- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Ring within the Brambles

Started by Wildfire, September 19, 2005, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

With relief, Dale finds that the only price to pay is warm fluid flames pouring down his throat filling his gut with the warmth of the fire from the sky. The soft heat extends to his arms and legs with tingling refreshment.

Ashe says asks, "Fantastic isn't it? I wonder what the others will feel like. These fountains are...like...the blood of the gods! Lead us to the next one Maccabeus...please...I must see"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

Dale watches Ashe and Maccabeus with intense curiosity.   Until now, Dale has viewed the wonderful discoveries in the ring with a bit of caution.  Realizing that the two druids he was traveling with would likely cause him a great deal of trouble if they new that he was a wizard, he has been very careful not to give himself away.  Those druids of course worship and serve Mahiya.  Therefore Dale has been reluctant to drink from the fountains in case Mahiya decides to take her wrath out on him for casting magic....
Dale says to himself, "Well, I did help recover this lost temple... and I do respect nature...Well, here goes!!"
Dale dips his hand into the fiery water and consumes a great gulp of the tepid water.   After he swallows it, he looks around from Ashe to Maccabeus to the rest of the ring.  He anxiously holds his breath waiting to see if there's a price to pay....
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Johan

Maccabeus felt a fool; in his zeal he hadn't considered that the various waters might have different flavors to go with their differring presentations.

He smiled, shook his head, and approached the Fount of Kossuth and drank, timidly at first, and then with greater abandon.

Maccabeus could feel the liquid fire pouring down his throat and into his belly. The warmth began to emanate from his middle and ooze to his legs, arms, and head. It was a satisfying sort of warmth. He felt as energized and bright as Kossuth at the it's zenith.

A keen wolfish grin grew on his face and his eyes gleamed. "Invorating indeed." He remarked passionately. "I am very glad to have been chosen by Mahiya and her children in this life. And for Shankharia's wisdom as well." He had always been close to his mentor in the Dale, but now he realized that he truly loved her as a cherished and revered teacher. He hoped that he would be able to return to the Dale one day, or that she would come here, so that he could thank her for her foresight and intuition.

"Shall we try Grumbar's water?" He asked impishly. He realized, of course, that he would have to go back and try Istisha's and Akida's too. He would have to ask the Guardian Bramble if it minded if he took up residence in this place. The new tatoo on his chest suggested that the Divine Four might want it that way, but the Bramble was here first, and it would do to pay it the respect that it deserved.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

[color=green:3301ec5ff6]After taking a drink he consumed the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse![/color]  :twisted:

After taking a drink from the fiery water a look of surprise comes over his face, "Oooh...I feel warm. Not uncomfortably so. I also feel...cleansed...pure, if you take my meaning. This is different than the water at the Ring. That water was was regular water but extremely pure. This water seems to have qualities in the way of Kossuth! Try it!" Ashe seemed to have a child's gleem in his eyes and he was twitching at the fingers.
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus was obviously taken aback by Ashe's question. "Well," he said slowly. "I have no objections." He watched in anticipation as the elder reached a cupped hand into the fount's flow.

[color=green:fcdb29e507]And the old fool blew up.[/color]  :twisted:

Wildfire

Ashe says, "Aye Dale...it is magnificent. Watch your step. Maccabeus, do you mind if we test these fiery...er, waters?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"WOW.......

Dale runs towards the fountain of fire like a little kid.  He stops a few feet away from the fountain and stares wide eyed at the various shoots of fire arcing off of the central flame.   As he realizes that it might burn him, he takes a few steps back and nearly stumbles over a root that he did not see, because he never took his eyes off the flames.

"This is the most beautiful creation I have ever seen...  
I never could have even imagined something so mystical."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Johan

"I'm not reluctant to drink, only reluctant to blaspheme." Maccabeus responded. "In my ignorance I find indecision, that's all. Come on, there's still two more, and the Fount for Kossuth has to be seen to be belived."

Maccabeus led the others further along the bramble maze to the liquid fire fount, where the water spouting into the air was not water at all, but appeared to be a liquid fire.

Wildfire

Ashe laughs, "So many questions...I love it! As for the languages they are as different from each other as the elements are different. So they must be learned as their own. As for taking a drink I think that the four invite it! Yes they are sacred...but as long as that is respected and not abused then the pools are available to drink from. Are you reluctant to try it? There is no shame in being so. It's not everyday that one is afforded this opportunity."
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Oh....  Well I guess that's my city upbringing at work.

"Ya know Ashe, you're right.  I would love to learn those languages.   They certainly fascinate me.   Are they all related or will each one take a special effort to learn it?"

[color=green:2a478b449c]Players note:   I missed the post where Ashe invited us to learn the elemental languages.    Therefore, Dale is responding a tad late.[/color]
Blackspear

Johan

Maccabeus laughed a snort chuckle. "Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you were; it is obvious that you're not trying to hurt the bramble, but it would be kind of like if you met someone, and they started poking you in the ribs to see what held you up." He paused a moment before continuing on. "There are no earthen walls in this place. The bramble stands upon itself."

Blackspear

"I wasn't harming them.   I think there must be some type of wall behind them."

Dale moves on, not wanting to irritate two druids on their sacred ground.
Blackspear

Johan

Maccabeus led the way through the bramble towards the fount of Akida. "Dale," he said, as his companion tried to gently penetrate the thick vines. "I don't think the Guardian Bramble takes kindly to being poked like that. We are more or less simply going to go where the bramble allows, I think."

The sound of bubbling water was ubiquitous, especially here in the bramble passages. When they finally arrived at the Faunt of Akida, Maccabeus carefully observed the faces of his companions. The pool and the gyser that fed it were not clear but were a sapphire blue such as the sky at edge of night. The air in this chamber was particularly crisp, as it had been earlier that day. Sensibly so, Maccabeus thought, as Akadi's domain was air.

"Part of the beauty of these faunts, I think, is their simplicity, at least to the eye." Maccabeus remarked. "A pool with a tall spout. Do you think, Ashe, that the Divine Ones would be affronted if I were to drink of this water? I would not tend to think so, but I'm not as near to them as you are."

Wildfire

Ashe gently rubs the petals of a flower between his fingers and say, "Special meaning? Not that I'm aware. They're usually a sign of good soil though. They are also very good for healing wounds."

Dale tried as lightly as he could to spread the thorned vines aside to see beyond them. The more he tried the harder it became to probe any deeper.

Ashe looked left and right, "So to the right is Istisha and to the left is Akadi? Well, we'll follow you."

Upon being scratched Wolf stuck his head out in full extension of his neck and turned it to his left. Making some grunting sounds his leg started to kick uncontrollably. He spun so as to still be scratched but also look Maccabeus eye to eye. With an enthusiastic form of thanks Wolf began to lick Maccabeus's cheek all the while kicking his leg at the the air.
Wildfire

Johan

"I would very much like to learn those languages, thank you. "Maccabeus replied genially. "I would also like to learn more of these flowers; they don't grow native in my homeland."

Quote from: wildfireThe group comes to a crossing path to the left and right. "Ah...which way?"

"Well, right this way is the fount consecrated to Akadi. It's every bit as lovely as Istisha's, but - as I'm sure you can imagine - its water is a lovely shade of blue." Maccabeus trod the brabmble path lightly and scratched Wolf's rump vigorously. "He loves this." the little gnome quipped.