- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Dinner at the Stump

Started by Dray, May 12, 2005, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

"I trust you Jarmok. You may not be able to talk, but you wear your heart on your sleeve." Kit said solemnly.

She stared at the fire, after a moment she took a deep breath and began.

"Almost three years ago on Verindock Zinnyas Voldyn my life as I knew it was taken from me," a tear escaped her eye, shining in the firelight.

"I originally come from Mandin, a village outside of Kazbourne far to the east. I came home one late afternoon to strangers holding my parents captive. The two intruders, a towering black skinned man and an ill-favored looking boy had tied my mother down in the bedroom and held my father at knife point." Kit paused, Jarmok could feel the emotion emitting from her in the very air. This was very difficult for the young girl.

"The black man, named Drakyr, announced that I was to be his slave. A man who had no rights to me and, of course, I had never before met. My father struggled and the boy...he um..." Kit paused again. Her eyes flicked back and forth over the firelight, she was becoming unhinged again.

Laren put a hand on her shoulder. Kit clenched her fists and partially regained her composure. "Paladine, this doesn't get any easier telling."

"I'm okay."

"After the boy stabbed my father in the neck, my mind snapped at seeing my father's dead body. I passed out, my last memory of home was my mothers screams in the next room." Kit wiped the tears away.

"It is my assumption they killed her as well." Another pause, as she gazed at the fire.

"I loved my parents." Kit said in such a small voice it ripped at her friends hearts. In the one statement they realized how young this girl was to have lived through such a horrific tragedy. The one small admission spoke volumes to the type of happy life she had at home.

"When I awoke it was not for some time later. Drakyr and his minion Leech had taken me across the land, drugged, to be quiet for the trip. I awoke in a dungeon, which I found out later was in a Keep at the edge of the Swamp of Seers."

Kit breathed a sigh, "Jarmok, do you have any water?"

Johan

"No Joke. Just not know." Jarmok answered "Trust funny. Difficult. I trust me. Personal decision. Ee-moshunal girl easier read than tracks of wagons (fists in front of his chest, passing from left to right)." Jarmok smiled. "Seems real."

"I'm here (gestures at the cabin) two (two long fingers held up) Istisha's cycles. Not long, but longer than others. My Mercer here very long." He took the battle axe from his side and showed it to his two visitors. The fire light reflected off of the bronzewood head oddly. "Is made special. Bronzewood. Is Threshold symbol for trust. Ask Julius. Then trust. Or trust now, answer in your heart, not my mouth." He smiled fondly at the pair across the fire.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

=]V[=

Dray

Kit looked again to Jarmok, she had a confused stare.

"Did you mean that a slave hunts you? Ragnor? Were you saying a joke Jarmok?" The thought brought a small smile to her lips.

She picked up a stick and poke the fire.

"I can trust you two right?" she asked, her voice grave again.

Griznuq

Laren refrains from answering, hoping Kit will answer Jarmok and forget she had asked.
=]V[=

Johan

"Everyone hunted." Jarmok smiled. "Don't (grimmacing) know who. Or if (eyebrows raised). Slave (gestures his chin at Kit)? In Aldebaron?"

Dray

"What?" Kit looked at Jarmok. "You were a slave as well?" She looked back and forth between the two.

"And you Laren, who hunts you?"

Johan

"Me too." Jarmok returned. "Slave. I think." He chuckled to slightly at that. "Who hunts Kit?"

Griznuq

"I know THAT feeling..."
=]V[=

Dray

Kit sat down on the ground near the fire. She watched it for awhile. "It is hard to speak of."

She put a piece of wood on the fire, her shaking subsided, she became calm.

She looked at Jarmok. "I am prey."

Johan

"Big world." Jarmok said as if changing the subject. He subjected another candy to the ravages of the fire. "Much change. Danger stalks matterless. Tell what happened?"

Dray

?Patience is the departing gift she gave me. She released me from the burden by absolving me of all responsibility. Nevertheless, my heart hangs heavy with it,? she looked down at the ground, not able to hold Jarmok?s sympathetic gaze.

?This burden is mine, whether she thinks it so or not, but to share it has consequences my friend, it has a?.? Kit stopped and breathed a sigh. She looked up and gazed at the stars, fresh tears in her eyes pooled and threatened to run their familiar course. Her eyes twitched back and forth, looking at various points of light on the horizon as she struggled for words.

??it has a danger that stocks the possessor and creates destruction at every turn. I am strong enough to share the burden, but not the threat that comes with it.?

The very young woman cast her head down and visably shook. Laren and Jarmok had never seen the girl in such torment.

Johan

"If almost a full turn Akadi," He began slowly, clearly thinking very hard to express himself to the best of his ability. "You here one (extends a long finger), near two (a second finger) stay, if back now three (a third finger). Full cycle for Istisha fastest. Need time find Holy."

Jarmok sat thinking and humming to himself for a long moment before he continued. "Fastest is long time. Maybe whole Grumbar cycle." He looked at Kit consolingly. "Friend not at death." He reasoned. "Speed maybe not ally? Patience maybe ally?"

"Share burden."

Dray

Kit surrendered a small smile. ?Aldebaron is a few weeks north of here by foot. But I would not necessarily have to travel there. I just need to send a high priest there to restore my friend. My friend is more than capable of paying the priesthood for services rendered. It is a matter for me of simply finding a high priest capable and willing to do it.?

Kit seemed calmer as she added quietly, ?It is bittersweet to talk of this task, it is a heavy burden I carry.?

Johan

Quote from: green:3fa8f93430Not sure how you go about making a connection from Seer to exploding creatures...[/color]

Quote from: Matt... I would have to say that you and I are the most normal people around
...and I see visions, so all things consi... I mean uh... that is to say..." Laren Coughs...

Jamok's left eyebrow shot up at that.

"Need talk." He submitted to the two small people. "Kit you (pointing) think monster; Not true (negating shake of the head). Mercer helped me so not die. You (indicating both Kit and Laren) too help."

"Where Aldebaron?"