- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Dark servant, Good deed

Started by Wildfire, December 07, 2005, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Maal pulls hard on the door but with no success of it opening. After some moments a haunting, whispering voice answers, "Whom shall I say is requesting audience?"

Wolf becomes more restless. Maal and Maccabeus do not recognize the voice as Severen's...it is clearly anothers.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

fraz

Maal Brengain approaches the front entrance of the temple and knocks one of the knockers hard against the door with two raps. Then, without further hesitation, she attempts to open the door and enter the temple.
nothing

Wildfire

[color=green:52c825a00e]OOC: it's closed. Yes there are knockers...but at the height for humans.[/color]
Wildfire

Johan

[color=green:78b26e7aa5]Is that door standing open? Closed? Any "great knockers"?[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Looking at the Temple of Shadows Maal and Maccabeus can see the on the grounds close to the temple is a dark purple fog. The lights from within also glow purple casting and eerie glow to the outside. The light from within flashes out in quick bursts like lightning.

Both Maccabeus and Maal could swear that they see shadows on the edge of their sight moving closer to them the closer they get to the temple. Wolf's fur stands on end and he gets quite nervous with every step towards the entrance.

The obsidian temple is curtained by four towers at exactly North, South, East, and West. The four towers climb into great single spires ending in points. The center rotunda of the temple seems to swirl in odd colors of purple and green and is almost hypnotizing to watch.

The entrance door is inlaid with gold on black obsidian with various symbols including the everwatching 'eye'.

On the side of the temple is the cart that the bodies had been loaded onto.
Wildfire

fraz

"I 'ave no problem with goin' inside," replies Maal Brengain. "As a matter o' fact, I've been wantin' ta see th' inside o' one o' these locked temples. 'E's th' first priest ta arrive 'ere an' unlock one, so I'm 'opin' 'e's inside there."

Maal approaches the front of the temple...
nothing

Johan

"Ach, sorry, Maal." Maccabeus apologized. "I'm from the Dale of Wolves, which borders the wildlands. Most of my people talk much like you do, but in my line of work it's frowned upon. Still, I lapse back inna it a' times." He smiled as he spoke. "It's fairly easy to start talking like that, especially if I'm in the company of someone who's got the accent or dialect. I didn't mean to be making fun of you. And, thanks for slowing up a bit."

"There's the Temple." Maccabeus said as they walked. "Will you have a problem going inside if Severen isn't outside?"

fraz

"I dinna mind if'n ye come along... Let's get going," Maal Brengain turns abruptly and begins striding towards the center of town.

After a few long steps she realizes that she will quickly outdistance her shorter, gnomish companion if she walks at her usual pace, so she purposely slows down and shortens her stride.

As they walk along, the Wildlander looks down at Maccabeus, "Ye almost sounded like a Wildlander back there, Maccabeus... 'Ave ye travelled in th' Wildlands yerself then?"
nothing

Johan

"Teeth an' claws, eh?" As he spoke to Maal, Maccabeus began to lapse a bit into the wildlander dialect. His grandfather and Shankaria would have been very unpleased to hear him talking in that brogue, but it was infectious, and it was common in the Dale if one weren't a Chosen of the Divinities. He had studied long and hard to be rid of it, but it still crept in if left to it's own accord.

"Severen'll like as not know aboot why they might've taken claws. D'ya mind if'n I folla ye? Ashe c'n doo without me, no doubt."

fraz

"Eh?  Dale?  He'll be fine... When 'e wakes up!" snorts Maal Brengain with a sneer. "When Ashe wants one ta rest an' 'eal, 'e serves ye a mug o' some kinda brew tha' puts ye inta a deep slumber. Knocks ye out as if a giant 'ad clobbered ye on th' 'ead! I was 'avin' none o' tha' this time! Kit is also in there sleepin' off 'er wounds from th' fight." The wildlander shakes her head, "She's a brave girl runnin' inta tha' battle. When I first met 'er I dinna think she 'ad tha' in 'er, but she's proved more than once tha' she can stand 'er ground with th' rest o' us when things get ugly."

"So, th' teeth grow inta new beasties, ye say?" Well, tha' is disturbin' news, indeed! We fought some o' those beasties in th' minin' caves south o' th' town, but we left 'em there, not knowin' any better. Some... thing... a winged serpent tha' Julius thinks is a Xanthakos spy, came in th' night an' took all o' th' teeth an' claws from th' carrion eaters an' dead folk in th' caves. I dinna unnerstand why it did tha'. Tha's why I wanna talk ta Severen now. I'm thinkin' tha' 'e may know a bit aboot it. Perhaps they are usin' th' teeth to hatch new beasties! This is very disturbin'!"
nothing

Johan

"Actually, no, I didn't see him destroying them. He and I put them all into a sack and delivered them to Julius." Maccabeus told the wildlander. "It's really a remarkable, yet foul transformation. Those teeth actually turn into new carrion eaters; they grow off of the body in which they've been placed. I actually pulled one from a body and the tooth had sprouted a new mouth, complete with its own teeth and everything! It's unnatural. Severen and I destroyed those few teeth that were growing into new beasts." Maccabeus made a distasteful mouth as he spoke of the night's events.

"Er, how's Dale?" He asked, just noting that Maal's earlier companion was now missing. "And what did you mean when you noted that half the Protectorate was sleeping? Do you need additional help tonight? Wolf and I can stay on the night if it'd help."

fraz

After kneeling on one knee and receiving Maccabeus' ministrations, Maal Brengain rises to her full height again and leans casually upon her spear.

"Well, I had been on me way back ta find ye an' Severen. I'm... curious... about what he needed ta do. Removin' th' teeth ye say, an' destroyin' 'em, eh? Did ye see 'im destroy 'em? Wha' was it all aboot, do ye know?"
nothing

Johan

Maccabeus smiled up at his companion and said, "I can do but a little tonight, but..." He trailed off and dug about in his small sack, presenting a small ring of thistle in short order.

"Here, kneel if you can so that I can reach that wound behind your arm." Maccabeus pressed the thistle ring to the wound and murmured in a foreign language. *cough* Cure Minor Wounds *cough*

"That's the best that I can do for you tonight, I'm afraid." He apologized. "I'm not called upon often for such needs, although I get the sense that in the future we might need it more and more. I'll have to beseech Istisha for this strength." Maccabeus stored his thistle back in its sack.

"Where are you off to now?" He asked. "I was just on my way to visit Ashe to see if he had a need of any help."

fraz

"Well, if Ashe had 'is way 'e'd have half th' Protect'rate slumberin' away... I'll no' be caught nappin' with th' others if'n there be another attack commin'!"

"I don' know what more ye can do fer me tha' Ashe hasn't tried... but yer welcome ta try it if'n ye like..."
nothing

Johan

"We worked closely together." Maccabeus answered. "He was removing the teeth from the unnatural carrion eaters and destroying them. Apparently, that's how new carrion eaters become created. He's an interesting fellow."

Maccabeus noted Maal's stiffness. "I'm surprised the Ashe wasn't able to help you more." He siad. "I do have a small mastery of Mahiya's strength. Would you like a mote of restoration? If you like, I'd be able to do more in the morning, but I'd need to beg Mahiya for the wisdom to do it. Still, as I said, I can do a little now and more in the morning, if you'd like."