- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

07.25.2127 - A Girl in Hell

Started by Dray, December 01, 2008, 01:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

(I have no qualms with her vocabulary, in fact, I see Shannon as a prodigy who may have had intellect at an extremely early age.)

Natasha has listened to the rant of the precocious child with a raised eyebrow and a half smile.

She responded to her question, "Most likely right after the trial, but I warn you, whatever time you will be granted to speak with them...well, it will not feel like enough. You have to be ready to say good bye to them Shannon, perhaps for a long time."

What Shannon heard behind Natasha's warning was a message of hope she believed her lawyer truly meant to give her: 'you won't be saying goodbye forever'.

"One more thing Shannon," Natasha continued before Shannon could reply. The child nodded and looked up at her with a wince, anticipating some final portent of doom.

"You need to not trust people so quickly," Natasha said while crossing her arms. "For instance, you have absolutely no idea who I am, yet I can feel you are almost ready to tell me your life story. You also had absolutely no idea who Nathaniel was and yet you immediately trusted the man despite the fact he shared your jail cell."

"But..." Shannon began.

"But nothing Miss Auvyrndyr," Natasha interrupted in a stern but calm voice. "you have no idea who is on which side after only an hour of conversation. Make sure you really know someone before you tell them any secrets or who your alliances are with okay?"

Shannon discovered something at that very moment, she discovered that there were actual sides.

Wildfire

Natasha's words were like a cold, wet slap across Shannon's face. She was reminded of being cautious around those that portrayed empathy to her situation. Again, the confusion began to well up. She pursed her lips in frustration. The only person she could trust was herself she realized. How alone that felt...so very alone.

So be it.

She had to deal with the situation, and future situations, as they were, not as she wished they were. Aside from seeing her parents she wanted most to draw at this moment. She wanted to lose herself in the magic of the moment of creating an inspiring piece of art. For her that was the only way to deal with the tumble of emotions she was feeling. One moment it was anger, the next sadness, then confusion, hope, rage, despair, frustration, revenge, fear...love. All of it was a becoming a burden she wasn't sure she could bear. No, she had to carry it. She wanted in every way to let it all go. She wanted to not feel anything just to have some release. She wanted to draw.

"Miss Marks, you're right, of course. While I do not know who to trust...even if I can trust you...you have given me reason to hope for better times. Thank you for that." Shannon offered.

She dug deep into herself and bolstered her resolve to get through the eventual sentencing and perhaps more frightening, the last she would see of her family for a long while to come. She feared for them and herself as the future of everyone was in complete darkness.

Not wanting to endure the suspense any longer she said, "Let's get this over with. I have art that needs to be born." The cold manner in which Shannon make her proclamation sent a shiver down Natasha's spine.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

Natasha sized up the child for a moment and then finally gave her a simple nod. "As you wish child," she stated and half-turned, raising an arm to guide her away from the nature-filled waiting room.

[color=#00ff00](OOC: the remainder of the actual trial is bereft of any drama. Shannon's parents would no longer be in attendance and Shannon's involvement within it would be incidental. I would like to pick this up in a new thread that gives Shannon one last time to see her parents in [b]2127.07.25 – A Child's Goodbye[/b].[/color]

[color=#00ff00]I realize that this is a bit in contrary to the warning Natasha just gave Shannon, but it is indeed the case.[/color]

[color=#00ff00]Okay with you if we call this one done?)[/color]

Wildfire

Yep...let's move the next part
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity