- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Humans - The Benefit Package?

Started by Dray, October 18, 2005, 08:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Alrighty Phin, we have you cornered now. First question I have is this, if I play a human, what do I get?

Second is, can we start generating characters? I am busting to get this character on paper.

Phineas

Quote from: http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Skills_Actions.pdfCrystal Keep's Skill index[/url].

They also have a long list if feats.

Johan

I'm looking through my library; where do you suggest that we look for skills outside of the PHB?
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Phineas

Just a reminder: you're not restricted to just the PHB for selecting skills.  Keep in mind: if your fighter is taking the skill "Spellcraft", then you should be prepared to answer some questions on your character's background! ;)

Dray

Quote from: MattOOO Can I have the gurdle if flatulance!?!

Wouldn't work, "a stronger spell is already active".

:wink:

Griznuq

OOO Can I have the gurdle if flatulance!?!
=]V[=

Phineas

Quote from: DrayHow many artifacts do we start with?
Here we go.  "Belt of Bed Wetting."[/i]

Dray

Wow, that was a fantastic, speedy and well thought out response.

Thanks.

How many artifacts do we start with?

Phineas

If you would like to begin generating your character, then here are my suggestions:

* Develop your character's physical traits, including the name, race, sex, etc. of your character.

* Character generation: roll 4d6, discarding the lowest roll.  Roll for 7 abilities, discarding the lowest.  Characters will gain maximum hit points when advancing levels (no die rolling for hit points).

* Develop a loose and flexible background for your character.  Is he wealthy?  An outcast?  Socially connected?  Also please make a simple, loose outline about what this character's goals are: what does he hope to achieve?  What does he hope to gain?  How do you envision his role in a party with four other people?

Example: Lucky Larry grew up impoverished along a river-side town.  He scraped out a living by running as a messenger. Running allowed him to grow strong and hardy over the years.

[color=green:35b7e11cec]HUMAN PERK PACKAGE[/color]:

If you are human, you gain the following bonus feats:

* Specialized training: Select any one (1) cross-class skill for your character class.  This skill permantly becomes a class skill for your character.  Example: Lucky Larry, a Fighter, selects the skill "Perform: dance".  This skill is now treated as a class skill for this character.

* Advanced studies: Select two (2) of your skills that have a minimum of one (1) trained rank.  You gain +2 bonus on the first skill, and a +2 bonus on the second skill. (q.v. feats "Acrobatic", "Alertness", "Athletic", etc.)  Option: give this feat your own cool sounding name, but may wish to note, in parenthesis, that this is "advanced studies".  Example: Lucky Larry selects a +2 bonus to "Perform: dance" skill rolls, and a +2 bonus to "Jump" skill rolls. The fighter renames the feat to "Legs of the Runner (advanced studies)".