- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Two Dwarves at Dusk

Started by Wildfire, May 25, 2005, 06:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

First Day of the New Moon: Sprouting Grass/Egg: Dusk at camp

The early spring dusk air is brisk and refreshing after the spider battle. Having made camp a few hundred yards away from the big momma spider and the green stew that was once baby spiders the troupe settles down in a small clearing and makes camp.

Folks talk amongst themselves while trying to get at least a fragment of comfort in these woods. Most of all, Valen seems right at home moving about as if he was in his living room. Belwar breaks away from the group quietly and unnoticed mostly to get away from the noise. He leans against a tree with his battle axe in his hand and stares out at the glow of a drowsy sun snuggling below the horizon.

Having noticed Belwar's more than normal grumpiness for the past few days Zurn approaches him away from the others. He sits down on a log and strectches his short arms into the air and groaning with delight as he stretches. He absently grabs a thin stick and begins poking the ground.  With a soft, quiet tone in his voice Zurn asks, "Belwar, what'sa abeen botherin' ya? The others, they amaybe concerned about yer mutterings...I know thata I am."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

DAMN IT JOHAN!!! SECRET RECIPE!!!   :evil:

Johan

Quote from: Matt"An Where in the hells is he gettin berries this time a year??"

From Himo's cat - they're dingle-berries.  8O
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

As Zurn walks away he says "They're aearly spring berries that dunna minden the cold."
Wildfire

Griznuq

"An Where in the hells is he gettin berries this time a year??"
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Belwar, i unnerstand. Ya jus'n be needin' to gripe a bit. Perhaps...we could ferment some o' them berries...let ame go check ana see if'n Valen has gotten any amore."
Wildfire

fraz

Quote from: MattBelwar lets out a sigh? then he looks out of the corner of his eye, seeing that he had the full attention of the entire group?

Arlen is about to start playing a "happy" song to lift Belwar's (and the group's) spirit... but then thinks better of it.

"Hrmmmm... Methinks I should learn some dwarven songs, perhaps."

He absently pokes at the campfire with a stick.
nothing

Griznuq

Belwar gets a little louder, ?Why?s everybody always tryna cheer everyone else up?? I dun need solutions! Dun worry ?bout me, I?ll be fine, I?m sher.

1. How are we tryin ta solve that? None of this has anything ta do with that! And I don?t even think I TOLD ye boot that??

2. I know, I know!

3. I know WHICH WAY we are goin. That dun mean I know WHERE we are going. I know the behemoth said she?d find us too, so ya don?t needa point that out. Doesn?t mean I gotta like it.

4. ?

5. We dun even know if it NEEDS curin! How do we know it?s not just something that effects Elves?? They LIVE in the forest, Nature would certainly be more angry with them than me. I spent my life until now BURNING wood.? Belwar turns to the trees, ?Ya HEAR THAT?? I?d BURN YA ALL given the chance!?

Belwar resumes his scowl

6. NO.

7. OH no, it?s too late now, I?ll carry the damn thing.

8. It?s not the stupid that would find me, it?s the leader. The Stupid is what makes the rest of the job easy for the Leader.

9. An the humans themselves said that Grona has probly just written them off!

10. YES by gum, I need a reason! I dun heal taking a bath, Why in the river?? When muh axe comes down on a head, the head does what it should do! It stops working! When ya sink inta a river, hands tied (and dun get me started on that!) and shot fulla bolts, ya dun get BETTAR! YA DIE! SO YA I wanna know what happened!

11. Who cares aboot that??? If?n I Had it my way, they?d stay here, and *I* WOULDN?T!

12. No, they?re FINE when they?re cooked. Too bad they don?t come cooked, cause then they can?t float all above yer head and drop sludge.

13. Um Not eatin no blasted spiders! They?ve all got Iron poisoning now anyway.

14. Yah? With ya on tha one. Wonder if we could ferment them berries?

15. Joggin in place? Are ya mad? Why no jus bang a gong? Send up smoke clouds that say ?hey, we?re here, come eat us??? Belwar actually chucked a bit. ?No, I was runnin outta stuff ta gripe on? and it is cold? I miss me forge.

No, I?m fine. Reall. I jus needa be angry a while. BAH! Now, see, ya gat me all thinkin an stuff.

Belwar lets out a sigh? then he looks out of the corner of his eye, seeing that he had the full attention of the entire group? he thinks moment, shoots Zurn a sly wink and says ?Ya think Ol? Nature would hava problem if I were tah practice me aim with tha throwin Axes on one ah these here trees??
=]V[=

Wildfire

"That's it? Gee, I thought it was about something chronic. Well let me offer some solutions. Hmm, let me think...okay.
1. We're atrying to solve that
2. We're agoing to see the swamp witch who we assume can ahelp us
3. Northeast to the swamp. Granted we got abit sidewinded but we?re back on track now
4. He amight actually make a good meal
5. What other choice do we have if we're to cure the Wendigo bite
6. Put some cloth up your nose
7. I'll carry the book
8. If they?re stupid, odds are they?ll not find you
9. The humans may not have given up. Rather they adon?t have the resources?except us.
10. Do you aneed a reason? Accept it and amove on.
11. Too bad?they?ve abeen here longer?n you have
12. When they?re cooked they ain?t too bad
13. There?s asome freshly butchered spider not atoo far back and they're good when cooked
14. I miss it too. After all my name is ?Darkbrew?. I grew up making beer?dark, rich, black as night beer?what I wouldn?t give for a pint. Ahh, moving on?
15. It?ll awarm up soon?if ayou want to keep awarm then you might atry jogging in place.

Ya must trust that a things won?t always be bleak. Keep the hope alive my friend. If ya lose it ya got nothing left.?
Wildfire

Wildfire

"oh, nuttin', eh? Well thena whatcha been gripin' about these last coupla days?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=