- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Satyr tracks (Completed)

Started by Griznuq, February 08, 2008, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Very cool backstory.

Would Fir'Ath know of these "Weirdo-Anti-Goat-Elves"? And more importantly, would he make the connection of these W.A.G.E. to this awesome Satyr race before him?

If he doesn't (make the connection), then Fir'Ath's sentiment within this thread is still viable and makes sense.

Griznuq

Well, the story would be well known by the folks within the city proper, however you'd mentioned that Fir'ath spent little time IN the city. I'll leave it up to you whether or not he knows it. The story would have been one that was told by a campfire by grandparents to little ones and such... The term "Satyr" would have been used in the story. Anyone having heard the story would know that Maragarn and his tribe were the ones in the story.

But what I wanted to convey is that Fir'ath is smart enough to have precieved a very heavy meaning behind the discussion... You're correct that no one in the city diverted their gaze from you, but instead they stood proud... However, you're not an elf. It's not the general public they're shamed by, it's their Elven cousins who feared associating with them... So there's some important feelings and objectives here.

It would also have been clear to him that it would not be Serephus' intention to grovel at some culture who felt they were higher than the Satyr, but instead let that culture know that the Satyr are here, are staying, and are no longer apologizing.

Maragarn's job is to figure out how best to show this.

I'm not telling you how to play your character, I just don't want to let anything escape your attention. It's certainly believable that someone of great pride would believe that enraged discust would be an acceptible response to the predjudice the Satyrs are facing... Just know that it IS real.
=]V[=

Griznuq

Serephus breathed easily in the midst of all the excited words.

"So you see, my son, your task will not be easy," he said with an ironic smile. "Your friend knows not of our history, and does not understand the need for our story to be told. There are those who would sooner see us erradicated. It needs to be made clear to them, as well as anyone else, that it will not happen."
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Sire..." Maragarn said "...I do not know if I'll be able to change the minds of others. But as sure as the Grandtree grows I will certainly tell our story."

Turning to Eswarth Maragarn unties a small pouch from his belt, holds it forward and says, "Honored Eswarth, I do believe these Ironbark saplings belong to your tribe. It would be an insult to keep them from those that may need them."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Corellon Larithien was the other god, as I recall. This is Eswarth's very own patron!

Eswarth bowed his head and accepted the pouch from Margarn. He held them for a moment, then spoke. "It is good that you should return this gift, young one. But they will remain unusefull where I go now, and knowing not where our journey will take us next, nor where thereafter, the wind whipsers in my ear that our taking them with us may mean that they never return to the earth properly." He clopped a few paces to approach Margarn's grandsire. "Honored elder of this younger race," he said, "I am sure that Su'Tharc would have me place these saplings in your charge. Mayhap with your Mistress's aid you might cause them to grow here in your lands, and so spread the majesty that is the Ironbark."

Eswarth held the small pouch low for the satyr to accept.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

OOC:Actually, the deity that got bent with them was Oba'Dai the Oak Father
Wildfire

Johan

No, Wildfire, I think that you're mistaken regarding which god the race that you created offended in the history that you also created. Go check your notes. :)

Dray

Johan...um....sir...um...."unuserfull"?

hehe

Wildfire

Checked my notes...Obad Hai
Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

Quote from: DrayJohan...um....sir...um...."unuserfull"?

hehe

Look! Look! Dray calls somone else on a typo! Hath Hell frozen over?!

Dray

Griznuq

"Maragarn," Serephus said. "A merchant happened upon Red a few days ago. He came from the north, and he said..." Serephus trailed off as he turned and walked to the far end of the tent.

Serephus opened a trunk, and produced a parchment. "The Festival of the Dawn," Serephus read, showing the group. Beneath those words was a colorful painting of a butterfly.

"The butterfly represents change," Serephus explained. "Or so we're told. The merchange said that the Port City of Dannath is having a fourteen day celebration in honor of the Emerald Dawn, welcoming ALL of the Dawn's children."

Serephus' tone was hopeful, though it sounded forced. The Satyr was suggesting something that no other Satyr had every considered. The idea that there was a community that might not only accept them, but embrace and welcome them was ridiculous, a child's fancy. Yet here, this old Elf, disfigured by a curse on the very morning Dannath was going to honor, was suggesting that Maragarn should attend.

"There are those of us who cannot accept ourselves," He said to his son. "That has never been a flaw of yours. For those who live in shame, a thing like this would not be welcomed. For you, this may be an opportunity to tell our story."

Serephus rolled the parchment, tied it with twine and handed it to his son. "The festival starts on the second moon."

(OOC: Meaning, not this coming full moon, but the next... So, like... 6 weeks. I will have to find my map and make sure that's enough time, but I believe it is. We'll edit as necessary. )
=]V[=

Wildfire

Maragarn was awestruck. "You want ME to represent our tribe?" Instinctively he looked at the ground but quickly lifted his head to look his father in the eyes. He then focused towards his grandsire who simply gave a reassuring nod.

It seemed to him that fate was challenging him with one dauntless task to another. The difference was that the first was a challenge of his inner strength and this was one that tested the uprising spirit of his kin.

"Sire..." Maragarn said, more as bolster to his own confidence, "...the wisdom of the elders has stated that life does not put before us anything we are not ready to handle. I hope that I can proove that...for more than just our tribe." Standing with dignity he stated, "I will go to see the ways of the Outsiders and make our kin known."

A puzzled look came across his face and he looked to Eswarth and asked, "Your travels take us north...will we be back in time for the festival?"
Wildfire

Johan

Eswarth considered the satyr's query seriously. He shifted about, clopping his forehoove repeatedly as he mentally counted out time; his hoof was striking upon a stone that lay flat, but above the surface of the ground, and the clatter sounded for all the world like two dice skittering off of each other in the hands of a figeting player.

"Well," he began deep and slow. "In truth I don't know how long our journey will be. But I have faith in our GM to make this scenario mesh neatly with his plans for this Dawn Festival. I'm sure that there will be enough time, one way or another."