- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kit's Life

Started by Dray, March 19, 2006, 12:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe looked over as he was gathering his things and sternly says, "Jarmok, open her mouth to help her breathe correctly. Her face seems to going blue as Akadi! Laren, start putting the salve on the wound. I just need to prepare one last thing and I'll be with you!" Ashe mutters to himself, "C,mon girl...hold on for just a little bit."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

OOC Saw it differently in my head, corrected as noted. Thanks.

Johan

Jarmok loosened his grip, lest that be the source of her suffocation. "Kit breath!" He yelled. "Ashe! Kit not breath! Help!" He continued to hold her, feeling much like a bull trying to protectively hold a cracked egg.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

OOC Note: Laren is not flustered. He's cool as a cucumber.
=]V[=

Dray

Kit appeared not to hear the soothing words of Laren, nor the rhythmic hum of Jarmok. Her ragged breathing was soon completely interrupted by the muscles seeking escape from the pain of the wound. Jarmok soon realized the girl he held to his chest was suffocating, her eyes wide, her extremities turning blue.

Griznuq

Laren spoke loudly to try to get Kit's Attention. "Kit, I saw that little boy you pulled from the lake today. Peter right? Yeah, it was Peter, I think. He's getting big! It's only been a short while, but you can see him growing irhgt before your eyes! It's a good thing you were there to help him! I know his mother was greatful!"

Laren watched for a change in expression.
=]V[=

Johan

Keep talking to her?!? Jarmok scanned his mind for what one might say under such a circumstance.

bbpboobpoafjkdsljle....

"Kit?" He ventured. "Is Jarmok, Kit. Kit never said about house. Kit want house?" He felt a fool as he spoke. He was as useless as he had ever been. He held her head to his chest, all but climbing into her bed as he did so, and began to hum. The only melody that came to his mind was the one that Maccabeus and Ashe had introduced him to while they had planted the Vallenwood. For some reason, that guttural language had caught at his soul, and the rather elemental rhythm that they had sang to spoke to him. He rumbled that rhythm now, hoping that it would translate through his chest and into Kit's mind, to lend her an anchor.

Her blood flowed upon him and on down towards the floor, but Jarmok had never been bothered by blood. He held her tight and droned to her, repeating a few of the sounds that Maccabeus and Ashe had used during their song. He didn't understand the words, but that didn't matter in the least.

Wildfire

Ashe immediately flew into action. "Keep talking to her Jarmok but hold her still. If she thrashes about it could do further damage to her back."

Ashe starts to gather up some of his concoctions and says, "Laren, go put some of those torn cloths onto her back. Here..."Ashe hands him one of the jars with a greasy cream in it "put this on the splitting wound first, then put the cloth on it. I'll be over in just a minute."
Wildfire

Johan

Jarmok sprang up from where he had been sitting beside Kit's bed and wrapped her head in his arms, hugging her tightly and trying to lend support. "Ashe?" He called out. "What do?" There was an anxious urgency to the outlander's voice.

Dray

While Ashe worked, an additional hand of time slowly went bye while Kit lay unaware. But as the hand passed her breathing became more and more rapid, alarming Jarmok. He motioned to Ashe, bidding him to return to the bedside, but Ashe simply nodded in understanding and returned to his work with Laren.

As Jarmok looked on, Kit's eyes flew open and stared intently into his own. She made no other movements but her breathing continued to accelerate. Then, it happened.

Within Kit's eyes Jarmok observed a flashing band of blue light cross before the iris from left to right, and before Jarmok could cry out a warning the blister on her back visibly swelled and partially burst.

Screaming, she pulled her upper arms in and, with the support of her elbows, raised her head off the mattress. Her hair was matted with sweat against the right side of her face. Her fingers splayed wildly over the mattress sheet as a slow reeling convulsion made its way from the wound and up through her upper back. As she grabbed the mattress sheet with both clenched fists she coughed and choked against the tightening muscles in her chest, which were rebelling against the damage of the spinal column.

Cloths slipped off of her everywhere, leaving her chest slightly exposed as her slight frame recoiled above the bed with each cough. Beads and rivulets of sweat formed about her entire body.

But what drew the immediate attention of all three men was the blister. For it had partially burst. Blood was now gushing forth from three distinct rips at the top of it, soaking the mattress and lower undergarment before dripping on the floor at both sides of the bed.

Wildfire

"Put it away for now. It'll only distract me and that doesn't help Kit at all. Now, this is what we need to do..."

Ashe and Laren soon went to work with the herbs. Laren listend intently on Ashe's direction and Ashe was patient to answer any of Laren's questions. Jarmok paid strict attention to Kit making sure she was given water frequently. He had half listend to Ashe's explainations and directions on herbal medicine but had lost track since his attention was focused on Kit. The three were now awake in the early morning hours.

Ashe looks up from his work table and says, "Great Grandtree...I need some air. Anybody else? We'll stay outside the door in case anything happens. A big breath of night air will do good."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren bobbed his head at both the apology and the question.

"Did you want to look at the stone, or should I put that pouch back on my hip?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe's faces lights up, "That's a good idea, Laren." Ashe hands Jarmok one of the rags that had been recently torn up from a bed sheet. "If she wakes up then see if she'll drink from the straw."

Ashe walks to Laren and says, "If I seemed cross with you earlier I apologize. It's not you I'm angered with...not in the least. Now, we have some work ahead of us...are you ready?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Hurng." Jarmok slipped the reed into the drink and placed the other end into Kit's listless mouth. "Drink." He ordered. She didn't move, but he kept the reed there and periodically encouraged her to sip.

Griznuq

"We used to give the sick a wet rag to chew on back home," Laren said only half paying attention. "The liquid pulls itself through the fibers and they subconsuiously swallow."
=]V[=