- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

07.15.2127 - Auvyndyr Trial

Started by Dray, May 07, 2008, 10:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Shannon shared the girls' sentiment. She listened for the heavy footsteps of the beast but was satisfied that none were approaching. "I hope so too. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for something I did. After all, if he's willing to bully someone who hasn't done anything wrong then I'm sure he'll do it again." she reasoned.

"So..." she started looking to ease the tension "..so...how long have you been in here...um...what was your name? I'm sorry if I missed it." Shannon knew she hadn't answered the question before most likely because of fear she had from the outburst. She wanted to make friends in this child's prison and would find it difficult without knowing people's names. She hoped she would tell her.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

"Jena Mistone, Age 10, Actors House," the girl replied. She put the sheet down into her lap, but remaining sitting in the back corner of the bed with her knees drawn up to her face.

"What's yours?"

Wildfire

A smile came across Shannon's face. Jena was in the Actors House and the same age just as she was. At the very least, they had something in common.

"Oh, my name is Shannon...Shannon Auvryndyr. I'm also 10 and in the Actors House. Though I do art work...not acting." she replied enthusiastically. "What's your area of study?"

Shannon didn't recall seeing this girl in any of her classes in the past year but she may have not been looking either.
Wildfire

Dray

"Acting...actually. I am starring in a play called Servant Girl of Easthaven[/i] on the Nottingham Hall stage this summer," the girl said simply.

Shannon was caught completely by surprise. For a girl as young as her to be acting on the main stage of all of Safe-Haven was impressive, but this girl was an orphan to boot.

Wildfire

The prestige involved in performing on the renowned stage was extraordinary. Excitedly Shannon said, "WOW! That's great! Do you know what part you'll playing? How did you get the role...I mean, they don't just hand them out to anyone."

After her first year in the Actor's House, she had gotten the impression that one day she would be painting the sets for the plays. It seemed a little unfair to Shannon that it was called the Actor's House since there were so many arts beyond acting that people appreciated though perhaps not as much as plays. Many of the plays were historical references to Kaine and the mighty struggle and if the plays were done right, people were allowed to lose themselves in a piece of history come alive.

Regardless of people's admiration of one art form over another, Shannon enjoyed hers and greatly admired all of the others. Jena was obviously very talented in her art and that certainly caught Shannon's attention.
Wildfire

Dray

Jena smiled at her.

"I am the[/i] servant girl of Easthaven," she said proudly.

Wildfire

"Great Kaine! That's amazing!" Shannon was truly impressed. This girl had landed the lead role in a play to be performed in the summer acting series. "I'm honored to have met an artist as yourself" she said with a bow.

"So...how did you get the role? Is it assigned, did you audition?" she wondered. "What's more, how do you remember all those lines of text? I would never be able to do that...that's a lot to memorize. I remember what I see though so suppose I it's not too much different that way."
Wildfire

Dray

Jena smiled back at the other girl's antics.

She shrugged her shoulder in reply to Shannon's question about memorizing and said, "that's about the way it works with me too. I remember the written page in my head like it was right in front of my eyes. The harder part is putting the emotion into each line and not merely reading it like you're in school."

"Acting isn't tough like painting or drawing though, it's really easy in comparison. I don't know why the adults in the theater think it's so tough. You just pretend your someone else is all," she said again with another shrug of her shoulders.

Jena then did a funny thing. She threw off the sheet and stood up off the bed. Shannon was surprised to see that the girl wasn't very little indeed. She was tall in fact, just had a very lithe frame.

The girl walked over to Shannon with deliberate dramatic flare, her hands on her heart as if pained by some abhorrent news. For a click, Shannon thought she had done something wrong.

"But blur! Has mine eyes thus deceived me by trickery of light or has mine dearest Cynthia fallen ill?" Jena asked with great concern and immediately walked over to her as if Shannon would feint at any moment. "Color has flushed from thy cheeks? Or do you fail to catch breath from the torment of failure to endure against the wickedness of his overwork?"

At the end of this speech, Shannon caught on to Jena's play-acting as the girl had softly grasped the sides of her face in order to more closely examine her pale cheeks.

Shannon wish she knew her line.

Wildfire

Stumbling for words Shannon waved her hands in the air and blurted out, "But I know not of what you speak! Thy maiden's color is flush and cheeks are as the harvest! Breath that you would say be gone with the moon is but lost at such beauty in merry wonder."

Shannon laughed, "I have no idea what I just said but it sounded good to me!" She took a prideful bow and pretended that an audience was cheering. Many performances had been seen by Shannon since an early age and the words always sounded like poetry to her. Her parents had always encouraged the arts. Her father would say, 'One should enjoy the finer things while they can as they are what we live for.'

She smiled and asked, "Do you need help in practicing your lines? I could help you if you want. I think this is a lot of fun! After I could show you how to draw...that is if you have some parchment and a pencil."
Wildfire

Dray

Quote from: wildfireStumbling for words Shannon waved her hands in the air and blurted out, "But I know not of what you speak! Thy maiden's color is flush and cheeks are as the harvest! Breath that you would say be gone with the moon is but lost at such beauty in merry wonder."

Jena laughed with a bemused look on her face.

Quote from: wildfireShannon laughed, "I have no idea what I just said but it sounded good to me!"

Jena continued to giggle while nodding in agreement.

Quote from: wildfireShe smiled and asked, "Do you need help in practicing your lines? I could help you if you want. I think this is a lot of fun! After I could show you how to draw...that is if you have some parchment and a pencil."

Jena caught her laughter and quickly replied. "I am afraid I will forever be hopeless when it comes to any type of art on canvas. But I would LOVE to play theater with you!"

With that, the two abused orphans found momentary solace within each other's company. They played well into the afternoon hours, and then after dinner in an almost empty cafeteria, continued well into the evening.

Finally they fell asleep in Jena's bottom bunk in the corner of the room.

THE END

(OOC: This was all about the trial of Shannon Auvryndyr, and not her parents trial. Her parents trial will be forthcoming in a new thread. As soon as I can get some sleep and get back to it on Wednesday).

8)