- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Episode 05: A Passing

Started by Wildfire, September 17, 2005, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

"Well, just as long as YOU don't explode you'll be okay. I get the feeling that the times will be become a whole lot stranger Laren. I've seen things in my lifeti....ah, never you mind. Trust me when I say that Threshold is a special place...and very much worth fighting for. Well, shall I walk you to your horse? Or can you see your way to it yourselves?" Levin asks.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Laren shakes his head a bit. "I think there's something strange going on in Threshold... it's like, every time we get into a fight with something and they start to lose, they just explode!"
=]V[=

Wildfire

"I'm not sure what powers that thing has. What I do know is that it was made by both a genius and a madman. Whoever is after it probably is also." Levin said with a cryptic grin.
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Yeah, can something like the touch of this 'psychic residue' make rats explode?!"
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Aye that would be wise. Threshold should keep you out of the way from certain dangers...at least a while. Myself, I must be departing. I have much business to attend to. I do wish that I could go with you you two. But a Guildmasters work is never done...especially this guildmaster." Levin says.

Levin stands up from the table, "Your horse, Starsprinter, waits in the stable. Kit, fair thee well and watch your back...there are eyes watching for you. Laren, mind the wisdom of Garret and Eldan. Save blood, they are your uncles in every way. Learn from them. Your fathers ring is now yours, make him proud. Any questions...either of you?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Oh," Laren nodded. It seemed to make sense to him. "I will have to show it to you another time I think. This probably isn't the best place."

Laren turned to levin, "Well, we should probably be going soon after Kit is able to eat."
=]V[=

Dray

Suddenly it dawned on Kit that her little friend had no idea of her abilities. As many images re-ran in her mind of the past many days, not one revealed her Seer talent to him.

The only thing the memories revealed was that Laren was scared by the effect her talents created.

"I um...." she bit her lip, a bit taken aback. 'He may get mad at me, he may think me a monster!' she suddenly thought with fear.

"I told Levin here..." she looked at Levin, worried that he may immediately deny the lie coming from her mouth, the one she couldn't stop. "...that I am from a village near the Swamp of Seers."

She looked at Levin nervously a moment and continued. "Because of the closeness of the place, many of us live with this psychic residue each day. We have learned to recognize it, sort of like how Ashe recognizes an herb or plant for one of his remedies." As she lied, she became more confident with the explanation.

"If that gem has a psychic residue, I may be able to identify what purpose it serves," she said, almost smiling at her clever little story.

Griznuq

Laren blinked.

"Perhaps I'm a little confused here. I was just wondering how you know this stuff?"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit gave Laren a surprised look, to him, it seemed she was seeing him for the first time.

"Um...what?" she asked in utter confusion.

Griznuq

Laren's eyes narrowed a bit and his fork stopped halfway to his mouth...

He blinked at his for full of eggs.

"Wait a second." he shook his head and said, "I don't mean to sound rude here... you'll have to forgive my ignorance... WHY do you know things about this?" Laren looked at Kit puzzled.
=]V[=

Dray

Kit had listened attentively to Laren as he described his dreams in vivid detail. She placed a hand on his shoulder when he had mentioned his mother's murder.

After he had finished, she took a moment for him to come out of the reverie and said, "Dreams are mysterious, but yours speak to what could be true images of reality. If this gem truly has psychic residue as Levin states, then these very well could be prophetic visions or reflections of the past. I will help you Laren in any way I can," she stated as she gently squeezed his shoulder in assurance.

"To understand the dreams, we first need to understand the gem. I will do as Levin requests, I will look at it as soon as we are clear of this place."

Although her words were spoken confidently, Laren noticed her hand shook as she reached for the meal offered.

Wildfire

OCC: You such a great cut and paste memory.  :wink:
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren stopped leaning back in the chair and leaned over the table, put an elbow on the table and plopped his head in his hand.  "Oh, just jumbled images... I saw Crimson kill my mother... Then I saw some rails leading into a cave, which we traveled into the next day, (You remember?)... I saw the broken down wagon outside... Crimson reaching for me... and then last night, as I drifted into sleep I could see visions dancing before me...blurry and elusive. Memories that were mine and some that weren't. I could see places that seemed familiar but that I had never been to. Faces would break through the smokey air and soon fade out. Voices, deep and forbidding, would fill my ears with whispers speaking in strange tongues.

I could see a land rich and beautiful with mountains beyond and river of silver waters cutting through rich grasses and trees. As I floated beyond I could see villages with grand and majestic towers reaching for the stars. As I came closer to the ground the could see fires and sparks in a myriad of colors. I could hear death cries and battle screams. Smoke began to fill the air and great towers were crumbling in dreadful sorrow. I could then see a brilliant flash of light and hellfire rolled towards me. The heat was getting intense the light was blinding and then... I woke up soaked in sweat."

Laren took a bite of bacon.
=]V[=

Dray

Kit leaned back in her chair. Her temperament and voice lost a bit of its edge, "What kinds of things do you see?"

Getting some of her self control back, she looked upon Laren with compassionate concern.

Griznuq

Laren inhaled deeply and held it a moment. Upon release he said "Yup. Although, it's not so much 'control' as it is 'effect'. I see things when I dream... that's about it so far."
=]V[=