- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Mirri

Started by Phineas, March 10, 2007, 09:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phineas

I thought I'd share my inspiration for Mirri.

When Johan introduced the Cat race, this was my first thought.  For those of you familiar with Magic the Gathering, then you may recognize these cards:

Mirri, from the "Exodus" expansion

Mirri the Cursed, from the "Planar Chaos" expansion

Poor kitty has fallen on dark times, it would appear!

Phineas

Ohhh, this ain't good.  It looked okay in the preview, but not so good in the post!

Phineas

Okay, let's try that again, using basic HTML.  Here are the two images:

http://rockdovestudios.com/griznuq/Mirri.jpg">

http://rockdovestudios.com/griznuq/Mirri-cursed.png">

Griznuq

Whoa, nice!

What series is that from?? I think I stopped playing around after Legends came out... I forgot the name of that series... had a lot to do with minitaurs...
=]V[=

Phineas

The top one is from Exodus, the bottom is from the latest expansion, Planar Chaos.

The expansion that you last saw was "Homelands", which had the Minotaurs.

Johan

Nice, Phin. Very often after a session, I realize that I have forgotten to RP the impact that Mirri tends to have on local and yokle alike.

There are always lingering stares, often whispering heard, and the occasional blatant slak-jawed gape.

It is clear that even Corris, diplomat that he can be, isn't sure how to treat Mirri. No one is outright confrontational, but she does tend to draw stares.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Belwar often looks at you curiously too, but only for a moment or two at a time. :)
=]V[=

Phineas

Quote from: JohanI realize that I have forgotten to RP the impact that Mirri tends to have on local and yokle alike.
No worries; it's implied that she is unique and draws attention. :)

Phineas

So, as part of my previous nerdy weekend, I started plotting a course for Mirri's feats.  I'm thinking:

* 6th level: Leap of Heavens (PHB2, p. 80) : Jumps without 20' move do not double the jump DC; jumps with 20' movement gain +5 bonus

* 9th level: Power Attack (PHB, p. 98) : take a penalty to hit and add that number to damage

* 12th: Leap Attack (Complete Adventurer, p. 110) [Prereq : Power Attack] : Combine jump and charge to attack an opponent using power attack; double Power Attack damage

Of course I will probably change my mind repeatedly, but there it is: my roadmap for a jumpy barbarian!

Phineas

...or I could multiclass at 5th level, concentrating on becoming a fighter and gaining a fighter bonus feat (Power Attack?), and again at 6th level (gaining a second fighter feat -- unfortunately Leap Attack is not a fighter feat), and a bonus feat for being 6th level (Leap of Heavens).

Yeah, I'm giving this far too much thought.

Phineas

Quote from: Phineasunfortunately Leap Attack is not a fighter feat
...but Catfolk Pounce (Races of the Wild, page 148) is a fighter feat!  This feat allows catfolk to charge and make a full attacks (multiple blows) against flat-footed opponents.  I like Leap Attack, but this is good, too.

Perhaps instead of Power Attack, I could take Improved Initiative (PHB 96, granting +4 on initiative rolls) as a 5th level fighter; this would help Mirri with charging and attacking flat-footed opponents.

Hmmm...

Griznuq

Power attack is good because it leads to cleave. :)
=]V[=

Johan

Does Mirri need cleavage?
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

*blink*

Who doesn't?
=]V[=

Phineas

Quote from: JohanDoes Mirri need cleavage?
Meow.

(Sorry, saw this image and just had to resurrect this old thread.)