- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Sayer ain't the only scribe!

Started by Blackspear, January 24, 2006, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

"You'll see..." she said coyly "...it's my home. I want to talk with you...please, follow me..." she twirled and seemed to dance though the increasing thicket.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

[color=green:4bd8b69ecd]OOC: Good catch Johan!

Blackspear, I changed the day to Arkus (10th). Since 'Fires in the Night' doesn't start until that night you'll still be able to write the scroll...no harm no foul. Sound good?[/color]
Wildfire

Johan

[color=green:46edb83c78]I've just been updating the Chronology, and I don't think that this can fit on Duthash Zinnyas Syncath [May 9th]. This day is the second day for the "Chamber of Horrors" Session. From that session, on the evening of the 8th, we retreated to Threshold to recover from a battle with "wolf-rats" and in the morning of the 9th, we returned to the cave.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this thread is going to have to find another time to occur.[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Blackspear

[color=green:730b40a16a]"And then she reared her ugly head and devoured Dale!"[/color]

Dale follows the girl, trying to take note of where he is going, so that he doesn't get lost.   He also checks his weapons.  He's heard too many tales of a beautiful woman luring a man to his death in a secluded forest.
"Where are you taking me?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

The girl smiled, winked, and teasingly waved her hand for Dale to follow her. "I'll not harm you..." whispered a seducing voice in Dale's ear. It seemd so close that Dale swore he could feel warm breath on his skin. Shivers went down his back to the thought of how good that warm air felt.

Dale noticed that this part of the grove was a bit more wild and not as clean as the other parts that he had seen. There were more bushes growing and many dark gold leaves on the ground.

The urge to speak with this fairy was nearly uncontrollable.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale simply turns and follows the sprite.  "Wait.   Can we talk?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Dray

[color=green:db0f956d0a]An excerpt from Kit's Journal:

"Note to self, must stop drinking when at costume parties."[/color]

Wildfire

With a giggle the girl darts off deeper into the golden trees. For a second she disappears but out of the corner of his eye Dale sees her shuffling away but not too quickly. The only details that Dale is able to discern id that her waist length hair is a white gold color like that of the trees and her skin is nearly as white as milk.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Trying to catch up to the girl without scaring her, Dale moves quickly towards the girl in a non-threatening manner.  "Hello," he shouts to the girl.   "Who are you?"  Dale makes sure to show that his hands are empty and that he bears no ill will.
Blackspear

Wildfire

Dale, following the laugh, was drawn deeper into the golden grove. In the distance he could hear the girlish, playful giggling.

The light of Kossuth reflected off of the small leaves and casted a surreal glow and glitter upon the ground. It was akin to walking into a cavern of crystals that flaunted their full beauty with the gift of light.

The bark of the tree was a dark brown and had a more subtle sheen within it. It was not rough like the bark of other trees but instead was as smooth as a lake on a windless day. No lichen or moss grew on the trunk of the trees...they were free from any kind of perpetration.

Squirrels would occasionally dart up the trees to their nests built on the upper boughs. Birds also inhabited the trees and would flit about singing their songs.

It was a place that seemd could only exist in a dream. It sometimes seemd to Dale that it was a dream.

Up ahead Dale could barely see the figure of a young elf-like girl up ahead darting amongst the thick trunks of the trees.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale stands up from his makeshift table.   He lifts his arms high over his head and twists his torso in a stretch.   Then he shakes his legs out.   After feeling the blood flow back to his extremities, Dale pulled out his scroll case from his pack.   Very gently, the aspiring arcanist rolled his newly written scroll and placed it in his case.

After placing the scroll case back in his pack, he slings the pack over his shoulder and takes a slow searching look about his surroundings.   Not seeing anything, he cautiously moves through the goldleaf trees toward the direction where he last heard the spritely sound...
Blackspear

Wildfire

[color=green:11bbe61d55]It's been edited to suit....reread please...[/color]
Wildfire

Blackspear

[color=green:9f2b53ee96]Is this after Dale has completed the scroll?  Because he will not stop unless his life is threatened.   The scroll has to be written in one sitting.[/color]
Blackspear

Wildfire

Dale, lost within his own mind, hears something that he never would have expected: a playful laugh. It sounded much like a happy little girl. It was a light and curious laugh...odd even. After he finished his arcane scribbling Dale looked about to see who it was and where it came from but there was no sign of anyone around.
Wildfire

Blackspear

With a slight grunt, Dale picks up the heavy boulder and carries it to the larger table like rock in the center of the grove.   Once there, he pulls out his writing tools, quills, ink and parchment.   He smooths the parchment out across the rock and dips a quill in the ink.   After a moment to collect his thoughts, he begins to write in a flowing script.  

The language Dale writes in is rarely used these days.   As a matter of fact, Dale might be killed if the wrong people discover that he is capable of writing this script.   His mentor and benefactor had her home destroyed by those that would rid the world of magic.    

Dale hopes to change how people perceive magic.  It is a tool.  No different than a sword.  The sword can be used for good or evil.  But the sword itself is neither good or bad.  It is simply a tool.  Just like magic.

Dale banishes these thoughts from his mind as he begins to write the spell onto the scroll.   "Whisparnum zaltinum se kaltinum zorst...

The young arcanist becomes lost in the crafting of the scroll.   For hours he is lost to the world, completely focused on his task.   He continues to write as if the world around him does not exist.   A troop of Xan Thakian soldiers could walk right by him and he would not even notice.
Blackspear