Griznuq Gaming

D&D Campaigns => Threshold => In Character Discussions => Topic started by: Dray on May 12, 2005, 12:36:10 PM

Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 12, 2005, 12:36:10 PM
With a roll of her eyes, Maal drains one of the tankards before her and suddenly stands, knocking her chair over backwards with a loud clatter.  Leaning over the table, she says, "Prhaps, we should jus ask Garret if he has a more private room in the back that we can use to talk..."

With an exasperated sigh, she grabs up her remaining full mug of ale (carelessly spilling much of it on the table), straightens up to her full height, and marches around the table headed for the bar.

"Garret!" she calls out quite loudly over the din.  "Garret!!"...
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Wildfire on July 14, 2005, 04:42:37 PM
The chirping of the peepers echoes through the valley. The light of the element deities shines down upon the young leaves of the trees lighting the forest in peculiar ways. The distant melody of the Fogveil offers peace to the ears and calms the spirit. The dark hours in Threshold could be considered the most beautiful and yet they're rarely ever seen.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on July 14, 2005, 01:02:25 PM
Jarmok grunted and shook his head negatively. "Late." He offered. "Go rest. See you in morning." He smiled as the two companions made their way back into Threshold proper.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on July 14, 2005, 12:49:09 PM
OCC Thank GOD!
Laren smiled and nodded. "Will you be joining us Jarmok?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on July 14, 2005, 12:23:36 PM
Kit raised her head from Jarmok's shoulder. The cloth there was warm and now had a feint scent of Jasmine.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind something to eat. It was so chaotic in Stump that I really couldn't eat, and that candy wasn't enough," she sighed.

Still sitting next to him, Jarmok thought she looked better. She had found her way back, after being lost in the memories.

"Want to go back to the Thornhedge Laren? See if Keltan has anything?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on July 09, 2005, 05:36:12 PM
Splorch!
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on July 09, 2005, 01:08:06 PM
OOC Christ Jarmok, make it end!
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on July 08, 2005, 11:26:29 AM
Jarmok cast an annoyed glance at the anxious halfling, but did not address his request.

"Odd thing." He said quietly. "Have no memory beyond Grumbar's last cycle. Thought that bad." He shook his head sadly, patting Kit's head as it lay on his shoulder. "Memories maybe worse than none."

He looked up then, and Laren noted that Jarmok seemed to be counting in his head and a small, odd smile crept onto the lean, foriegn face. "Kit get freedom same time? Last time Grumbar full? Start life same time? Twins!" He chuckled at his own joke, hoping that the young girl's mood might improve.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on July 07, 2005, 11:04:41 AM
Laren's stomach rumbled loudly. "Anyone else hungry?" Laren asked, trying to change the subject.

"Perhaps we would all benefit from some food and drink, and a little merry-making"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on July 07, 2005, 10:15:32 AM
Jarmok moved around the fire to comfort his friend. "Is enough." He said sympathetically. "Kit's spirit hurt most. Not your fault, but not alone now, never again, except your want to be."

He held the sob-wracked lass for a long while, not knowing what else to do. "Mercer say: 'evil win if good men do nothing'." He mused. A long, low growl escaped from deep within the outlander's lean chest.

"P'r-tek-t'ret help eachother. No more evil here." It sounded oddly like he was making a pledge of sorts, or reiterating one that he had already made.

Although his words were broken, his voice was smooth and sturdy, fueled, it seemed, by some deep-seated inner rage, the bredth of which sounded further-reaching than the violation of an innocent child.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on July 06, 2005, 12:47:36 PM
Kit paused as she traced a finger down the length of her right arm, lost in the violent memory. Jarmok looked upon the broken young girl, outlined in the glow of the fire. He noted that there was no scar.

?So that?s how it remained for over two years. My pain was his control over me. I was never free of him, always with me, even as I slept. I was a prisoner in my own mind. He controlled my every move, every word and every deed. For two years Markell used me to perform chemical experiments in a laboratory of Drakyr?s keep. We did nothing but alchemy, without a single day of rest. Birthdays, days of festival throughout the year, the comfort of my home and family and growing up with my friends in Mandin, all the pleasures in life had been taken from me.? She stopped again, wiped a new tear from her eye and sighed. She was summoning the strength to go on.

?Then a few months after I turned fourteen, I had my first chance at freedom. One day in the lab, Markell had simply fallen off me, lapsing into unconsciousness. I later learned that he had fallen ill from a disease,? a rare smile had touched Kits lips, it was malevolent.

She quickly broke from it. ?The shock of my spirit rushing back into my mind, and the sudden ability to control my own movements threw me at first. But as soon as I regained control, I bolted from the lab and went to my dungeon bedroom to collect my things, leaving the slug behind on the lab floor.?

?As I was about to leave the bedroom, a girl named Jordan, who I thought was a fellow slave, betrayed me. She entered the room and shot me in the leg with a crossbow. She left me on the bedroom floor, bleeding to death. As I slipped into unconsciousness, I desparately wished for it.?

?But I was damned, for I awoke many hours later, chained to my bed, with the wound dressed and Drakyr standing over me.? Kit paused again, taking a breath and steeling herself.

The next statement she attempted quickly, as if to get it over with. But she failed. ?He announced that I was to be punished for my attempt to escape. His minion, Leech, the man who killed my father, he entered the room and?and he...?

Kit covered her face with both hands and shook as she wept, not able to continue.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 22, 2005, 01:47:14 PM
Laren remains quiet.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 22, 2005, 01:43:36 PM
"ng." :x
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 22, 2005, 01:29:19 PM
Kit thanked him and took a long pull from the cup.

She continued.

"Drakyr had captured me to serve as a host to a parasite." she said with a look of disgust. "This slug was deposited on my naked back where it grafted to my skin and soon invaded my mind. For it too was a Seer. It locked my spirit, my soul, my very conscience away within my own mind."

She looked at Jarmok and Laren, not sure if they understood. She turned to Jarmok and said, "I could feel, see, hear and smell. But I could not command my own movements, my body belonged to the slug."

They both appeared to understand so she gazed back at the fire and continued.

"After Markell had gained control, it was no longer necessary to keep me locked into the dungeon. Markell, through me, and his friend Drakyr were able to continue with their evil plans."

"Evil plans?" Laren asked.

"I will get back to that," she said, not taking her gaze from the fire.

"When at first I tried to rebel, Markell showed me the power he had over me," she again looked at Jarmok. Staring into his eyes to gain strength from the compassion she found there.

"He took his dagger, and split my arm open from elbow to wrist," tears were again in her eyes as she turned away. "The pain was all mine, it was but a shadow to him...I thought I would die. He healed me with an elixer, but promised to do it again if I stepped out of line."

Kit stopped for a moment to catch her breath, and her emotions.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 22, 2005, 09:52:34 AM
Jarmok leapt up from the spot where he crouched next to the fire and went to a covered barrel that stood next to the cabin. Taking a large cup from a hanger next to the barrel, and sliding the cover aside, he dipped the cup and returned to proffer the cup to Kit.

He then reclaimed his spot next to the fire and attended the continuing saga.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 21, 2005, 08:58:26 PM
"I trust you Jarmok. You may not be able to talk, but you wear your heart on your sleeve." Kit said solemnly.

She stared at the fire, after a moment she took a deep breath and began.

"Almost three years ago on Verindock Zinnyas Voldyn my life as I knew it was taken from me," a tear escaped her eye, shining in the firelight.

"I originally come from Mandin, a village outside of Kazbourne far to the east. I came home one late afternoon to strangers holding my parents captive. The two intruders, a towering black skinned man and an ill-favored looking boy had tied my mother down in the bedroom and held my father at knife point." Kit paused, Jarmok could feel the emotion emitting from her in the very air. This was very difficult for the young girl.

"The black man, named Drakyr, announced that I was to be his slave. A man who had no rights to me and, of course, I had never before met. My father struggled and the boy...he um..." Kit paused again. Her eyes flicked back and forth over the firelight, she was becoming unhinged again.

Laren put a hand on her shoulder. Kit clenched her fists and partially regained her composure. "Paladine, this doesn't get any easier telling."

"I'm okay."

"After the boy stabbed my father in the neck, my mind snapped at seeing my father's dead body. I passed out, my last memory of home was my mothers screams in the next room." Kit wiped the tears away.

"It is my assumption they killed her as well." Another pause, as she gazed at the fire.

"I loved my parents." Kit said in such a small voice it ripped at her friends hearts. In the one statement they realized how young this girl was to have lived through such a horrific tragedy. The one small admission spoke volumes to the type of happy life she had at home.

"When I awoke it was not for some time later. Drakyr and his minion Leech had taken me across the land, drugged, to be quiet for the trip. I awoke in a dungeon, which I found out later was in a Keep at the edge of the Swamp of Seers."

Kit breathed a sigh, "Jarmok, do you have any water?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 21, 2005, 09:48:28 AM
"No Joke. Just not know." Jarmok answered "Trust funny. Difficult. I trust me. Personal decision. Ee-moshunal girl easier read than tracks of wagons (fists in front of his chest, passing from left to right)." Jarmok smiled. "Seems real."

"I'm here (gestures at the cabin) two (two long fingers held up) Istisha's cycles. Not long, but longer than others. My Mercer here very long." He took the battle axe from his side and showed it to his two visitors. The fire light reflected off of the bronzewood head oddly. "Is made special. Bronzewood. Is Threshold symbol for trust. Ask Julius. Then trust. Or trust now, answer in your heart, not my mouth." He smiled fondly at the pair across the fire.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 21, 2005, 06:29:18 AM
"Of course."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 20, 2005, 08:20:52 PM
Kit looked again to Jarmok, she had a confused stare.

"Did you mean that a slave hunts you? Ragnor? Were you saying a joke Jarmok?" The thought brought a small smile to her lips.

She picked up a stick and poke the fire.

"I can trust you two right?" she asked, her voice grave again.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 20, 2005, 01:33:31 PM
Laren refrains from answering, hoping Kit will answer Jarmok and forget she had asked.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 20, 2005, 01:11:45 PM
"Everyone hunted." Jarmok smiled. "Don't (grimmacing) know who. Or if (eyebrows raised). Slave (gestures his chin at Kit)? In Aldebaron?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 20, 2005, 11:51:17 AM
"What?" Kit looked at Jarmok. "You were a slave as well?" She looked back and forth between the two.

"And you Laren, who hunts you?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 20, 2005, 10:08:52 AM
"Me too." Jarmok returned. "Slave. I think." He chuckled to slightly at that. "Who hunts Kit?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 19, 2005, 08:53:33 AM
"I know THAT feeling..."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 18, 2005, 10:25:13 PM
Kit sat down on the ground near the fire. She watched it for awhile. "It is hard to speak of."

She put a piece of wood on the fire, her shaking subsided, she became calm.

She looked at Jarmok. "I am prey."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 17, 2005, 12:52:05 PM
"Big world." Jarmok said as if changing the subject. He subjected another candy to the ravages of the fire. "Much change. Danger stalks matterless. Tell what happened?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 17, 2005, 12:46:47 PM
?Patience is the departing gift she gave me. She released me from the burden by absolving me of all responsibility. Nevertheless, my heart hangs heavy with it,? she looked down at the ground, not able to hold Jarmok?s sympathetic gaze.

?This burden is mine, whether she thinks it so or not, but to share it has consequences my friend, it has a?.? Kit stopped and breathed a sigh. She looked up and gazed at the stars, fresh tears in her eyes pooled and threatened to run their familiar course. Her eyes twitched back and forth, looking at various points of light on the horizon as she struggled for words.

??it has a danger that stocks the possessor and creates destruction at every turn. I am strong enough to share the burden, but not the threat that comes with it.?

The very young woman cast her head down and visably shook. Laren and Jarmok had never seen the girl in such torment.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 17, 2005, 12:12:54 PM
"If almost a full turn Akadi," He began slowly, clearly thinking very hard to express himself to the best of his ability. "You here one (extends a long finger), near two (a second finger) stay, if back now three (a third finger). Full cycle for Istisha fastest. Need time find Holy."

Jarmok sat thinking and humming to himself for a long moment before he continued. "Fastest is long time. Maybe whole Grumbar cycle." He looked at Kit consolingly. "Friend not at death." He reasoned. "Speed maybe not ally? Patience maybe ally?"

"Share burden."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 17, 2005, 11:08:20 AM
Kit surrendered a small smile. ?Aldebaron is a few weeks north of here by foot. But I would not necessarily have to travel there. I just need to send a high priest there to restore my friend. My friend is more than capable of paying the priesthood for services rendered. It is a matter for me of simply finding a high priest capable and willing to do it.?

Kit seemed calmer as she added quietly, ?It is bittersweet to talk of this task, it is a heavy burden I carry.?
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 17, 2005, 09:18:49 AM
Quote from: green:3fa8f93430
Not sure how you go about making a connection from Seer to exploding creatures...[/color]

Quote from: Matt
... I would have to say that you and I are the most normal people around
...and I see visions, so all things consi... I mean uh... that is to say..." Laren Coughs...


Jamok's left eyebrow shot up at that.

"Need talk." He submitted to the two small people. "Kit you (pointing) think monster; Not true (negating shake of the head). Mercer helped me so not die. You (indicating both Kit and Laren) too help."

"Where Aldebaron?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 17, 2005, 08:37:42 AM
Laren, nearly shocked, blinked a couple times, and said, "A seer huh? That's pretty unusuall. You know I heard of a seer who... WAIT A SECOND! *YOU* made those things explode!!!" 8O  :!:

"Look, Kit, I have... I'm sure we ALL have seen some strange things in our time... I mean, I've never seen a wildlander before, " Laren stops to and glance are Jarmok "Or a... Jarmok..." Laren smiles briefly at Jarmok. "OR a ... Ragnor for that matter... I would have to say that you and I are the most normal people around, and you smell good when you are nervous and I see visions, so all things consi... I mean uh... that is to say..."

Laren Coughs...
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 16, 2005, 07:38:57 PM
I have edited a few sentences below to maintain a long-standing storyline (Laren's lack of knowledge on Kit's abilities.)

Kit stared at her new friend for long moments. Tears streamed down her face.

Laren thought to himself, I have never seen someone tear up so much without making a sound.

"I have a friend in Aldebaron. She needs a powerfull priest to restore her legs, otherwise she will never walk again." Kit looked at the ground, letting out a sob.

She then leaned nearer Jarmok and whispered, "The perfume scent was an emotion that just recently I learned to channel into a Seer power. I was losing control of it, so I had to focus to hold it in. I am so sorry." She looked over at Laren, "please don't think me a monster."

The others could not quite hear what Kit had said, but her tears stopped their questions.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 16, 2005, 12:21:46 PM
Jarmok looked as openly as he could at his friend, and said, "Trust you much. (Points to her) good. You not trust. Want help you, you hide. Modified 18 perhaps, but too much (thumps fists together in front of his face) not-right."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 16, 2005, 12:04:37 PM
Kit turned back towards where Jarmok still crouched by the fire.

"Do you not trust me Jarmok?" she asked, her voice breaking.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 16, 2005, 06:52:49 AM
Chocolate melting on his fingers, Laren says "Smell what?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 15, 2005, 10:19:52 PM
Jarmok shook his head sadly. "No trust. Smell not purr-fyoom." He poked disconsolately at the fire.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 15, 2005, 08:56:07 PM
"I um... I was really looking forward to a trip away that's all," Kit lied.[BLUFF: modified 18]

"I'm okay Jarmok. Can we go back to the Inn now Laren?" she said, turning to leave. A hint of jasmine still hung in the air.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 15, 2005, 08:24:37 PM
"gggg" Jarmok made a negating gesture. "Kit still..." he seemed to be searching for a word..."upset." He made a face that told her and Laren that this word did not have the right flavor for him, but he either couldn't find the right one or didn't know the right one. "What wrong? Scared? Why?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 15, 2005, 08:20:38 PM
Kit let out a small sigh.

"I guess we'll meet in the morning at the Inn. Want to walk back with me Laren?" Kit asked, her voice still empty.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 15, 2005, 08:16:42 PM
Jarmok watched critically as the wild woman so tersely left the fire. He watched Laren and Kit closely to ken their reactions to the other girl's manner and carriage.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 15, 2005, 08:13:40 PM
"Good."  Maal Brengain immediately turns on her heels and strides away from the house, following the path back towards the center of town.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 15, 2005, 08:13:36 PM
"Gggguh...Want use guard house for P'r-tektrit. Be no pee-pul day or two, but can't use for moon or two. Need to watch (he pointed two of his fingers at his own eyes), so no new pee-pul use."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 15, 2005, 08:10:06 PM
"That's all I have for now. Let's just go after Rawling tomorrow and take it from there." Kit said in a small voice. She appeared defeated in some way.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 15, 2005, 07:56:55 PM
"Ung." Jarmok grunted his agreement. "Trust. Raw-ling not wait. Too long now." The outlander was clearly dissapointed at some aspect of the unfinished business. "Is more?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 15, 2005, 07:54:05 PM
Kit heard Jarmok's words and her forced breathing slowed down.

"You are right Jarmok, I just need to be patient. Sorry." It took visable effort for Kit to open her eyes and unclench her fists, it was apparent to all that she was fighting some internal battle. She still had tears in her eyes.

"Tomorrow we will search out for Rawling then?" she asked in a whisper.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 15, 2005, 07:49:46 PM
"Well, as I said, I will go along if Julius, my employer, endorses it," Maal replies, her voice softening just a little bit.  "Yer idea is a noble one, Kit, if maybe a jus' lil' premature."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 15, 2005, 07:46:41 PM
"Is good." Jarmok stepped in quickly. "Have healer, Ashe. Learn, have more. Holies return soon. Hope. Say again: Grumbar gone (right hand held high), no healer (shrugging), some go. Need (meshing his fingers together) work 'gether."

He looked more closely at the young lady who seemed to be having so much inner trouble. He thumped his chest lightly, saying, "Have promise stay. Have owe." He then poked a long finger at Kit, saying "Need wait. Pay-shence. Holies be back. Meet haf-way?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 15, 2005, 07:37:58 PM
Kit sharply turned her head and looked at Jarmok. She bit her lip and began to stammer, "um, nothing is wrong...I just think that um...I think that we should look more into finding some priests is all."

She looked about the group. They stared back at her, like people watching a wagon wreck.

A single silent tear escaped from Kit. She looked down, her face flush once again. Her eyes cast down on the ground she whispered, "I just don't feel comfortable serving the town without healers around." She said as another tear escaped her.

Suddenly, a strong scent of jasmine became on apparent to all, drowing out the smell of warm chocolate and white candy. Kit visably shuddered. She then closed her fists and eyelids tight and began a quiet, but audible rythmic breathing.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 15, 2005, 07:31:31 PM
Maal Brengain only stands and watches silently...
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 15, 2005, 11:27:06 AM
Watching the dynamics of the small group, Jamrok became disconcerted; something was clearly different from what it seemed. He fixed the mercurial Kit with an inquisitive stare and asked, "Kit, what wrong?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 15, 2005, 07:29:29 AM
"How could they think all is normal, if they all left? They would...." Laren paused to suck some melted "Chocolate" from his finger.

"They would have stayed if all was normal. Besides, I'm sure they know what's best. They're probably watching over us with their priestly magic." Laren paused again and shuddered.

"Creepy Priests... Hey, what about some of that un-raised bread they were serving at the stup? Sort of like a cookie, but more like bread... that would be perfect to hold this stuff together. Anyone have any of that?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 15, 2005, 07:25:05 AM
"Should we um.... what if...." Kit was at a loss for words. She fidegeted as Laren showed Jarmok the dark looking candy.

When she spoke it was at a quicker pace, her voice revealing worry, "Well, what if they aren't aware of what occured here this past Venric. What if they think all is normal here....or something." There was a slight desperation to her voice now.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 15, 2005, 06:47:43 AM
Quote from: Dray
"But what if they are afraid or not able to return to us? Should we seek them out to evaluate the situation?" Kit said a little sharply.
If a whole mess of experience priests are afraid to be here, the I say we should be to. And if they are not able to come back, then I don't want to go waltzing over to see what's keeping them."

Laren paused for a moment and said in a slightly lighter tone, "Now, what I DO think we should do is put some of this brown sugary confection on some of that white goo candy." Laren digs into his jacket pocket and pulls out a bar of something wrapped in wax paper. "

I got this at the bakery. I forget what he called it. I noticed that as it gets warm it starts to melt though. Maybe we use something to hold the two together...?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 14, 2005, 10:13:35 PM
Maal Brengain stands tall holding her spear at arms length.  A small gust of wind suddenly blows her long dark hair across her face and she swiftly brushes it back over the top of her head with her right hand.

"Julius an' th' Council Members 'ave hired me to protect this town an' tha' is what I plan to do.  If they assign me to make th' trek to th' Valley an' escort some priests back to th' town, then so be it.  Otherwise, I plan to stay righ' 'ere an' collect me coins..."

After a pause, she adds with indifference, "Beyond that, I have no loyalty or obligation to this place or these people."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 14, 2005, 07:36:00 PM
"But what if they are afraid or not able to return to us? Should we seek them out to evaluate the situation?" Kit said a little sharply.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 14, 2005, 09:08:59 AM
"No anger." Jarmok holds a staying hand towards the incindiary wildlander. "Gentle night, why hurry?"

He then fluidly turned to Kit, saying, "Holy back when back. Laren right (gestures to the little man at the fire): Ashe good heal. Make babies, fix hurts."

Again he let out that long groan/sigh that seemed to serve so well as a place holder for him, eventually picking up the thread again. "Kit right too. Pee-pul need holy. (smirking widely) Some pee-pul." He corrected himself. "But valley long way (holding his right arm straight, indicating a southerly direction). If there (still pointing), not here (pointing emphatically to the ground)."

He looked around at the companions arrayed around the fire, their skin glowing ruddy in the dancing illumination. "No go (shaking his head slowly). Holy are wise (pointing to the side of his head). Be back when back (shrugging)." It seemed that Jarmok was finished with his speech, but he rather suddenly perked his head up and raised a long finger, adding: "When Grumbar gone, if Holy not back, we talk, maybe go, but not all. I stay to pro-tekt." He holds his arms wide, his palms up, as though in supplication.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 14, 2005, 07:02:30 AM
Laren became a bit uneasy. "Oh I dunno. There are medics for things like that, and any healing that's to be done Ashe seems to have under control. Bones heal themselves over time. Besides, priests make me nervous.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 14, 2005, 06:46:53 AM
Kit smiled at Laren. "Well, that's why I want to journey to the Valley. Julius said that the priests live in peace there. Since all of Theshold's places of worhsip are closed because of the Casters Disease, I was thinking that they may be reluctant to come back here. I was hoping we could convince them too."

She looked around at them all, her embarassment forgotten.

"We are going to need them here not only for our well being, but the health of the community as well. How else will every day malodies be cured? Babies be delivered? Broken bones be mended? Not to mention the blessing of the gods. Without the houses open for worship, have the gods turned a blind eye onto this city? Will this city survive such a curse?"

Kit had become animated in her speech, she was almost breathless when she finished.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 14, 2005, 06:37:09 AM
As if it had just become aparent to him, Laren says "Gee, you know, I haven't seen a priest in... well a long time, anyway."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 14, 2005, 04:55:26 AM
Kit looked down at the ground completely flushed with embarassment. Lightly brushing her chin with her hand she spoke again, at first in a whisper. "Where was I? Oh yes. Anyway, with our need for healing becoming more apparent, I was wondering if we could take a journey to acquire some priests for his city."

She looked at her fellows in the firelight, trying to gage a reaction. Not having one she continued, "I spoke to Julius, he knows of a place we could journey to if needed."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 13, 2005, 10:07:16 PM
With an exasperated sigh, Maal suddenly stands up again, flipping her spear upright into her left hand.  "Do ye have more that ye plan to discuss, or are we done, Kit?  I dinna come here to watch ye play with... with... whatever that is.  Please get to th' point."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 13, 2005, 01:21:42 PM
Jarmok laughed at Kit's predicament, but realizing the the youngster was embarrased, he rushed forward with thier night's purpose.

"More speak?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 13, 2005, 12:24:45 PM
8O
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 13, 2005, 12:22:21 PM
Kit took the white blob from Jarmok.

"Ow, it is hot," she exclaimed as she blew on it. All watched and waited for her to continue on the matters at hand while she tentatively licked the candy. She soon realized the error in her ways as the gooey white and sticky candy dripped down her chin.

OOC: ROFLMAO

She spent moments trying to harvest the stickiness with her tongue and fingers. Suddenly she realized she was being watched by everyone and her face went crimson.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 12, 2005, 09:59:07 PM
"Ick, it's all gooey!"  Laren's face goes sour.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 12, 2005, 09:53:31 PM
Quote from: Dray
"What is that Jarmok? It smells sweet!" She broke from her speech to ask her friend crouched by the fire.


"Candy." Jamok replied, holding the stick out toward Kit. "Eat." He prompted. "But hot."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 11, 2005, 01:10:18 AM
Quote from: Johan
"Look 'neeeth (again, looking at the wildlander, trying to master the word) circle b'for Kossuth?"


Maal nods once.  "Aye, beneath the Circle of All," she states for Jarmok's benefit.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 10, 2005, 06:48:26 PM
"Well that settles that. We should start looking tomorrow unless anyone has objections?" she asked, getting only stares of approval.

(OOC: At least I hope she did, as I do not want to beat a dead horse here, and we have more matters to attend too).

"I wanted to talk next of our abilities to heal ourselves. Many of you may know that many priests died in a recent plague, a Caster's Disease that swept the land. Well, with our need for healing becoming....more..."

"What is that Jarmok? It smells sweet!" She broke from her speech to ask her friend crouched by the fire.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 10, 2005, 03:11:15 PM
'*ugn*...what more?" Jarmok looked at Kit as he asked his question.

Abrublty he picked up a long slender stick from beside the fire and fitted a white amorphous blob on the end of it and then, using the stick as a holder, he held the blob over the fire so that only the longest tongues licked at the end, gently heating the white object.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 10, 2005, 09:26:23 AM
"I agree."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 10, 2005, 09:20:35 AM
"Look 'neeeth (again, looking at the wildlander, trying to master the word) circle b'for Kossuth?"

Jarmok looked expectantly at his companions, looking for assent (or even understanding).
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 10, 2005, 09:06:16 AM
"Nevermind, I'm exhausted...  Going a little crazy."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 10, 2005, 08:50:44 AM
Jarmok, shaking his head a little, looked quizzically across the fire at the halfling. "Huh?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 10, 2005, 08:47:52 AM
Quote from: Johan
Jarmok stopped talking for a moment at that point, but a long, low sound emitted from his throat, a kind of cross between a growl and a groan, as though he were holding his place while collecting his thoughts. Eventually, he spoke again.


"... Did you just purr?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 10, 2005, 08:43:05 AM
"*hrung*...should go to see tracks. Asked Julius for pik-sher make from kids." Jarmok waves his hand in front of his own face for emphasis. "Need know how Raw-ling look."

Jarmok stopped talking for a moment at that point, but a long, low sound emitted from his throat, a kind of cross between a growl and a groan, as though he were holding his place while collecting his thoughts. Eventually, he spoke again.

"Think Raw-ling not far. Need pee-pul. Warmer, more pee-pul, will be in cave. Should check all old places in town, and search forest too. Start 'neeeth (Jarmok looked at the wildlander as he tried the fit of her word on his tongue, and held his hand out, palm down, making a lowering gesture as he said the word) circle. Get know prints. Maybe luck, too." He shrugged as he said this last part.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 10, 2005, 08:38:22 AM
"Oh. Ok."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 09, 2005, 11:20:52 PM
"Me an' Jarmok spoke about this a few days ago [on Gorrish Gyth Aryor (http://griznuq.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=397)] an' we agreed we should start by looking beyond that door in th' tunnels beneath th' Circle of All.  Yet, it may already be too late, since so much time 'as passed now.  I think it's worth it to give it a look-see an' find out if Jarmok can still pick up any tracks there."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 09, 2005, 08:46:14 PM
"The Rat-man, who infected the three boys. Anyone got any leads?"

OOC: I am aware of all that occured in threads, but Kit isn't. This is a good chance for us to share the knowledge we've learned and steer towards the adventure of the next session.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 09, 2005, 06:50:34 PM
A little bleary eyed, Laren says "Who?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 09, 2005, 06:37:40 PM
Kit looked around nervously, embarassed to press the point, she changed subject.

"What of Rawling, what do we know so far? Where should we start hunting?" Kit looked around at the group, hoping this would re-spark interest in the meeting.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 09, 2005, 01:11:38 PM
"Yaaawwwnnnn"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 09, 2005, 09:26:48 AM
Quote from: Dray
Jarmok, do you think Julius will compensate us for any items that can't be returned to their original owners?"


"Haya. Not owned, ours." Jarmok submits. He then smiles wryly and adds, "Owned, not ours." He chuckles slightly at his word twisting.

"What else?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 09, 2005, 07:33:14 AM
Maal rolls here eyes upward, but says nothing further.  After laying her spear on the ground at her feet she sits cross-legged upon the ground a few feet from the fire and waits to hear Jarmok's response to Kit's question.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 09, 2005, 06:49:23 AM
Kit glanced at Maal with an annoyed frown, which, upon discovery, she quickly redirected to the ground.

"Actually there is quite a bit more. But back to the items we found," Kit paused. She was hesitant to persue the subject.

"I don't think we should just hand over everything we have found and will find back to the city. I am sure quite a bit of it will not find its original owner, especially if the previous owners were killed for it. Jarmok, do you think Julius will compensate us for any items that can't be returned to their original owners?" Kit asked, still staring at the ground, now pushing a small piece of wood around with her boot.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 08, 2005, 05:04:36 PM
Quote from: Matt
"I would gladly volunteer to bring these things back to their rightful owners!"


"nnngg...Julius." Jarmok disagrees with Laren. "Know pee-pul already."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 08, 2005, 04:31:26 PM
"Good," Maal nods once in satisfaction in response to Laren's statement.  "So, we be dun 'ere now, yes?  Or... was there more, Kit?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on June 08, 2005, 04:08:53 PM
"I would gladly volunteer to bring these things back to their rightful owners!"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 08, 2005, 09:33:16 AM
"hrrung...talked to Julius for Pik-sher. Know how RatMan look. Hunt in Morning. Should give Julius things. Back to owners. Maal right."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 07, 2005, 10:44:57 PM
Maal stares blankly at Kit, "I have no intention of tryin' to sell any of that stuff...  It ain't mine to sell.  I don' e'en know where any of it is.  So, when're we goin' to hunt down Rawling?  First thing in the morn?"  Maal breaks off her stare and glances around the fire from Kit to Laren to Jarmok one by one.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 07, 2005, 09:34:09 PM
"I think we should ask Julius to request a list of missing items from any and all villagers. We will return any items mentioned on that list. We can then divy up the rest." Kit said with a smile.

"After all, we wouldn't want to simply walk up to a store and try to sell everything we find, for all we know, we may have an item belonging to that very propriator. That would be embarassing." Kit said.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on June 07, 2005, 03:11:50 PM
Maal steps towards the warmth of the fire.  Her face and demeanor seems grim and her scarred face appears slightly contorted in the dancing firelight.

"I think we need to hunt down and kill Rawling as soon as possible.  As fer the items... Some of that belongs to that man Julius was talkin' to... Getty, yes?  I dunno who the rest belongs to... nor do I care much, either."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on June 07, 2005, 01:25:45 PM
Between breaths, puffing the fire to life, Jarmok says "Been hunting Rat-man..." *puff* "...not find. Need do fast." *puff* "Not have items..." *puff* "...thought you give back."

Jarmok sat back on his haunches and tended the burgeoning flames within his small fire pit. The night was full upon them and the sky was alight; Akadi, just past full and the smallest of the three moons, bathed the sky blue, its light playing with the quarter-full Istisha's green light while Grumar, which, like Akadi, was just past full (but was by far the largest of the three) sat bathing its two smaller brothers in its own tanish luminence. All three were waning.

Jarmok enjoyed watching the three orbs dance in the sky. Mercer had told him that Grumbar would disappear entirely come the next equinox and he was eager to see that - or not see it, he reminded himself entertainedly. At that equinox Akadi and Istisha would both be full, but Grumbar would be absent. At the other equinox, which had only just passed, all three were full.

Suddenly, he realized that he was drifting off on a sharp tangent and brought himself up. This would have to wait. He looked expectantly around at his companions to see if they had any thoughts on these two preliminary topics of Kit's.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on June 07, 2005, 12:46:36 PM
"No, this is fine Jarmok. Personally, I have been couped up inside during the long Venric anyway." Kit said as they surrounded the circle. Laren started making a wood teepee in the circle, and with a little help from Jarmok, soon had a nice fire going.

"This is much better." Kit said as she held her hands to the warm fire. She continued. " I wanted us to get together so we could talk about what we have done these past days, and what we plan to do. To name a few. Rawling the Rat Man is still on the loose and should be found. The items found on the boys we saved, have the owners been found?" she asked looking about the group.

"I have other questions, but let's start with those."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 31, 2005, 04:40:50 PM
It's in Dray's hands - he responded to an e-mail to that effect.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Wildfire on May 31, 2005, 04:29:02 PM
is this post going to continue?   :wink:
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 23, 2005, 04:28:23 PM
The scene spins into the camera, then out again, resolving in an exterior view of a rustic cabin situated in the solitude of the forest above Threshold.

Jarmok leads the way back over the Rosewalk bridge, out behind the shops and residences on the east side of Threshold. Leaving the night life and the noise behind the small company treds into the thicket, arriving within half-a-hand at Jarmok's estate.

"Is home." Jarmok said as they approached the small building. Grunting, he then drew the compaions' collective attention to a small fire circle several paces from the front of the cabin; a small pile of wood, apparently fuel for a fire was piled somewhat haphazardly next to the ring of stones. "Make fire, talk? Or too cold?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on May 23, 2005, 03:29:35 PM
"Well, then lead on, Jarmok."  Maal stares at Jarmok expectantly...
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 23, 2005, 02:04:27 PM
"Yeah" laren said.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 23, 2005, 01:59:14 PM
"Ugn." Jarmok nods his acquiescence.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 23, 2005, 01:56:28 PM
Kit stopped giggling behind her hand at Laren and said, "This is as good time as any to talk about a bunch of things we can do for this town. If none of you mind, let's go to Jarmok's home and get all our thoughts together."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 23, 2005, 09:25:21 AM
"Guard House not ready; maybe next month. Kit want quiet alone-place, Inn not good. Can go to Fire Spout if talk quick. If long talk, can go home."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 21, 2005, 12:08:28 AM
"Secrets??" Laren gets a grip of himself and decides he's drank enough. He dumps the rest out on a bush to keep from drinking it.

"There was a fly in it." He explains

"No, there are no secrets, but if someone should happen to hear something about were-rats or lizard men in the town, they may panic. Better to avoid that."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 20, 2005, 09:49:07 PM
Revealing a little more about himself than he meant to, Laren says "Too easy to hear through walls. People listen at inns all the time. Wouldn't wanna climb in a window with someone in there sharpening a knife."

Realizing what he just said, Laren stops putting the beer mug to his lips. "It's an old saying... I've heard it... from... someone else... who heard it from a blind turnip merchant... who was crazy..." (yep, a natureal 1 in bluff!)

changing the subject he says "Guard tower sounds like a better choice... How do you know it will be empty?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 20, 2005, 12:11:07 PM
"Sounds good to me Jarmok, as long as no-one else minds. I don't want to speak for anybody." Kit said, looking over his shoulder.

hehe - couldn't resist.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 20, 2005, 11:52:52 AM
Not to get back on topic or anything like that here, but...

"We maybe use guard house? Not empty yet, but good place. Empty soon. Now, I have home away from people. Use that?"

Jarmok stuffed more of the wonderfull meat into his mouth, looking for concensus from the companions.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Wildfire on May 20, 2005, 08:11:01 AM
Fraz wrote:
Quote
Point of note: Not trying to make a big deal out of something, but something I think we need to be careful about in these threads is dictating the actions of others through our role-playing.


this is a fair request. if something like this does occur i think it's easy enough to alter a post to suit what a player wishes to happen with their character.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 19, 2005, 02:08:56 PM
You know, I think I like the idea of the out of character comments being in a different color. Good thought.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 19, 2005, 01:15:23 PM
OOC: Can we stop right here, please?

I've got a thread going that happens earlier this day, and will likely have an impact on Jarmok's answer to this question.

I need to move forward with the "Jarmok Visits Julius" thread to have a good, proper answer.

Thanks.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 19, 2005, 11:59:02 AM
Kit was the first one out the door, the others exited intermittently. Except fot Kit, each one of them had grabbed whatever they were drinking and eating, following Laren's lead.

It was a cool night, the roar of the reverie was becoming so fervent that Kit walked a block away from the Stump.

She turned to find Jarmok behind her, plate of venisen in hand. A disgruntled Maal was right behind him, looking over his shoulder at the meat.

"Where should we go my friend?" she asked Jarmok.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 19, 2005, 09:08:43 AM
Laren raises his mug in a "That's the spirit" type of gesture. "After all, I did bring back that apron!"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 19, 2005, 09:00:19 AM
Jarmok stuffs a large piece of meat into his mouth, grabs mug and plate, and follows along. Through his food he grunts in agreement with Laren.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 19, 2005, 07:32:24 AM
Laren gets up readily. "I'm sure they could use this table anyway."

Heading for the door, Laren quickly turns around and grabs his ale. "What?" he says as everyone looks at him, leaving the stump with the mug. "I'll bring it back!"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 18, 2005, 08:26:58 PM
Kit was now completely annoyed. The tavern had unexpectedly turned into a very bad decision.

"Okay all, let's get out of here."

She picked up a bag that was sitting under her chair and headed for the door.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on May 18, 2005, 05:38:13 PM
Annoyed, Maal turns and heads back to the table without another word to the halflings in the kitchen.

"They're all drunk in there," she reports to Kit, Laren and Jarmok.  "Well, let's get outside, at least,"  she continues.  "Then we can either talk out there, or head back to my room at the inn if ya like."

She takes a long pull from the tankard and then wipes the foamy ale from her lips with her arm.  After setting the mug down on the table, she leans over to retrieve her spear and shield, which are laying on the floor nearby.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 18, 2005, 05:06:57 PM
Jarmok fidgets as the room grows louder by the moment.

"Take food go?" He cocks his head towards the door.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 18, 2005, 04:41:30 PM
Laren sighs to himself and shakes his head... "If everyone KNOWS we want to talk in private, they are going to want to know what we are saying."

Laren takes a deep breath. "Hey, we could just go, and Kit, you could leave Maal another letter to tell her where we went!" Laren shoots a sky wink at kit to show he was kidding.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Wildfire on May 18, 2005, 04:40:19 PM
Maal peers in and sees 3 drunken halflings cooking food that smells fantastic. The three look up to her while laughing and cheering and raise their mugs to her and one of them shouts, "heeeere's to the wid-wid-wideladner girl! May she always wear a short skirt! WOOHOO!" after laughing the one who spoke says, "sorry pertty girl, i mean no bad toos you...s'jusa joke...Garry and Eldan are out on de floor jiggin' to der tunes...the five of us are watching...er, and drinking in the kitchen. s'alright...we da cooks..." the other other two are laughing themselves into fits listening to this obviously punchy halfling.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: fraz on May 18, 2005, 04:08:21 PM
Maal approaches the kitchen of the Stump and trusts her head through the doorway, searching for one of the twin halflings...

"Garret?  Eldon?" she calls again over the noise.  "Do ya have a back room or somesuchthing that we can use to talk in private?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 18, 2005, 08:55:41 AM
Quote from: Matt
Laren turns his attention to Jarmock. "You seem uneasy.
Not a fan of crowds?"


Jarmok emits a protracts grunt..."more people, less thinking. Trouble, usually."

Jarmok hunches down at the table and tears a peice of vennison in his teeth. "Other quiet places for talk." He says around his meat. "Spoke with Julius this morning. Need finish thread before this one moves forward." :D
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 17, 2005, 09:53:52 PM
"Oh, I dunno" Laren said. "Seems to me this IS style!"

Laren turns his attention to Jarmock. "You seem uneasy. Not a fan of crowds?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 17, 2005, 09:36:28 PM
"You have to admit, she lacks in style, but the girl gets things done," said Kit with a laugh.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 17, 2005, 09:21:41 PM
Laren suggests "Maybe Julius could suggest a good place to speak in private."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 17, 2005, 08:53:42 PM
"Well then maybe that should be the first order of business. We need a meeting place, one that is quiet and away from all this." Kit said to Jarmok. She was already raising her voice as it was quickly becoming quite the fest hall.

She thanked Paladine that the others had shown up when they did. She could already feel the eyes dancing over her. There was quite an alarming amount of males and very little females in this place.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 17, 2005, 01:40:50 PM
"BBBRAAAAP!!" Laren blushes...

"Goodness... excuse me..."

 :oops:
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Wildfire on May 17, 2005, 01:13:49 PM
Garret with the dexterity of the wind dances and dodges his way among the patrons that are drunkenly moving about. he arrives to your table. "My stars and gardens it's BUSY! well i have your drinks and eats for you good miss some milk and for you Jarmok some ale and spiced venison. Enjoy the music! It's good to have you here!" as you see Garret pass the table next to you you see him reach up to a full mug of ale and quite nonchalantly lift it off of the table and walk away wihile drinking the ale.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 17, 2005, 01:00:23 PM
"Thornhedge busy too."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 17, 2005, 12:52:18 PM
"Well Jarmok, I think it should be private. I think it in the best interest of the good citizens of Threshold that they not worry what the Protecterate has to do to keep them safe. I don't want to alarm them unnecessarily, and the 'loose ends' that we need to address may do exactly that." Kit said.

"Let's just enjoy the festivities, eat a good meal, and walk over to the Inn to talk?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 17, 2005, 12:31:29 PM
Quote from: Dray
"Maybe we should just quickly eat and drink, then had back to the common room of the Inn to talk to one another?" she asked the group.


"Ung." Jarmok agreed, nodding. "Too noisey. Is private talk?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 17, 2005, 12:26:12 PM
Kit looked like a deer staring down a Ranger at point-blank range. First Garret had uncharacteristically hit on her, and now a band of minstrels had burst in. The room was also a LOT busier than it had been for the past few nights. Now that she finally had almost the entire Protecterate together, she didn't think they would get very far in their conversation.

As it was it looked like Jarmok was ready to burst from the room and to the safety of the outside.

"Maybe we should just quickly eat and drink, then had back to the common room of the Inn to talk to one another?" she asked the group.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Wildfire on May 17, 2005, 12:18:03 PM
"Oh my dear, sweet, lovely, young, well figured girl! please excuse the blunder! It's busier here than it has been in months. I'll get you your milk and an ale for Jarmok...and...what was it that you wanted....hmmm....oh yes! Peppered venison. Got it!" he smiles a wide grin and winks at Kit and makes a clicking sound with his tongue. As Garret dodges off, the front door opens once again. From one corner of the tavern Eldan shouts out, "Ah, they made it! Sardior be praised!" The troupe of 4 (2 gnomes, a halfling, and a female half elf) are carrying musical instruments. One of the gnomes has a flute, the other gnome has a mandolin, the halfling carries a bodran, and the half elf has a fiddle. As the Half elf gets into the door she immediately starts to scratch out a quick rythm on her strings.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 17, 2005, 12:05:48 PM
"No more wound." Jarmok answered. "Gone yesterday."

He firmly pats his shoulder that had been so badly damaged in the mines, then Kit, saying "I am late? Have talk?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 17, 2005, 11:53:58 AM
Laren regards Jarmok a little nervously. "How's the wound healing?" Laren's eyes shifted to the spot of the wound caused by the last creature to explode.

0.o
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 17, 2005, 10:22:20 AM
Jarmok watched the sun slide beneath the westwall, as he has come to refer, if only to himself, to the mountains to the west of Threshold. Mahiya is surely the most gifted of artists. He mused as he watched the hue-splotched sky deepen from its native cyan through rose to thick violet and beyond. He watched the stars come alive, filtered through high tendrils of cloud and reflected in the lights that winked at him from the streets and through the windows of the village below.

A cool mountain air carried the scent of Sythus and the sounds of tree frogs racketed an otherwise silent evening. He wondered idly what tonight's sleep will bring him; he wondered sullenly where he would awaken in the morning...

At last, the night in full swing, he gathered his thick, dark, woolen Sythus cloak and sprang down from his porch. Kit had mentioned that she wanted to speak at the stump, but he had neglected to find out exactly when. Hopefully earlier rather than later; or very late, for that matter.

Bounding down the hillside into Threshold he wrapped himself deep in his cloak and hurried across the Rosewalk (I think) to the Stump. Something was amiss this night...there were too many people.

The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end.

Approaching the Stump he cracked open the door and slid inside, closing the door quietly behind him. The noise was deafening; a myriad of scents assailed him: meat roasting, smoke from pipes, perfumes, bread. He peered through the many pairs of eyes searching for his fellows. Laren's voice carried over the conversation in the Stump, "...Those things were GUH-Ross!!" Jamok smiled to himself, For such a small person, Laren's voice certainly carries far enough.

One of the innkeepers, Jarmok couldn't distinguish between the two, emerged from behind the bar bearing three over-sized tankards of ale - that was a drink that Mercer had introduced Jarmok to over Venric; it appeared to be an acquired taste that Jarmok was just now becomming used to, though it required some kind of spiced meat to be truly enjoyed.

The innkeeper carried the drinks over to a corner of the inn where Jarmok at last espied Kit, Maal - the seemingly honorable and strikingly blunt wildlander, and Laren - whom Jarmok had yet to understand, but as secretive as this diminutive fellow seemed, Jarmok sensed no directed animosity from him, and so thought that he was likely as much in need of help as anyone.

This must be the time. Stealing a quick glance at the inn's patrons, all seemed innocuous enough; Jarmok threaded his way over to the corner table and took up a seat against one of the walls, nodding to the three freinds sitting there and glancing again around the room.

"Drink?" He requested of the small inkeeper, indicating the frothing tankards that had just been set down. "And vennison, spicey?"

"Could I get another milk?" Kit piped in.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 17, 2005, 09:34:41 AM
Laren makes a face "Milk and I do NOT get along... Last time I had a glass of milk, I cleared the room! It was like week old barn waste!"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 17, 2005, 07:22:58 AM
Kit pushed the ale, Garret placed in front of her, over to Maal. He truly must be rushed, as he knew she didn't drink spirits.

"Could I get another milk?" she asked.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Wildfire on May 17, 2005, 07:03:35 AM
Garret comes out from behind the bar holding three large mugs of frothing ale. The mugs seem almost too big for his little hands but he somehow manages to bring them over. He approaches the table and steps upon the stool and hands each of you your mugs of ale. "Here you go! Sorry about the wait. With the increase of people coming in I didn't expect to empty the barrel so quickly. So, some of the servers and I had to go below and fetch another barrel." As he mentions the traffic in the tavern it suddenly dawns on you that the place is fuller than you you're used to.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 16, 2005, 10:02:41 PM
OOC: I have edited the first post to read the date of this little dinner party, May 4th 237 VY. I have coordinated this date with Wildfire.

IC: "I have no idea what else might be down there. I sure hope that there isn't anything tougher than what we have fought so far." Kit said. Trying not to stare at Maal's teeth, she sipped her milk.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 16, 2005, 06:44:15 PM
Laren shudders somewhat dramatically. "Those things were GUH-Ross!!"

"I wonder what else they have down there?? Any clue what sort of company those things keep??"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 16, 2005, 01:29:40 PM
Kit almost missed what Laren was saying. She was worried that a full group may not arrive. After all, Jarmock didn't have a room at the inn and was therefore difficult to contact. The new northerner was missing again, most likely lost in town, not able to remember where the inn was. And Ragnar was not in his room this morning. She had knocked and knocked on his door to no avail. She wondered if he was in some sort of trouble?

Kit broke from her concern, realizing that Laren, Paladine bless him, had picked up on her intention to keep Maal distracted until the drink arrived.

Breaking from her worry she said, "Yeah, we really ought to explore that place further. What do you think Maal?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Johan on May 16, 2005, 12:51:34 PM
OOC: Pardon me, just thought y'all should know that Himo has very restricted compluter time during the week (especially this one). He will not likely have the opportunity to see this thread for a long time.

As you were...
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 16, 2005, 12:51:27 PM
"PFFFFF YEAH! Where did they come from anyway??" Laren realized that Kit was trying to derail Maal, and tried to help with the ruse.

"You know, I have a hard time believing that they just strolled into Threshold and took up residence down there... That means that cave must lead to something more undreground."

In his intentional ramblings, Laren realized that this thought was a very valid one. "Gee, I wonder how deep that cave DOES go?" Laren wondered alloud in a suddenly concerned voice.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 16, 2005, 12:36:32 PM
"Well, I really wanted to discuss a few things," said Kit still too intimidated by Maal's glare to look up.

She continued, as her fingers played with the handle of the mug, "but I was hoping I could talk to everyone at once. So we can get all opinions on the table."

She winced as she saw the kitchen door open as Garret almost came in. He had his head turned, talking to someone in the kitchen. Half-way through the door, he spun around and went back into the kitchen.

Kit looked at Maal.

"So. How about those troglow...dites, is that how you say it?" she asked Laren, trying to distract Maal from her thirst.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 16, 2005, 07:44:58 AM
Kit looks back and forth from Maal and Laren.

"Well, Ragnor and our new northern friend should have gotten word. As I had told Julius earlier today about this little meeting. Hopefully between that and my little notes they got word. I spoke to Jarmock yesterday morning as well, so he too should be coming." Kit said.

Upon Maal's gaze she uncomfortably looked back at her milk.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 13, 2005, 04:55:37 PM
"I'm not drinking anymore" Laren said again. "And I'm not drinking any less either!"

"So uh," Laren goes on, seeming not to even think his own joke was worth listening to. "Where are the others, any idea? I haven't seen anyone else since yesterday."
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 13, 2005, 02:02:43 PM
Laren pounds his fist on the table softly and says "You know what? I've just decided I'm not going to drink anymore!"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Dray on May 13, 2005, 01:23:11 PM
Kit, taken aback by Maal, flushes and stares at her milk.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 12, 2005, 08:49:56 PM
Laren relaxes a little bit. "Indeed," He says emptying his glass. "Two is my limit though." Laren motions to Garret. "Two more please!" Laren giggles to himself.
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 12, 2005, 08:18:36 PM
Laren's face goes pale like a child just caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Uh, H-Hiya Maal." Laren smiles widely. "Beautiful night we're having, no?"
Title: Dinner at the Stump
Post by: Griznuq on May 12, 2005, 04:30:55 PM
Laren turns from Garret and sees Kit at the table alone. A local teen boy sits down at the table across from Kit.

Laren gets up from the bar and heads over to the table. He climbs up onto a chair next to the boy. "Hi darlin, I got the note you left for me this morning." Laren sits, swinging his legs. "Will you be joining us for a meal tonight? They make this cow's brian stew that is just to die for! You should probably just try a little of course, in case you don't like it. I've seen some people not like it, and let me tell you, it aint pretty. I suppose it doesn't help much that what comes up from them looks just like the stew."

Laren watches the boy, a little queezy get up and leave the table. With a sly wink at Kit, Laren tilts his drink back.

"What's on your mind lass?"