- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Shadowlands status

Started by Phineas, January 18, 2006, 11:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phineas

A milestone was reached this evening: I've completed designing the Shadowlands map!

I'll add some finishing touches to it over the next couple of evenings, and once that is completed I will begin posting the Shadowlands Almanac.  This will be a basic summary of the western kingdoms, giving the players a feel for the setting.

Thanks again for your patience. :)

Phineas

Not as of yet, sorry. :)

Wildfire

Any further status report?
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

I am finally sitting at my deak and putting the image of the MSI map onto actually polygon paper. I had done Outpost Bay before session 1, but now I am defining all of Jhaegra, which is mind-boggling in scope.

Oh my word!

I so should have done this sooner, helps define the ideas much better.

So the fact that you are finishing hte map first is a good one. Don't let our anticipation rush you, for once the final product is complete, I am sure every moment spent (waited) will be worth it in our eyes.

Griznuq

Well, I think it's going to suck so...

just kidding!! hehe

I can't wait myself. :)
=]V[=

Phineas

Quote from: DrayDon't be mad that we are so anxious.
This is not the case; in fact te opposite is true: I'm very pleased (and a little frightened) that there is so much interest in this setting!  I can only hope to meet your expectations -- providing that you all keep your expectations low. :)

Dray

Don't be mad that we are so anxious. For me it is an anticipation of what a fantastic world must be on its way. For Phineas a way about him that tells me he will be a meticulous and thoughtful DM, one who doesn't leave a stone unturned in the worlds creation.

The wait will be worth it. My only request? Quit your job.  :lol:

Phineas

My mistake was announcing this game before having the material ready.  I shall not repeat that mistake.

Work on Shadowlands happens daily.  I think of it day and night.  I'm missing some plot hooks; once those develop, we should be able to begin.

Oh yeah.  I probably should finish the map/land history, first.  Hm.

Dray

Dray

A story:

The eager players fidgeted restlessly at the front gate of the new carnival. All had purchased their tickets early and had camped outside the gates for nights on end, awaiting the grand opening.

However, all was not pleasant. The long wait had deteriorated the minds of the players, who could merely watch and wait helplessly as the carnival was built behind the large entry building. The building that was made to look like a cartoon character passed out on a floor.

Johan, the first to develop his character, was the quietest. Having no place to release his new character, he merely role-played him in his mind.

His brother Matt sat nearby. He was the sanest man there, since he was able to leave the camp frequently for trips to Mc'Ds.

And although Dray was wearing a dress, a man named Wildfire was in a sane frame of mind. He occupied his mind by sketching and copying details of the construction behind the gates.

Fraz was kicking freshly planted shrubs and yelling profanity over the walls at some unknown man named Mudge. "This isn't my fault!" he yelled repeatedly.

Blackspear sat in a car in the parking lot, wondering if he was invited.

One player was not there, a boy the others knew well. Himo sat at home, rolling "18" on three six-sided dice, over and over again. He would make the coolest Sorcerer/Psionicist/Fighter/Priest/Druid/Rogue that ever lived! Then he would go!

Wildfire

Have there been anymore milestones?

I'm salivating to see the developments!

But mind you, there's no rush...I'm just curious... :wink:
Wildfire

Dray

Can't disagree with all sentiment so far.

"Build it Phin, and they will come."

[color=green:1ae905612c]And in my business voice:[/color]Character background development is on hold until the Almanac submittal is in receipt. Please allow 2 weeks allowance for final character specification turnaround.

Wildfire

What I tell people here at work is, "You want it badly you get it badly. The worse you want it the worse you get it."
Wildfire

Johan

I *love* milestones. I'll cross that off on the project schedule...

There's a saying in the engineering community: You can have it now, or you can have it when it's done (and it works). Invariably, you get it when it's done. I'm always willing to sacrifice a few intangibles for quality.

Onward and upward.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Yeah man. Good things come to those who wait.
=]V[=