- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Laren goes to see ashe

Started by Griznuq, May 09, 2005, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

This would happen after a good night's rest after the killing of the kobolds.

Laren knocks on Ashe's Door at about mid morning.
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Well Laren, we look for whatever comes our way..."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

OOC: Yeah, I remember. I thought that I had said I saw them when going to the cave...?
=]V[=

Johan

OOC: Matt, do you recall that there were, in fact, rail tracks in the cave, or are you purposefully ignoring that for this partciular conversation?
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Laren tries to push his excitability to the side and think more clearly. Think outloud he says "Now, I saw the tracks first. Then I saw crimson, and she seemed to be reaching for me. The fact that she couldn't reach me, might me that... well, I'm out of reach. I can't think of anything to suggest that she yet knows where I am from the dream, but likewise there's nothing to suggest that she doesn't."

Laren looks at Ashe to see if he could read any expression the fellow had. "I've darked your thoughts long enough for one day, I think. What exactly are we looking for out here?"

OOC: this might be a good place to leave the thread off. I've gotten the point of what I wanted to happen across. I think the herb finding can go unspoken.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe looks down at Laren and laughs from his belly. "Laren, you certainly have a wild imagination! Is she in the cave? My guess would be no...but you can never be too careful. I think this is something that's best left for you to figure out...i can't give you the answers. What I can tell you is that you should give close attention to what you see in your mind. Your vision dreams have a connection to the future." the two of them start to walk uphill towards the east ridges
Wildfire

Griznuq

Relieved that Ashe did not say anything about the slip, but sure he had heard it, Laren continues. "well, the cave was filled with Lizard men and kobolds. They were taking people prisoner. Actually we haven't finished exploring the cave, there seemed to still be a lot of it left."

Laren gasps! "You think she's IN the CAVE???" Laren's eye begins to twitch.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe looks inquisitvely at Laren and says, "Laren, mercurial means elusive. As for the tracks...well, it could be as simple as...well, did you see tracks at the cave?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren becomes less excited, but somewhat confused.

"No, I don't know any seers at all... What's mer...merc...mercurial, was it? Does that mean that maybe Crimson put those tracks th... wait, maybe it means that she's got a one-track-mind... or that she's on the right track! maybe she's TRACKING me!"

Laren pauses for a moment... "Well of course she's tracking me... I'd track me if my father did that to me too..." Laren stops talking as he realizes he just made a slip of the tongue that he probably shouldn't have. He glances sideways at Ashe to see if the man noticed.
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Wait, wait ,wait" Ashe says quickly. "Dreams are very mercurial...they can easily be misinterpreted. Many times they're symbolic. Did you ever see any of that before? If you have, it could be that you have the gift of forknowledge. As far as i know only the Seers have that inherent ability. Do you know about the Seers?", Ashe asks as they walk past Annalee's Provisions.
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Well..." Laren says as Matt tries to remember Laren's wisdom score...

"Maybe the tracks were just that I was going to see them the next day... but I didn't see crimson. Maybe if I DIDN'T go into the cave with the tracks, Crimson would have found me?"

A sudden panic attack hits Laren "That would mean she's HERE!!" Laren begins to shake, looking from side to side...
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Believe me, it's not a coincidence. It seems to me that you have a gift of sorts...a talent that was, until recently, untapped. What do you think your dreams mean?" Laren and Ashe cross over the Rosewalk and continue past the Councilhouse towards the east ridge
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Well, when I left town, my father was in trouble with a woman named Crimson."

Laren scratches a stubbly cheek. Well, the other night I saw her in my dream reaching for me."

Laren thinks for a minute... "Hey, I also saw some rails in that dream, and then I saw them over at the cave we were in... that's funny, isn't it?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

"really, that recent...and it's more real than regular dream you say? can you give me a for instance?" you walk over the Wolfsong Bridge and past the Cliffside Inn on your left where you got your lunch while crafting rat traps a few days ago.
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Oh... just shy of a month now."
=]V[=