- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The First Lesson

Started by Wildfire, January 14, 2008, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe was impressed by her need to protect those around her. It was the mark of a good soul.

Ashe said, "The opened eye is better no matter what it sees, Kit. I very much appreciate your need to protect those around you. It's a sign of strength. Tell me what you feel I need to know and then we can continue on with things. Sometimes talking about things can help dull the pain of it."

The two of them turned right and before them lay a decently steep hill with a path riding its' back up to the cliff.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

"If you are to be my Grandfather you will...need to know all of it." Kit said looking down at her fidgeting hands while she walked.

"You have already seen me at my worst, and have seen more of me physically and emotionally than anyone." Kit said to the ground, a bit embarrassed at the memory but at the same time discovering the truism behind the very words that she spoke. He had seen her through an absolute nightmare in every aspect one could take.

"I have need to tell you everything. If I do it will protect us," she said and paused.

Her decision had already been made, but she had difficulty in speaking the words. Finally, they came from her mind and sounded convincing as she uttered, "I will be making my last stand here in Threshold. I will no longer run."

Ashe simply nodded as they walked.

"But if I am to give you my story, we will need to find someplace quiet. I have a focused mind and it is full of a lot of detail. Since I have also been told that I am long winded...I fear we made need someplace with food, water and a pillow to sit upon." Kit smiled at Ashe.

She was a lot less timid in telling him than she had been with the Protecterate, that night after dinner at the stump. Perhaps it was truly because he was not closer to her then most.

Wildfire

Kit and Ashe continued up the steepened hill. At the top Kit could see The Temple of Open Skies. From her angle the tops of the rough hewn columns could be seen. There was no lintel stretching from column to column as she had seen on other buildings. Kit could feel the tickle of a breeze flowing down from the sacred place. Carried with the breeze was the scent of feyberries and it reminded Kit of the tasty jam that seemed to be a favorite food of this town.

Ashe nodded and said, "Someplace quiet. That's where I had intended us to go." Ashe pointed to the grove of brilliant golden trees. "In the grove of trees lives a faerie of peculiar power. I visit her quite often. Her name is Whisper and she's unlike anyone you've ever met before. She is the guardian of the grove so be careful to tread softly."

Ashe had spent many hours of many days speaking with Whisper. She was a trusted friend and confidant. It was Ashe that had convinced the faerie to allow the folks of Threshold to collect the fallen leaves to ornament their various crafts. Whisper had been in this grove for centuries as its guardian and Ashe admired her wisdom and devotion to it.

As the two reached the top of the hill Kit could see the temple in all of its glory. It was a rectangular shape and rough columns went around the perimeter. In the middle was a round, walled well. There were carvings of many runes and symbols on the well wall. They were runes that Kit had no comprehension of. Spiraling up from the well was a misty vortex. It vaulted to heights as tall as three humans and whistled ghostly dirges and cast breezes of Sythus air. This was the temple to air and wind, Akadi. Despite the fact that there were no priests of Akadi, the magic of this place did not waver.

Ashe put his hands on Kit's shoulders and turned her around. The sight before her was breathtaking. She could see cradle of Threshold in its full beauty. She took in the sights of the Fogveil, the islands, the Statue of Havigaard, The Spike of Fire, the doors to The Hiddenmount, The Circle of All. She could even see the roof of the Thornhedge. It made her realize how glad she was to be alive. All of her cares and woes melted away and she briefly forgot who she was. All she knew was that she was so happy to see Mahiya as proud as it had ever been.

As she was admiring the view before her, Kossuth crested the east wall bathing her in its light. The sparkle of the goldleaf trees cast soft gold hues upon her. At last, her spirit could no longer comprehend the majestic beauty of her surroundings and she let a tear slip from her eye.
Wildfire

Dray

"This place truly is blessed Grandfather," Kit said in a choked whisper.

The two of them didn't speak again for a long while. Kit, with her hands in the pockets of her breeches walked lightly around the area, taking every vantage point to not only look upon the town below, but to stare in wonder at the temple at her feet.

Ashe watched Kit take it all in, and could almost see her worries flow from her and dissipate in the warm breeze. He knew the power of this place, and once again it served him well. The tranquility eased the mind of his charge and he thanked Mahiya for it.

Kit walked over to a grassy spot on the ground, just outside the temple and sat with her legs folded in front of her. Ashe took the queue and sat down beside her.

"My tale is dark, foreboding and vile. It is an infliction one of violence, suffering and perversion. Before I tell this tale, I need to know that I will not defile the sanctity of such a beautiful place." Kit spoke very calmly, although her eyes were wet with the familiar tears.

Wildfire

Ashe, staring out beyond, said, "Mahiya is beautiful and ugly, sinister and benign, prosperous and depleting, It is what we would perceive as opposite of itself all at once. Yet these are all illusions of thought. With sorrow there is also happiness. It is what it is. As the gentle vortex in the temple gives us a soft breeze so can wind destroy that which we hold dear. There is no good or evil in this place. There is only Mahiya and it's children."

Ashe looked at Kit and said, "The only defilement here are the ones in your heart...and mine."

"Tell me of your life, Kit" Ashe said.
Wildfire

Johan

But dear lord, make it the Reader's Digest version!
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

(Yeah I know right? At this point I[/i] am tired of hearing her sob story!)

Wildfire

Into every drama a little humor must fall....

Dray, if you decide to debbreviate from what we have written let me know
Wildfire

Dray

debbreviate? Ok...now you are just making up words.

Kit took a deep breathe and let out a heavy sigh. She almost started then looked away, she gave him a hesitant smile in apology and then almost started again and again stopped. Finally she just stared off at the beautiful horizon and many minutes passed as she lost herself in it.

For his part, Ashe allowed her to lose herself in the serenity, to steal it's calm and make it hers. It's why he took her here.

Without a break in her gaze she said, "wind in time rapes the flower trembling on the vine," she whispered.

Johan

But it's really a great word!
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Deviate + Abbreviate = Debbreviate

And it's my language and I can use it any way I want...neener neener neeeeener
Wildfire

Dray

Could you post while your butchering the English language Sparky?

Wildfire

Oh...yeah...I forgot...hehe...
Wildfire

Wildfire

"But the flower still grows at the breaking of Venric and at the birth of Sythus." Ashe replied. "It continues on to bloom year after year. Some bushes when they have their flowers cut off will grow more flowers the next year. They get stronger regardless of the damage done to them in the past."
Wildfire

Dray

"Am I mere shrubbery to you Grandfather?" Kit gave him a playful smile.