- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.22.2132 – Interview in Utopia.

Started by Dray, April 05, 2008, 09:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Temmit tried hard to poorly emulate the little girl's sculpting. She would likely be more at ease if he were inept.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

The girl finished the two arms, doing a fairly decent job, and turned to Temmit's snowman and giggled.

"It's like you have never built a snowman before!" she said and laughed some more.

Johan

"I never have." Temmit admitted. "It looks like you've made dozens every year. What are you...a sculptor that looks like a kid?"

Dray

The girl continued to laugh, a natural state for the happy little thing Temmit surmised.

"Name is Sally Maiden, Age 9, and I am definitely not a sculptor. My mom is all bent that I can't follow in her footsteps, as I don't like art at all. I want to go into Harvesters and work on a farm!" she said.

Johan

"And one leads to laughter." Smokey said, echoeing his own thoughts.

"Well, Sally, my name is Temmit." He responded. "And Safe Haven needs as many Harvesters as Artists."

Dray

"Hello Temmit."

"I hope so. My mother doesn't want me to be a lowly farmer, thinking it beneath me, but I am going to prove her wrong. Anyone can be what they want to be, even if your wealthy doesn't mean you can't love the earth and the bounty it provides," she said maturely.

She then looked around.

"Of course, it's a bit cold right now." She said and winked at him.

Johan

Temmit and Smokey both perked up a bit at that last comment. "You don't like the cold?"

Dray

She laughed again. "I don't mind it so much, you just can't grow anything out here right now is all I meant."

"Do you live around here? What brings an older boy out in front of my house to build snowmen?"

Johan

Temmit shrugged. "I was out walking with a couple of friends when I realized that they were duping me into going shopping. I figured this would be better than shopping. Let them carry their own purchases, you know?"

He looked around the area. "So this is your house, huh? Nice to be rich?" He spent an inordinate amount of time surveying the grounds. "I'll bet you even have a spiffy cottage on the lake."

Dray

"Oh my what a good guess! Do all rich people have one? I never noticed." she said with a bit of ignorance.

"No, we did, but it burnt down a short time ago."

Johan

Time to pop the ol' focus and use EMPATHY...

Temmit grimmaced at that. "Oh, I'm sorry for that." He said. "I do hope no one was hurt."

Dray

"Nope, no one was in the house at the time, although my Dad was all mad because it destroyed his sailboat too," she lied. Temmit could immediate see that she didn't want to reveal that she was in the fire.

Johan

One assumes that she gets nervous?

"Well, that's a reliefe." Temmit said. "Still, one wonders how a fire might start in a place where there were no people."

Dray

With the last comment the small girl went from nervous to scared.

She said with a lot of stuttering. "Oh well, it was a just a um...erm, a coal in the fireplace sparked and got onto a bear-skin throw rug beside the hearth and caught flame. Yeah, that was all."

Johan

Temmit regarded the girl for a moment, then laughed. "Well, that's not likely!" He said, laughing. "It remains that if there was no one there, there would be no fire in the fireplace!"

He could tell that the girl was getting skitterish, and her emotions really told him what he needed to know: Sally was indeed in that house when it burned down, and her family wanted her to keep it a secret. He further deduced that this was indeed because her survival was a mystery.

"Time to make her more comfortable, or else she'll run." Smokey said. Temmit quite agreed.

"I love mysteries." He said simply. "Like, how you can make such a great snowman. Are you able to make one that might fall apart when hit by snowballs?" He hoped that she would be relieved to have the subject change, and that she might stick around long enough for Renee and Emma to return. He cast about, wondering where they  might be.