- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Dinner at the Stump

Started by Dray, May 12, 2005, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Garret comes out from behind the bar holding three large mugs of frothing ale. The mugs seem almost too big for his little hands but he somehow manages to bring them over. He approaches the table and steps upon the stool and hands each of you your mugs of ale. "Here you go! Sorry about the wait. With the increase of people coming in I didn't expect to empty the barrel so quickly. So, some of the servers and I had to go below and fetch another barrel." As he mentions the traffic in the tavern it suddenly dawns on you that the place is fuller than you you're used to.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

OOC: I have edited the first post to read the date of this little dinner party, May 4th 237 VY. I have coordinated this date with Wildfire.

IC: "I have no idea what else might be down there. I sure hope that there isn't anything tougher than what we have fought so far." Kit said. Trying not to stare at Maal's teeth, she sipped her milk.

Griznuq

Laren shudders somewhat dramatically. "Those things were GUH-Ross!!"

"I wonder what else they have down there?? Any clue what sort of company those things keep??"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit almost missed what Laren was saying. She was worried that a full group may not arrive. After all, Jarmock didn't have a room at the inn and was therefore difficult to contact. The new northerner was missing again, most likely lost in town, not able to remember where the inn was. And Ragnar was not in his room this morning. She had knocked and knocked on his door to no avail. She wondered if he was in some sort of trouble?

Kit broke from her concern, realizing that Laren, Paladine bless him, had picked up on her intention to keep Maal distracted until the drink arrived.

Breaking from her worry she said, "Yeah, we really ought to explore that place further. What do you think Maal?"

Johan

OOC: Pardon me, just thought y'all should know that Himo has very restricted compluter time during the week (especially this one). He will not likely have the opportunity to see this thread for a long time.

As you were...
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

"PFFFFF YEAH! Where did they come from anyway??" Laren realized that Kit was trying to derail Maal, and tried to help with the ruse.

"You know, I have a hard time believing that they just strolled into Threshold and took up residence down there... That means that cave must lead to something more undreground."

In his intentional ramblings, Laren realized that this thought was a very valid one. "Gee, I wonder how deep that cave DOES go?" Laren wondered alloud in a suddenly concerned voice.
=]V[=

Dray

"Well, I really wanted to discuss a few things," said Kit still too intimidated by Maal's glare to look up.

She continued, as her fingers played with the handle of the mug, "but I was hoping I could talk to everyone at once. So we can get all opinions on the table."

She winced as she saw the kitchen door open as Garret almost came in. He had his head turned, talking to someone in the kitchen. Half-way through the door, he spun around and went back into the kitchen.

Kit looked at Maal.

"So. How about those troglow...dites, is that how you say it?" she asked Laren, trying to distract Maal from her thirst.

Dray

Kit looks back and forth from Maal and Laren.

"Well, Ragnor and our new northern friend should have gotten word. As I had told Julius earlier today about this little meeting. Hopefully between that and my little notes they got word. I spoke to Jarmock yesterday morning as well, so he too should be coming." Kit said.

Upon Maal's gaze she uncomfortably looked back at her milk.

Griznuq

"I'm not drinking anymore" Laren said again. "And I'm not drinking any less either!"

"So uh," Laren goes on, seeming not to even think his own joke was worth listening to. "Where are the others, any idea? I haven't seen anyone else since yesterday."
=]V[=

Griznuq

Laren pounds his fist on the table softly and says "You know what? I've just decided I'm not going to drink anymore!"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit, taken aback by Maal, flushes and stares at her milk.

Griznuq

Laren relaxes a little bit. "Indeed," He says emptying his glass. "Two is my limit though." Laren motions to Garret. "Two more please!" Laren giggles to himself.
=]V[=

Griznuq

Laren's face goes pale like a child just caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Uh, H-Hiya Maal." Laren smiles widely. "Beautiful night we're having, no?"
=]V[=

Griznuq

Laren turns from Garret and sees Kit at the table alone. A local teen boy sits down at the table across from Kit.

Laren gets up from the bar and heads over to the table. He climbs up onto a chair next to the boy. "Hi darlin, I got the note you left for me this morning." Laren sits, swinging his legs. "Will you be joining us for a meal tonight? They make this cow's brian stew that is just to die for! You should probably just try a little of course, in case you don't like it. I've seen some people not like it, and let me tell you, it aint pretty. I suppose it doesn't help much that what comes up from them looks just like the stew."

Laren watches the boy, a little queezy get up and leave the table. With a sly wink at Kit, Laren tilts his drink back.

"What's on your mind lass?"
=]V[=