- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

We need to work together in Threshold

Started by Blackspear, February 13, 2006, 02:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

Whether we go into the fort or simply go back to Threshold, we need to work together.   We are so banged up right now and with little resources, that we must stick together.   Sending half the party back to Threshold while the other half explores the fort  is a mistake.   Both groups are very weak and in serious danger of being overcome in a battle.   When I originally posted asking you guys to consider exploring the fort,  I assumed it would be all of us together.   We are not strong enough to divide this way and survive.  ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL?
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Hang on guys you've leftme behind i haven't been able to get to a computer in a week so im really far behind. First and only thing ragnor wasn't unconsious so i made a check and i roled 13 and got a modified 18.

Griznuq

I have been BIG into the ICDs in the past... Lately it's been very very difficult to keep up with.
=]V[=

Phineas

Quote from: red:268069e4dcthis[/color]
The Weary Road Home[/i] is the first thread that I've made an effort to keep reading.  Of course, now I'm SUCKED IN reading the ICDs, damn it.

Griznuq

I really must apologize for my absence of late... Things in the IT department are crazy... There's a lot of work to be done, a lot of work not getting done, and a lot of finger pointing going on here. I've been in "Cover your ass" mode for about a month... and it's getting difficult...

Therefore, I chose to role play Laren in a way that I maybe wouldn't have otherwise. Since he heard that one of those dog-thingies exploded, he's been a little bit distant and doing a lot of mumbling to himself.

Just to show you how far behind I am, take a look at [color=red:b38d8a2f18]this[/color]. It's a screen shot of my unread posts as of right now... (Wednesday morning at 10:30ish.)
=]V[=

Phineas

As mentioned in the ICD thread, Sayer suggests moving the stay-behinders to the treeline north of the ruins.

fraz

Maal is in, of course.

So, we'll be covering this during the next session, yes?
nothing

Wildfire

Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Quote from: DrayKit needs to go and will go by herself if need be, of a dear friends' daughter is down there.

I've already noted that Jarmok will be going, alone if need be.

Kit and Jarmok are in...
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

I wrote it... I don't know how his post and my reply got married but they did. The above (and now edited for clarity) confusion is our child...AWWWW! It's so cute!
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Phineas

Quote from: JohanJarmok if you want to look for evidence of abnormal splash marks then make a Spot check and send me the result in a PM or email...I have the DC in my head.
Who wrote this, please?  It's showing up as Johan as the author on my browser.

Dray

Kit got a modified 10 (bad roll) on the listen check, if WF thinks she heard anything.

There are a few variables here, lets eliminate them so our course of action is more comfortable for us.

Kit has 4 power points left, her Attraction ability only costs 1, so basically, we could "question" each councilor with what is technically a charm person spell.

Here's the key though, we ask them to willingly participate, if they don't, then we can be suspect of them. After all, we did just save their lives, they should trust us. This is something that can be done in ICD rather easily.

In regards to the situation at hand, both Player and Character Kit agree, going down now is the best course of action. For it is unlikely thefishcook and any minions left are going to get any weaker if we wait.

Kit needs to go and will go by herself if need be, of a dear friends' daughter is down there.

Also note that the two healing potions that Laren gave the priests are still available, they are cure serious wounds 3d8+3 that can be divyed (spelling?) up into three draughts (1d8+1).

Blackspear

If he belly flopped or cannon balled somehow,  people in threshold would have heard him.   that is not a quiet maneuver.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Johan

[color=red:2cef8c6f37]How did Johan's post and my reply get spliced together?
--WF--[/color]

Quote from: BlackspearI was wondering though, was it possible for the fishcook to climb down the cliff and into the cave like a spider?  If he did he wouldn't leave any tracks on the beach.   Did we see him jump over the cliff or run down it?  Could he reasonably have made it into the water from the cliff or would he have to hit the becah, because he couldn't jump far enough?
Wildfire's response:[/color][color=darkred:2cef8c6f37]Okay, good questions all.

The area below the cliff is rocky but it's a smooth rocky not a 'rocky' (boulders, stones, things like that) rocky. It looks as if it has been smoothed out by water erosion.

Now, based on my memory only a few would have been in decent proximity to have really even heard a splash (or the DC for it would be so ridiculously unreachable that it wouldn't matter what you rolled for a Listen check). Kit, Ragnar, and Sayer. Maal and Jarmok were unconcious, Dale was fighting on the ramparts on the main building, Laren was picking the manacles of the councilers locks. If I'm wrong in this then please refresh my memory. If I'm not then Kit, Ragnar, and Sayer can make an honest "after the fact" Listen check (I have the DC for each PC in my head. So, send me a private message or email telling me what you got) to determine if they heard anything.

Jarmok if you want to look for evidence of abnormal splash marks then make a Spot check and send me the result in a PM or email...I have the DC in my head.

Fair enough? Did I forget anything?[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Blackspear

Thanks for clarifying your position Johan.   I as a player now understand what you and Jarmok are saying.   I mostly agree with it too.   Except that as Fraz wrote I think we're in for a fight if we go below.   Wherever the priests are, there will also be the dark priest and his minions.   If Vervishkuk isn't in the fort I say we go back to Threshold without exploring the fort, because we can't take on a Priest of Takhisis right now.  

I was wondering though, was it possible for the fishcook to climb down the cliff and into the cave like a spider?  If he did he wouldn't leave any tracks on the beach.   Did we see him jump over the cliff or run down it?  Could he reasonably have made it into the water from the cliff or would he have to hit the becah, because he couldn't jump far enough?
Blackspear