- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Vernmen/Welverns

Started by Blackspear, September 15, 2005, 11:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

Vernman and Welverns are cross breeds between either humans or elves, and wyverns.   This happens when wyverns, who are highly intelligent and magical creatures change their shape and assume the foem of either a human or an elf.   The children of this pairng tend to be slightly larger and stronger than their elven or human parents.   Their features take on an angular look and many of them develop scaly skin as they get older.   There is one way to be certain that someone has wyvern blood.   That is their eyes.  Upon reaching maturity, around the age of 25, females develop purple colored eyes.   Males develop red colored eyes.  
Due to the fact that the Druids of Flaern actively hunt wyverns and their offspring, most welverns and vernmen don't survive very long after maturity.

Vernman: +2 Strength, +1 Constitution, -3 Charisma, 60' Darkvision

Welverns: +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, -1 Con, -3 Charisma 90' Darkvision

Bonus Feats: Alertness, Stealthy, Run, Self Sufficient

1st level: Can cast Pass w/out trace as 1st level druid once per day.

3rd level: Develops natural retractable claws that cause 1-4/1-6 points of damage.

5th level: Can cast Obscuring Mist as 1st level druid once per day.

7th level: Can sprout wings and fly for short durations.   Can fly up to one round per level, but must rest for 2 rounds per round of flight, or suffer under forced march rules.

9th level: Can cast Wood Shape as 3rd level druid, once per day.

11th Level: Gains Natural Armor Class Bonus of +2.

13th level: Can cast Meld into Stone as 7th level druid once per day.
[/u][/b]
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...