- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The First Lesson

Started by Wildfire, January 14, 2008, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe furrowed his brow at Kit's apparent reluctance. "Why...yes...sort of. I'll teach you herbalism among other things. Which I would guess involves alchemy. It's not the creation of arcane potions if that's what you're thinking?" Ashe said questioningly. "Why? Does that spook you?"

Although Ashe had been inside her mind he went only so far as to save her. Out of respect he didn't probe around. So he did not understand her reticence. There is a certain amount of regard that is associated with entering someone's psyche and privacy was one of the things that should be minded. However, not everyone felt bound to those discretions.

A large growl rumbled from Ashe's belly and he couldn't help but smirk. "You hear how hungry I am? Come, let's discuss this over some chicken eggs and toasted bread...maybe some meats. Keltan will have opened the kitchen by now to prepare."

Outside, the sky, the essence of Akadi, was starting to lighten. Kossuth would soon breach the east mountain wall.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

Kit looked down and criticized her attire. The nightshirt she had thrown on as an afterthought the night before was a day past due seeing the wash. She had dramatically cleaned her room, but only a handful of clothes had been caught up in the event.

And she hadn't bothered to bathe after sweating in exurtion all day. She had never looked so disheveled and didn't smell that friendly. The gaze she gave Ashe was in quick embarrassment.

"You're not going to take no for an answer are you sir?" she asked, the words losing their hope before she could finish the question. Her eyes also surrendered before he could even answer, and she held the entangling sheets fast as she bit her lip nervously.

Wildfire

"You've got that right." Ashe said. "But if you must wake up with a morning wash I suppose that I can't refuse that. When you come downstairs your breakfast will be waiting. What would you like to eat?"
Wildfire

Dray

Kit had been denying herself ample food since her ordeal, somehow that seemed foolish now that she had spoken to Ashe. Her recovery demanded a great deal of energy and at the mention of food her stomach growled in rebellion.

Ashe turned to walk out the door and just before he exited he said, "And no sneaking off. I can hear your footsteps any where you walk in this building...even if you should jump through the window. By the way, don't forget to bring your crystal." With that Ashe closed the door and went downstairs leaving Kit to do as she would.

Walking down the stairs Ashe chuckled to himself and thought, "Ashe, you're such a liar! Hear her anywhere in the building...heh!"

"Pancakes!" she yelled through the door.

Dray

Kit quickly picked out the most boring outfit she could find, she wanted no attention called upon her today. She was a freak and she feared the stares she would receive.

She picked up some clothes and made her way to the common bath to get some water to clean with.

Wildfire

Whoops...

Ashe entered the common room. It was still early and no one had emerged from their rooms yet. Nevertheless, Keltan was preparing for the morning feast. While carrying a platter of mugs to the bar, Keltan passed by Ashe without so much as noticing him. Ashe crept up behind him as he was reaching the bar and said, "Keltan?"

Keltan screamed like a little girl and flipped the mugs into the air spilling them to the ground with a wood sounding clatter. He turned around grabbing his chest. Half winded, he spewed, "Ashe...don't you EVER do that again!! You scared the goblins out of me!"

Ashe laughed as he hadn't in weeks. "Oh Keltan, life's too short to take too seriously. After what I've been through the last few days I'll enjoy a good laugh at your expense!"

Ashe sat at the bar and watched Keltan pick up the scrambled mugs. As Keltan picked up the mugs he asked, "So, how is she doing? She hasn't come down at all since she went in there."

Ashe replied, "She'll be alright. She's still a bit tender. Her room looks nice though. I hear it was quite a wreck...writing on the wall and such. You'd never know to look at it."

"Just as long as she's okay. Honestly, I wasn't worried about the room. After all, she already blew a window out of it! I'm mostly concerned for her." Keltan said. "So, I assume that she's coming down to have breakfast with you? If that's the case, what'll you have?"

"I've been thinking of nothing but a big plate of eggs and a loaf of warm bread. Kit wants pancakes. Make sure you give her the bronzewood sap...and some feyberry jam...and butter...and some milk...and...and that's it." Ashe said.

"Very good. By the way, what happened to your house?" Keltan asked.

"Ahh, I mixed the wrong herbs." Ashe replied.

Keltan winked and nodded and went into the kitchen to make the morning feast.
Wildfire

Dray

Keltan put down Ashe's plate of eggs in front of him, along with a loaf of honeysuckle bread on a wooden cutting board and a new jar of feyberry jam.

"I will wait on the lass's grand entrance, girl is incapable of spending two hands each morning making herself pretty. Don't want to cook her cakes and have them go..." Keltan was interrupted by Kit's footsteps at the bottom of the stairs.

Kit reached the bottom step and looked around hesitantly.  She wore simple soft brown leather breeches that although form fitting, were the most practical thing Ashe had ever seen her in. In lieu of her usual leather halter that left the men of Threshold stunned, she wore a loose and very large white peasant shirt that left nothing of her top bare and almost reached her mid-thigh with its bottom seam.

Instead of leather boots with a high heel she wore simple soft leather slip-overs. Her long blonde hair had been washed but simply left straight behind her back and although her face had been scrubbed clean it had not visited the grooming kit.

Kit was cleaned, but not polished.

"...I have been wrong before." Keltan said as he took one last look at the girl and retreated to the kitchen.

She stood at the bottom step with her arms folded across her tummy, looking to be uncertain in advancing any further.

"It's okay," Ashe said, "no one will be here for at least another half-hand." He motioned her to the table to a seat adjacent him.

Kit looked at him, looked at the floor for a moment while shifting her foot around, then reluctantly walked over to the seat and planted herself unceremoniously next to him.

"I don't want to see them all today," she said in a quiet sulking voice.

Wildfire

"And who would 'all' be? Your friends?" Ashe asked. He noted her tone but didn't address it. While he was not one to endure attitude from one so young he thought it would be best to afford her some space considering her confusion of everything.

"Keltan will be bringing out your stack of pancakes shortly." Ashe didn't expect an answer from her. He wasn't concerned about an answer. She was going to live her life and Ashe was going to be one of many that would be part of that. He didn't put himself through all that trouble so that she could waste away in her room. He knew that at some point she would appreciate his sternness.

Ashe sat there with his arms folded casually looking around. His steaming plate of food was in front of him but he hadn't taken a bite. His belly continued to roar. "Your clothes look comfortable." He said.    
Wildfire

Dray

Kit sat and sulked, making no movement or acknowledgement that he spoke. Moments went bye as the plate of eggs steamed and Ashe made no indication of eating.

Finally, Kit couldn't take the tension, "Are you mad at me?" she asked, sinking in her chair as if expecting a verbal backlash.

Wildfire

Ashe blinked and said, "No. Why would you think that?"
Wildfire

Dray

Kit fidgeted with her hands in her lap.

"Because you are so......I don't know." Kit fumbled.

Ashe knew she was intimidated by his slightly demanding attitude. She didn't seem to be used to the men in her life giving her direction.

Wildfire

"I'm so what?" he asked with great curiosity. Ashe wanted to make her put her thoughts to words. That was one of the baby steps of her progression to directing her power. If she could focus her thoughts to words it was just another step to focusing her thought to form and then action.

"Don't worry about offending me. Since I'm not angry with you there's nothing to fear." Ashe had sensed an ocean of fear while he was in her mind. However, she had nothing to fear from him and she had to realize this fact. "So, what am I?"

Ashe's breakfast plate continued to steam and his belly continued to rumble.
Wildfire

Dray

Kit looked back and forth from him to his plate of eggs.

With the smallest of voices she said, "You can eat. You don't have to wait on my account Sir."

Ashe gave her a look that gently asked an answer to his question.

"You just seem angry is all...and a bit bossy," she said reluctantly.

"All he wants to do is get you back in the lab!" Jordan whispered in her mind, as if Ashe may overhear.

Kit instinctively covered the mound in her left pocket with her hand.

Wildfire

Ashe chuckled, "Good. You told me what was on your mind. Now, I'm waiting for your pancakes to arrive as polite courtesy to you...it's a sign of respect. And yes, I'm being bossy. It may not be what you want or like but it's what you need. One day when you're a parent you'll understand."

Keltan arrived with a stack of huge pancakes as tall as the Spike of Fire it seemed! With it he brought a bowl of butter and a glass pitcher of the darkest syrup Kit had ever seen. The smell of the cakes made Kit all the hungrier and her belly rumbled in reflex.

"But now, we eat." Ashe said.
Wildfire

Dray

Kit looked hesitantly upon Kelten's gentle face, 'he should be extremely irate with me' she thought. But upon seeing his warm smile and eyes that spoke nothing but of concern for her, she smiled back at him.

"All the gold in Threshold would pale in comparison next to these cakes, Kelten," She said as she picked up a knife and started lathering the butter upon them. Kit couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, and do a happy little bounce from side to side in her seat.