- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The First Lesson

Started by Wildfire, January 14, 2008, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Keltan said, "I don't think I've ever seen anyone so happy for flapjacks as you are right now Kit!"

Ashe began devouring his plate of food all the while expressing his approval with sounds of satisfaction. Keltan said, "I'm glad you like them Ashe." Ashe responded with, "Mmm...uh...uhhmmm..." while nodding his head. "I haven't had a good meal since breakfast at Zarion's a couple of days ago."

Keltan looked at Kit and said, "I'm glad you're well again Kit. That's all that matters."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

Kit was as ravenous as the man who sat by her. She looked up at Kelten with a mouthful of pancake and syrup slightly dripping for her chin. They shared a knowing look that not only expressed her appreciation for his sentiment, but conveyed she understood how silly she looked.

Kelten let out a hearty belly laugh.

"Ah lass, you could melt the heart of an ogre barbarian." Kelten gave her a parting wink and went back into the kitchen.

The glutinous pair were quiet as they devoured their breakfast, sharing a look of guilt at the end which made them both laugh.

Wildfire

"In a little while we're both going to feel this breakfast." Ashe mused. He took a long draw from his mug of milk and it left a white moustache on his stubbly upper lip. He let out a thunderous belch and said, "Oh that feels good! Keltan, you magnificent bastard, that was worthy of the gods!"

For in back Keltan yells, "So I hear! Just leave the plates I'll clean them up!"

Ashe says to Kit, "Well, are you ready to begin?"
Wildfire

Dray

Kit put her coffee down and gave Ashe a timid look.

"What do I have to do?" she said with obvious apprehension.

Wildfire

Ashe got up from the table and said, "You have to come with me." Ashe said in a matter of fact way. "You'll soon see where we are going. Then you'll soon see where you are going."
Wildfire

Dray

"He is so going to make you do things like Mr. Gregell did!" Jordan immediately piped into her mind.

"Shush you!" Kit said to her pocket, then realized she spoke out loud.

Wildfire

Ashe glanced over at Kit when she spoke. He smirked and said, "Have you ever been to the Goldleaf trees? It's a spectacular thing. No doubt you've seen them from a distance but to actually stand in the middle of them is wonder few will ever know."
Wildfire

Dray

"I uh....um...." Kit stuttered in embarrassment. Upon uttering her demand out loud to Jordan she was sure Ashe would have thought it was directed at him.

"I uh....no, no I haven't stood amongst them. That sounds....nice," she said recovering from her mental trip.

She stood up quickly in an attempt to cover her mistake further with action, wiping off pancake crumbs from her oversized peasant blouse.

Wildfire

"It's nice. I'm sure you'll like it." Ashe said as he observed her covering her perceived mistake.

They exited the Thornhedge and Kossuth still had not breached the east wall. The soft orange glow could be seen emerging though.

"So, tell me Kit, what are you able to do as a seer?" Ashe decided to get straight to the point. He was going to be direct with this so not to give her any wiggle room for evading answering his questions.
Wildfire

Dray

Kit looked up at him as they walked. She thought a moment and answered very calmly, her ruse stripped, her attitude transformed and she answered in a surprisingly mature manner.

"I am not sure Grandfather, I once thought I was, but now I am not." Kit said, looking at the beautiful morning sky in deep thought.

"I can thrust my anger into the minds of my enemies and cause horrific damage," she said with a grimace. "I can also make a man focus on me like I am the most beautiful thing he has ever gazed upon, charming him."

Ashe thought she was going to continue, but she merely walked beside him, contemplating.

Wildfire

Ashe nodded his head in understanding. "I've known people with like abilities. You focus your mind with your emotion and release it. It can be quite a destructive force."

Ashe wanted to ask a big question but wanted to ease up to that. "How did you first discover your first ability?"
Wildfire

Dray

'He soooo didn't just ask that! Quick, make a break for it through those trees!' Jordan asked more than commanded.

Kit put her left hand into her pocket.

Kit looked at Ashe, then back at the horizon.

Her voice was still calm and collected when she said, "I didn't discover my ability until I was being held prisoner four years ago by an evil man named Drakyr. He and his lacky invaded my home in Mandin, killed my father before my eyes and took me captive."

Jordan cried in despair in Kit's mind.

Kit continued, "When I reached his home at the Swamp of Seers, his friend Markell, a body controlling parasite, used me to do his bidding." Kit's demeanor slowly changed as she spoke, there was a slight crescendo to her voice as she became angrier with the tale.

"This slug[/i]," she spat the word, "taught me to focus my power."

Kit pathed back to the crying Jordan, 'Be at ease my dearest, Grandfather needs to know of us.'

Wildfire

Ashe was silent for a moment. Suddenly things started to make sense to him. She had mentioned some of these things in her hysteria but at the time Ashe didn't know what it meant. The mystery was being unraveled.

Ashe didn't expect that to be the answer to his question. But since it was he may as well go with it. "Kit, I am not Markell. I will continue to teach you focus. But you must know that my designs are far different than the slug's. You know this...right?"
Wildfire

Dray

Kit looked at him, her innocence and vulnerability returned.

"No one would have gone through what you did to save me and not had good intentions, but...." Kit said, then paused.

"But?" Ashe inquired.

"but what do you want of me Grandfather?" Kit stopped in her tracks. Ashe had been taken off guard and walked two further steps before turning back towards her.

Kit folded her arms under her chest, looked off to her left to blink away a tear and returned her gaze to him.

"Why me?" she asked him.

"Well it's because of your ability and..." Ashe began but was interrupted.

"No." Kit demanded.

"What?"

"No, why me?! Why can't I simply live in a town like any other normal girl?! Why?!" she was starting to yell now, not necessarily at him, but perhaps the Gods.

"Why can't I choose[/i] my own life? Why does every man I run across have plans for me, whether or not I wish it. Why can't I choose[/i]?! Why must I merely be a pawn or an object in every man's mind?! I just want to be left alone Ashe!" She shouted and stared at him with the big blue eyes once again swimming in tears.

"I mean, oh, I am sorry Grandfather." Kit turned away and now openly wept.

Ashe took two steps towards her and laid a hand on each of the girl's shoulders.

She looked up at him, not finished with her tirade, but much quieter as she was disarmed by Ashe's touch. "Why can't they leave me alone Grandfather? Not you Sir...but them. I tire of hiding...and I am so done with running."

Kits eyes bounced from side to side as they looked into his, "I miss them. I want them back."

Ashe knew she spoke of her parents.

Wildfire

Ashe looked her in the eye and said, "Kit, what has happened to you in the past was tragic. No one can deny that. You must learn to accept it and carry on. Is it fair? No. But you're not being fair to yourself if you keep reliving the past and ignoring your future. By doing just that you make yourself more of what you don't want to be...their prisoner."

Ashe thought for a moment and said, "When my wife...died I thought that my world would crumble into oblivion. For a while, it did. Loosing her was truly the hardest thing that I ever went through. I was angry and I didn't understand. I dwelled on it for years and even slipped back into the insanity of the Seers for a time. Then I understood that it was the end of that chapter in my life and that I was being prepared for a new one. It was that experience that would allow me to handle what was in my future. So is it with you."
Wildfire