- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Ring within the Brambles

Started by Wildfire, September 19, 2005, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

"Indeed Maal and Dale did say that you stayed to further protect the Ring."

Ashe then starts to talk in the secret speech, "Perceptive you are, Maccabeus. I'm an honored agent of Zebulon and I know what it is you have done. I saw you last night guarding the Ring. I know that you basked in the light of Syrryth'Nyx calling forth its' power with unbridled passion. Zebulon embraces your spirit and I remain inspired by it. You now wear the mark that I do and The Ring is under your charge...that is the trust that is given to you for as long as you will keep it. Our strength and the strength of all will be needed soon."

Ashe returns to the common speek, "So, will you give me a tour of the newly found wonder? Methinks that Dale here is as enthusiastic as I am to see it."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Maccabeus grasped the man's forearm in greeting. "Dale and Maal must have keen knowledge of Mahiya's will then." He observed. "I had stayed only to know if more of those villianous cretins returned to further defile the Ring. It wasn't until much later that I realized what the Ring was."

"To be honest, though, I don't think it is the will of the four, nor of Mahiya herself, that the Ring become an over-crowded forum. It is, after all, among the most holy of places."

He seemed to consider his words for a moment, then hurried on. "Not that one of the bretherin would be unwelcome. Indeed, I am confident that any servant and guardian of Mahiya will be welcomed there." He smiled a broadly to his two conversants.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Ashe smiles at hearing what has over the years become his more natural language.

"I have come this way today to see something that has not been seen for centuries...The Ring of Mists. I trust you know of it being revealed? I have been waiting for many a year to see this wonderous sight. It pleases me to great extent that one of proper passion has overseen it's emergence. I salute you and all who helped. Dale and Maal told me that you stayed to take care of it and see it through to ancient glory." Ashe extends his hand out to Maccabeus in gratitude.
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus was much relieved, and startled besides, to hear the melodious cant of his brethren. No one had spoken thus to him since before Venric.

"Greetings in kind." Maccabeus replied. He reminded himself that he still needed to be cautious; this man maybe a servant of Mahiya, but yet be mischievous. "I am Maccabeus, recently arrived from the Dale of Wolves"

Cognizant of Dale's unfamiliarity with this tongue, Maccabeus switched to common for his associate's benefit. "What brings you this way?" The answer, of course was obvious, but Mac figured that the question would bear asking, if for no other reason than segue.

In truth, the little gnome was near bursting at the seams to talk with another of his own station - one who might appreciate exactly what it was that had transpired over the last day but he had to learn more first. Against his nature, he quelled the impulse to just begin relating all the details. He wished that wolf were on-hand to help him get a sense for this Ashe's disposition.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"A wolf, eh? I like wolves. Whatcha say about Zebulon and Istisha?"

Ashe seems to lose interest in anything that Dale is saying and calls out to Maccabeus in a curious language, "Greetings friend. I am a brother of the Wolf and friend to the Hawk. I take comfort from the trees and I slumber in the grass. I respect the four and honor their parent. I am Ashe Pryessant...servant and guardian of Nyx whom you might call Mahiya." . Ashe extends his bronzewood symbol from his neck so that Maccabeus can see it clearly.

Dale looks on with a sense of wonder at hearing this melodious language. Though he doesn't understand any of it the enchantment of it's liquid broge is soothing.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"So what's this talk about Zebulon and Istisha?"
Dale waves to Maccabeus and tells Ashe "That's Maccabeus the druid I told you about.  Watch out for his wolf.   Its REALLY BIG! He actually rides the thing like a horse!"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Ashe laughs outloud, "Well that's a great start! Yes much still remains from times of old. Some dangerous and others benign. Although one rarely knows which is which when they first find it. Much knowledge of many places was lost and forgotten over the course of wars and time. Ancient writings were either hoarded or destroyed. Yet despite the obstacles things can mysteriously return...especially when they're needed. It's as if there's an entity about them that knows things that we can't possibly know. I feel it was no accident that the Ring of Mists is once again present...it or something knows what we do not."

While talking, Ashe becomes somewhat distant. He stares out at vacantly. He continues to walk picking up a little speed and looks around him...left, right, up, down.

He stares ahead and remarks,"There's energy in the air. I can feel it. Did you see it last night? Istisha? How it moved through the sky? How a divine beam of light shot to the ground? That happened last year only more westerly and northerly. Events are in motion, Dale. We are once again in a time of Zebulon...a time of Zyxu Archeon." Ashe shakes his head side to side, "I wish that I had more answers."

Ahead on the road was a short figure. He looked wild and rough. Dale sees that it is Maccabeus.
Wildfire

Blackspear

I have the curiosity of a cat.  I have to know everything I can about everything I see.   I have a great passion for history and I love to learn new things whenever I can.   I've heard of many lost ruins being discovered in this area and I can hardly believe that on my first full day in Threshold I have already discovered a temple thats been lost for many years!   Its truly exciting!
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

"So you've traveled around a bit have you? It's good to travel. It fills the soul to see the world and new places...meet new people. Festival time here is so magnifecent because of that. People come from all places and walks bound by a common thread."

Ashe continues walking down the newly green road with Dale. He asks, "So what is it about the Ring of Mists that you find so fascinating? I can hardly contain myself but it's something I've been anticipating for a long time. But what about you? What's your interest?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"I was born in LLewlyn.   My mother used to take me for walks on the beach nearly everyday.   She'd tell me tales of the sea.   My grandfather was the main characrter in nearly every tale...
He was a fisherman.   His ship was lost at sea during a terrible winter storm.   She always talked about him as if he was the greatest of seafaring heroes.    He was a devout follower of Istisha.   My mother made this necklace to remind her of him..." Dale picks up the seashell tied to a cord of leather around his neck and allows Ashe to look at it.

"After she died I moved to Kazbourne to search for my father...
After a while I gave up on him and decided to explore the world.   I aimed my feet down the road and I ended up in Threshold.
Blackspear

Wildfire

[color=green:cf14a776da]OOC: Whoa Tex! back up there a second![/color] :wink:

Dale and Ashe head out of the Thornhedge and over the Angelhawk Bridge. To the right is a standing stone that is shaped into a fluid, undulating statue of water.Beyond that there is a stream that carves its' way through the surrounding cliff. Ashe points and says, "Through that crevice is a natural spring that is the shrine of Istisha. That there is the stone to mark it's location...which is also part of the shrine.

Stepping on to the road north you become enveloped in a canopy of trees. The birds are out chirping and flitting about tending to their business. A cool breeze pushes from behind you reminding you that further south are snow capped mountains still in the chilling grip of Venric.

Ashe says, "I agree. I love the first drops of Sythus. The release from the cold and the confines of my cabin are nice. So, where are you from, Dale?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Absolutely! Let's go!"
Dale stands up, straps his quarterstaff to his new baldric and begins to head outside with Ashe.   As he steps out of the inn, he takes a deep breath of freshly blooming wildflowers.   "Ahh, I love spring...
Dale walks with Ashe through town making small talk along the way, being careful to avoid any discussion that might lead to unwelcome topics like magic and wiardry.
As they make their way through Coryndar Fields, Dale makes sure to wave hello to Thurgin and company, exchanging brief pleasantries on his way to the brambles.
Blackspear