- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Hunted Hawks

Started by Dray, January 31, 2006, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

Laren gave a chuckle. "I don't think you have to worry, things only seem to blow up in Threshold! You know what I've been thinking about that? It's only in Threshold, and it's only things that pose a threat to it! I think there's definitely something magical about that town. I think the WHOLE PLACE," Laren threw his arms out wide in a dramatic circle, "Is sentient!"
=]V[=

Dray

"I am not certain, but it was Levin's suggestion we did so away from the town. We should probably pay heed and consider his warning one shared for Threshold as well." Kit said in a serious tone, but one that belied she was thinking out loud, and coming to her own conclusion.

"If I do look at it though, I may want to be sitting on the ground and not on a horse. There is no telling what this thing may do to me, as it has had an obvious effect on all who have come into contact with it." she said.

"And I do not want to either blow up on, or fall off a horse." Kit said wincing, wishing she had chosen her words more carefully.

Griznuq

Laren's face scrunched a bit. What insight could a girl of fifteen possibly lend to this situation? True, there seemed to be a little more to her than Laren knew, but what could she tell him that Levin or Garret or Ashe couldn't?

Then again, Levin did say that she could probably help. Well, my father trusted Levin... I think... Not that I don't trust Kit either.

"Are you certain it's something that we should be looking at out here?" Laren scratched the back of his head nervously
=]V[=

Dray

Kit broke him from his contemplation with a start.

"Perhaps if I looked at the Eye, I could discover a way it could be used to help us?" Kit left the question hanging in the air. Laren could sense her tense behind him, and surmised that she was either uncomfortable with the idea, or with the asking of it.

Griznuq

Laren's tiny head bobbed as Starstepper plodded along. His eyes were fixed ahead, but he saw nothing in front of him. He kept watching in his mind the aweful vision of his mother's demise, searching for something... What? He didn't know. Perhaps something to tell him who did it, or what time it was... Anything he could pull from the vision.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Kit looked behind and saw dust and an empty road cutting through wild green grass. During their ride thus far there had been a few farm houses settled into unamed hamlets but nothing even a large as a tiny village. Xuad'Tarn and Threshold were the two largest towns along this road.

The landscape was by no means flat as the mountains lay ahead to the south. Instead the hills were rolling with outcroppings of rocks. there were no trees to break up the undulating hills but in the great distance towards the east, towards The Tortured Lands, was the occasional ruin.

The Dragonteeth Mountains ahead of the two travelers reach to great heights capping the tops with snow. The snow was a clean white and the peaks of the mountains were sharp giving the mounts their name. Nestled within those unforgiving peaks was The Valley of Mist. Within the foothills of those mountains was Threshold. Threshold was a civilization in a rough and wild garden. Threshold was this day's destination. Threshold was home.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

"We are a pair you and I." Kit said solemnly, while still gazing behind them.

Griznuq

"Yeah," Laren said solemnly. "There are some things that a person should never have to watch. That is one of them."
=]V[=

Dray

"It does I guess, its like a really good spyglass they use aboard ships." Kit paused a moment, lost in thought.

"Kind of scary actually, you seeing...what you saw the night after. They must have been close bye when it happened. Your lucky to have escaped!" Kit couldn't help but look over her shoulder at the path behind them.

Griznuq

"It was the night after my father gave me the stone... I'm beginning to think that it's not really seeing into the future, just seeing something that's going on elsewhere... Does that make sense?"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit squirmed a bit behind her small halfling friend. "Um....uh, no."

After a moment of thought she continued, "Items with psychic energy are usually far less....um, usefull than that. For you to be able to see visions, speaks to the power that must be in it. I think."

Laren was about to speak when Kit unknowingly interupted. "When did you have the vision of the attack?"

Griznuq

"Actually, yes. Is that a common occurance?"
=]V[=

Dray

Kit also took a deep breath and readied herself.

"Did you see it because of the Eye? Was it a vision while you slept?"

Griznuq

Laren inhaled deeply after the question. "Well, I wasn't there, but I saw it." Laren exhaled the rest of his deep breath. "After they fought my father, they killed her."
=]V[=

Dray

Kit was quiet again for awhile, watching the rolling hills of the landscape slowly pass bye. When she spoke, it was almost in a whisper."When I was taken from my parents, they had already killed my father in front of my eyes. I can only assume they murdered my mother as well in the next room."

Laren lead the horse quietly, sensing she was going to say more.

"What happened to your mother Laren?" Kit asked so quietly, Laren almost missed it in the wind.