- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

04.19.2127 - White Rascal

Started by Griznuq, March 23, 2008, 10:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

The cheese giggled, it was a cute small giggle.

The cheese answered while chewing, it apparently was eating itself, "so we can make it smaller by cubing it for large parties of course."

Griznuq

Harrison heard the answer as someone pointing out the obvious to him as though he were stupid. He didn't like it, but said nothing. Clearly they didn't understand his question, and didn't care enough to find out why he asked.

He silently began making cubes.
=]V[=

Dray

A little blonde-headed girl poked her head around the enormous piece of cheese, she had big blue eyes and a cute smile. She had to be 4 or 5 years younger than him, Harrison thought.

"Hello", she said.

Griznuq

"Hello," he echoed. "What's your name?"

Harrison wondered if he was going to be paid for this.
=]V[=

Dray

"Leslie Marks, age seven, and yours?" the really tiny girl said.

(OOC: when kids introduce each other in this kingdom, the normal social etiquette is to also state age, as that represents school status. Later at age 9 when kids choose their House, that also becomes part of the greeting, ie. Harrison Arbuckle, age 10, House of ...)

Griznuq

Harrison signed. You might as well try to enjoy yourself he chided himself.

He was also dissappointed that he was unable to make Millis believe that he was happy to join her. It was one thing to be disappointed about having to go somewhere, but when you tried to make someone believe it was ok, and they saw through the ruse, it was even worse. Now she probably thought that Harrison wasn't grateful enough to do her the service of helping, and what's worse, she probably things he's one to be deceptive!

I shall have to work on that he thought.

"Harrison, age 10, harvester's house" he said with a mocking tone. He hated introducing himself in such a formal way. He was really just Harrison. Who cared what house he belonged to?
=]V[=

Dray

"Very nice to meet you Harrison. You can nibble on the cheese, I don't think that either of us could even put a dent in this thing if we tried," Leslie said and resumed cubing.

The day wore on. Harrison actually did find the tasks he was assigned not all that tedious, and the little blonde-haired moppet of a girl kept him entertained with stories all the while. For such a young thing, she was really good at spinning tall tales.

As dinner approached the cooks prepared a large meal at a side table and let every one of the workers dig in. It had been a long time since Harrison had roasted chicken, and quite a juicy bird it was indeed.

After dinner they worked until a hand after sunset. The cooks had broken into a fine song during the last two hands and by evening end it had turned into quite the round for everyone to join sing along and dance too, little Leslie only happy to oblige with both. There was so much happiness and merriment in the room that Harrison found himself sincerely wanting to come back on the morrow.

Just after Myrtle came buy and thanked him for a good days work, handing him 50sp (the rest to be handed to him at jobs end), Harrison saw Clive waiting for him in a tree.

With the work done, he headed out and into the courtyard. Leslie waved him goodbye as she took her fathers hand and took the road with him to the Riverfront.

Griznuq

"Clive. my friend. Don't ever say I don't do things for you." Harrison produced a lump of cheese and a wafer.

As he turned into the court yard, the squirrel lept from a nearby tree and onto Harrison's head, knocking his glasses askew.

"You fluffy rat!" Harrison said with only a little conviction. "I've told you not to do that. No doubt why you do it still," he said, feeding the wafer and cheese to his friend.

Harrison found the small parchment rolled and tied to Clive's underbelly. "Tonight you will rest my friend. If I have to send you out again, I will wait until Morning," he promised the critter. Clive seemed indifferent.

Harrison enjoyed the scent of cinammon that whafted from Clive.
=]V[=

Dray

Thank you for your words, they already ring in my heart. Someday things WILL need to change in Our-Commons and I will do everything I can do to make it happen.
My father beat the life out of me in front of two priests in his office. Joke is on him though, my face and neck are horribly bruised and to use healing draughts on one whose injuries are from "justified punishment" is sacrilegious. So by the end of the week, at the festival grand ball, my yellowed bruises aught to look wonderful to all of his important guests. Stupid man. Anyway, thanks for Clive, he was real nice to me all day, licked my hand when I was crying and tried to cheer me up with all his silly tricks, they worked.
So nice to have two real friends.
-Your Emmanuelle

Griznuq

Harrison's heart jumped into his throat. She said "Your Emannuelle"! He looked about at the ground in front of him as he walked. I know I tore that note up! There's no way she could have found out about that! Clive must have... he made himself stop. Things do not happen by coincidence, certainly not something as farfetched as this.

The more he thought about it, the sicker he began to feel. So strange, he thought. I should be happy, not sick! Why would something like this tie my stomach in knots?? Harrison had heard stories of men doing funny or stupid things for the attentions of a lass, but never did he understand it... until now.

He decided to shake the feeling off with a jog back to the area nearby the orphanage. He huffed and puffed along the way, Clive scurrying behind him.

A couple hours later, he lay in bed, looking up at the dark ceiling, Clive nestled warmly under the blanket by his side enjoying his night off. He called himself every kind of fool for letting a girl, who a year ago he'd have thrown worms at, make him feel like he'd eaten a boulder.

Sleep came fleetinly, and the sun took it's time coming up. Harrison slept better the night he was given over to a stranger by his own father.

The morning blurred on, and Harrison eventually found himself in his tree with a book on his lap. He sat jingling the five silver he'd earned the day before, hoping Monty would come by again with his cart.

Clive skittered around in the tree with him. His fuzzy friend seemed to approve of the new home-away-from-home.
=]V[=

Griznuq

Harrison fiddled with the piece of paper in his hand while he sat in the tree, waiting for the vendor. He'd written the letter late last night after deciding he didn't like his fancies getting the best of him. He thought it best to avoid avenues that allowed him to believe anyone could have anything more than a friendship in mind. It made things easier. Or he believed it would, anyway.

He hoped she could find some humor in his reply.

An Emannualle of my very own! How exciting! I've never had one before...  How does one take care of an Emannualle? What do they eat? You certainly can't eat wafers like Clive, although I'm sure he'd share. You definitely couldn't sleep in my pocket either... I'd hate to leave you in there and have you get taken through the laundry. ;)

Keep Smiling.

- H

He hoped that she didn't expect a serious reply, or at least that she'd welcome some humor. Either way, he had to send it, because to let anything fool with his mind any further was unnacceptable.

Harrison scanned the area for Monty. He hoped the fellow showed up soon, he only had a couple of hours before he had to meet Millis at the Cathedral.

Seeing no sign of the man, Harrison rolled his note steeling his resolve and tied it to Clive's underbelly.

"No need to scurry off yet, Clive. We've both going to pretty much the same place, we can part ways once we get there," he said feeding his friend a wafer.
=]V[=

Dray

Harrison and Clive didn't encounter Monty that day, but the walk in the sun was glorious. It was the third week of SpringBegin and the leaves of the trees had finally awakened from their slumber and had begun painting the Park District a wondrous green. Crab apple trees, which were quite common in the park, were in full bloom and the place was a haven for both the eyes and nose.

Harrison made his way to Temple, he merely told the guards at the gate that he was with the 'Gypsy Kitchen', the nickname he had overheard last night, and they let him through.

He was in good spirits when, as he crossed the stone-tiled courtyard, Myrtle hailed him from under a large canopy outside the Church. The white cloth over her head, which was as big as his orphanage room, was held up by dozens of massive wooden posts set in portable concrete blocks. She waved him over.

Clive abandoned him before he made it to Myrtle, the "white rat" knowing that playing with a girl was a lot more fun than working all day.

"Hello Master Harrison," Millis said. "Today I was hoping you could do us a favor. There will be many merchants coming from the exact direction you just came from. Could you please welcome them, accept their material goods..." she said as she handed him a clipboard with lined parchment and an actual pen. She continued, "...and jot down their name, their company name, the goods and the quantity of goods all on that paper."

Harrison could see that this had been done yesterday as there were already entries made. It looked like a pretty simple task he surmised.

She then placed a comfortable cloth cap on his head which had a nice firm rim for over his brow.

"That will keep the sun out of Masters eyes."

She held out her hand to the empty courtyard under the canopy. "Have the merchants put everything under the shade should the contents be perishable."

Johan

Quote from: Dray...The white cloth over her head, which was as big as his orphanage room...

Dude...that is *this* funny! This chick has one enormous head!!!
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Griznuq

Harrison put a hand on his cap. He's always wanted a hat of some sort. "Yes ma'am!"

This job was far more desirable than cutting a mound of cheese into tiny bits. At very least, it was outside!
=]V[=