- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kit's Life

Started by Dray, March 19, 2006, 12:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe opened the door wide to allow Laren to enter easily. "Come in Laren, sit down if you like." Ashe says motioning his hand to his hearth chair.

"Not everything is alright...at least with Kit." he says , not waiting for Laren to situate himself. "But for now her situation is under control. Kit is going through a...change. Her past has finally caught her in her attempt to escape it. Her spine has given out and currently she's unable to move her legs...unable to stand, let alone walk."

Ashe pulls out his pipe and fills it with a rich smelling tabac. He then hands his pouch to Laren to offer him some. "Now, I have an idea of what is happening but I want to be sure before I say or act upon my theory. She has a blister, if I can even call it that, on her lower back. When it bursts, and it will, the lose of blood could kill her. But it's not the lose of blood that is the issue...I can heal that...it's her spirit. She may not feel as if she should live. That, more than anything has me concerned."

Ashe goes over to the hearth and fires a long stick and lights his pipe. He offers the stick to Laren. "I don't know how long her condition will last. Despite her unconcious state I'm fairly certain that she'd like to hear from you though. She's responded to Jarmok well. She needs all of the friends she's got right now."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

"Did you know your door was locked?" Laren asked rubbing his forehead. "I was just coming to check on Kit. She's been gone a long time now."

"Oh, I also have some of these here potions, I don't know if they'd help."

Laren caught a glimpse of Jarmok. "Is..." A sudden seriousness replaced his light-hearted mood. "Is everything alright?"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit did not awaken.

Wildfire

Ashe hastily went to the door and opened it to see Laren just about ready to knock again. "Yes?" Ashe asked in a hushed tone. "What's on your mind, Laren?" Ashe glanced back into the room.

Laren bent his neck and bounced onto his toes to look around Ashe to see inside. He could see a fire in the hearth sending a curious glow into the room. Jarmok's shadowy form was crouched down next to a bed. Kit's slender legs were peeking out beyond Jarmok on on them were several cloths that appeared to have a wispy mist meandering up from them.

Laren could feel the tension in the room even from where he stood in the door. Ashe's face had both concern and excitment in his eyes. It was as if he was a father expecting a newborn child.
Wildfire

Griznuq

There was a bit of a thump on the door just then, followed by an "OOPH!" and a little shuffling that sounded like a halfling getting up off the ground.

The door latch rattled a bit, followed by a knock at the door. "Ashe? You there?"

It was clear now that the voice belonged to Laren.
=]V[=

Dray

Kit lay there, paralyzed from the waste down, her almost naked form shivering with pain and cold and blood dripping from her mouth and she smiled at Jarmok in understanding.

"Jarmok love Kit," she said simply and fell back into a restless asleep.

Johan

"NO!" Jarmok barked. He grabbed her cheeks between the long, lean fingers of his right hand. Staring hard into her eyes he hoped that she would see the conviction and confidence (borne by Ashe's assertion that he knew what was wrong and how to fix it) there. "Kit safe. Will be fixed. No more masters for Kit but Kit's self. Kit's eyes lie to her. Not is bad people. Only friends with Kit now. Love Kit. Kit very sick and will be fixed."

He softened his stare and his tone, stroking her smooth cheek, and said, "Kit want house in Threshold? Like flowers?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Ashe stopped cold. He fully realized the gravity of her memory. He could barely contain his rage from the enslavement that she's experienced. In a short time he has come to see her as niece or daughter. Either way he's angry that he is unable to to protect her from her memories.

Perhaps, he thought, that some memories are meant to be dealt with. Only by facing the demons of our past are we able to receive the angels of our future. Kit was enduring this for a reason...there are no accidents.

Ashe righted himself and rolled his hand in front of his mouth for Jarmok to keep speaking with Kit.
Wildfire

Dray

Kit watched Jarmok's unblinking gaze as he spoke, he could see her mentally fighting the confusing thoughts brought on by the fever.

"What is he doing to me Jarmok?" she asked, starting to tear up.

"Am I to be prepared for another master?"

Johan

Jarmok didn't look at Ashe as he whispered. He kept Kit's eyes and spoke firmly. "If I live, no bad ones touch Kit. Is promise, little sister." He said seriously. "Am here. Will stay. Kit fix armor? Day of Valley come. Big fun. Also, Kit need see tree [thumb in chest] planted. Only few days, but already big. Has whisper voice too. Make feel welcome. [Smiled his crooked toothy grin] Even me." He watched his young charge closely as he spoke, trying to guage her state of mind, and steered his talking accordingly.

Wildfire

Ashe moved in close to Jarmoks' cup-like ears. "Jarmok...Try to keep her preoccupied. Ask her about a happy memory of her past...something that will take her mind off of me. She sees me as someone that I obviously am not...she sees me as...a threat. I'll step away and continue with the rags." Ashe put his hand on Jarmok's fine furred shoulder. "I know that our tongue is still difficult for you...but keep talking to her. She trusts you...she has a...connection with you."

Ashe quietly backed away and began to cut the sheets into large rags with a knife that he had on his work table.
Wildfire

Dray

At first the gaze Kit returned Jarmok was one of true fright.  She even tilted her head towards the mattress slightly in an effort to shield half her vision from him, as if full sight of him was an affront to her but no so much so that it could overpower her mistrust.

But as Jarmok asked her about his armor a spark of familiarity was reflected within her blue eyes. As prompted she turned her gaze towards the hole in the armor and actually made a wince in empathy of understanding that it was not only the armor that had been damaged.

She looked back at him.

"Jarmok?" she asked.

"Hrung,"? he nodded with a half smile.

"Don't let him touch me Jarmok, don't let Markell's slave touch me!" She pleaded in a horse voice that was barely above a whisper. Blood still splayed from her mouth and added to the many spots that were already on the mattress sheet.

Johan

Jarmok kneeled next to Kit's bed, moving close to his friend. "Kit?" He asked gently. "Is Jarmok." His mouth worked a bit, as he searched for words. Something distracting. He thought.

"Kit. Armor broke again. You fix like last time? 'member? Is good, your fix, now big hole in shoulder. Is can fix, or I need new? What think?" He positioned himself so that she would be able to see the gaping hole that Vervishkuk left in his armor. Was it only earlier that very same day? Seemed so long ago as this point. He searched her face for signs that she heard, and might hopefully be brought out of those terrible memories of hers. For the first time, he was truly grateful that his own memories had fled him. Whatever he had been through, it couldn't be as bad as this youngling.

Again that odd, remote part of his mind that took odd notes as odd times awakened. He considered Kit a youngling; he wondered how old he himself was.

Griznuq

As enthralled with his beer as Laren was, he couldn't get his mind off of Kit. She really looked aweful when last he saw her. He wondered how she was doing.

The thought came to him like a sap to the head, he had dabbled a little bit with the herbs and such that Ashe used, perhaps he could be of some help there.

"I've also got these potions too, maybe they would be of some use..." He said to himself.

Laren hopped up from his low stool and tried to offer coin for his beer, which Garret refused as usual. Laren bowed his head and said "I must be off. I'll be over at Ashe's if anyone needs... well, not anyone of course, only those who we can trust needs me... Not that that ever really happens..." Laren babbled, finishing with a finger in the air, "but if it should, that's where I'll be."

Laren stopped talking and noticed he had the attention of most of the people in his proximity. He met their stares with a grin. "You all got that?" Laren was a little goofy with the brew in his belly. The onlookers mostly smiled and shook their heads.

"And don't worry, I'll be in bed before they light the street lamps."

With a slightly dramatic flourish of his arms, he spun around and headed for the door.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe shot Jarmok a perplexed stare. He leaned closer to her in an unconcious effort to make her hear him. "Kit, Markell is not here. It's just Ashe and Jarmok. We're here to take care of you."

Ashe quietly said to Jarmok, "Let her know you're here. Even if she's reliving a memory she may, on some level, be comforted by your voice."
Wildfire