- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Reward of Service

Started by Wildfire, February 21, 2008, 09:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Reward of Service (The introduction of Bastion)

Duthash Arek Albyr V.Y. 237 (May 19)

Jonak sat as his table looking over a sheet of paper. The paper had the wax seal of authentication indicating it was from the Council of Seven of Threshold...in particular Julius Hawhaven. It was a request that had been sitting on his desk for some time. 'If it is at all possible, please ask any priests under your charge to see their way here' read one of the lines on the request. At the time of its arrival it was unreasonable to send any priests to the prestigious town since Rhohannus was at war and needed all of the healing it could obtain. With many new priests now on the front and in the city, the request to send priests to Threshold was now fit to be met. Jonak knew of just the right person for the job.

There was a knock at the door. Jonak fully the expected the company. He had asked that Bastion pay him a visit and in all probability, he had now arrived. He wanted to give Bastion, a priest with great promise, a chance to put his faith to the test. Threshold was just the place where he could do this. Many pilgrims would be flocking to the Valley right now and some, would be seeking guidance and protection. There was not a feathers weight of doubt in Jonak's mind that Bastion could indeed do this...Jonak had faith in him.

Slipping his glasses to the end of his nose Jonak looked up and said, "You may enter."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Bastion pushed the door open quietly and stepped inside the room.

Bastion stood just inside the door and said "Good afternoon Master Jonak." He was well aware of the liberties he was entitled to take since his annointing as a full priest, but he'd practiced formality for so long, it was habit.

You'd asked to see me? Are things not as they should be?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Worry not Bastion...everything with you is fine." Jonak sat up in his chair and frowned slightly. "Although, there is one thing that comes to mind that is not as it should be with you..." Jonak let the words hang in the air letting Bastion's mind gallop through the list of possibilities.

"Bastion, in the time you've been under my direction you've been an excellent student. You've performed admirably in the ways of the priesthood and are prooving yourself to be a fine healer. That said..." again Jonak let the words linger, "...you're wasting your talents. You have much more to offer than what Rhohannus can provide...and really, it's not a fault."

Jonak relaxed back in his chair and the stern look he had on his middle-aged face melted away. "Bastion, you are now at a crossroads. Let me explain...The town of Threshold is in need of priests. With the recent magic plague sweeping the City -States the ones that presided there have died. Master Hawkhaven has sent out the call for others to fill the void. In all likelyhood you would be the Sardiorian High Priest for the town. This of course means that you're in charge of the Temple. What say you?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Well," Bastion said a bit taken back. He'd heard little about Threshold, and in all honesty, he'd started to feel like he wasn't making enough of a difference healing wounded soldiers. All they did was run back out and get hurt again. No one was learning, and Bastion wanted to teach!

"Truth be told, I have been feeling a bit... ineffective here. An assignment like that would certainly give me a challenge. I'm sure Sardior would appreciate a presence there was well..."

Bastion began to consider a life outside of civil war, and the prospect quickly appealed to him.

"I hesitate to leave here though." This had been Bastion's home for his entire life, and he'd never been away. The prospect of travel made him a bit nervous.

"Will you have all the help you need here in my absense?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

Jonak noted Bastion trepidation. Though he loved him like a son he knew that his time for striking out was at hand. "Our order will do well. Soldiers will live and soldiers will die. No amount of healing can change that part of war. Keeping the balance in such an important area is far more paramount."

Jonak looked intently at Bastion and said, "I want you to know upfront that another Priest has arrived there according to my sources. He's a Priest of Takhisis from the Order of Living Night. They are a curious lot and should not be underestimated as their sophistication makes them much more sinister. You may find yourself in oppostion...or maybe not. I trust you'll judge the situation and make the right calls if any should be made. Travel well Brother Bastion...you'll be missed."
Wildfire

Dray

What incredible depth this campaign has, hats off to you Mr. Wildfire.

And Matt? Great character right out the gate, I look forward to seeing more of this man in the ICD's.

DnD rawks!