- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.27.2132 - Awakening to a Nightmare

Started by Dray, June 26, 2008, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

While Temmit's dormitory roommate Filch slept, he laid awake thinking into the early hours of Healday (Thursday). The many events of the past weekend still hindered him with their jumbled chaos. Looking back on it, he realized that he would always mark it as the time that everything started into motion. For how could it all not change now? Something big was coming, and he wanted to be prepared for it, and sleep was the least of his concerns.

But he then fell asleep.

He awoke hands later to the gentle mental nudge of Smokey.
'It's just Renee, don't be alarmed.' he warned.

Temmit opened his eyes, his heart suddenly racing despite the warning. He quickly realized that he must have dozed off, his exhausted mind sneaking past the enigma of his often stalking nightmare without it spying him.

It was pitch dark in the room, he guessed it was still very early in the morning, perhaps 5 dawnhand.

'I don't see her.' he pathed back to Smokey, wondering what she was doing in his dorm room.

'Yet she is there. She is invisible, but I think she touched me to let me know of her presence and so I would wake,' Smokey said.

Just then Renee, whispered in his ear. It was so dark, he had no idea if she had come out of her invisibility or not, but he could smell and sense her body warmth, as she was really close to him.

"Temmit," her voice barely overcame the noise of the wind outside, and Filch slept ignorant of her presence.

Johan

Temmit lay still on his cot, his heart still beating too fast.

"Yes? I'm awake." He whispered. His suspicious mind didn't let him believe that it was truly Renee...there were too many dynamics going on.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

"Do not be alarmed, but I have bad news and we have to move quickly. We will need to work together today," Renee replied in a whisper.

Temmit's heart dropped, within the minutia of the tones in her voice he heard deep concern...something really bad was afoot.

And although Renee had never been in his room before, as he achieved full consciousness, he knew it was her.

Johan

Dray

She put a hand on his shoulder to steady him as she said, "Leslie has gone missing."

Johan

That explains the end of the last Thread.

"I understand." He said, surpressing his emotions. He was sure that Renee picked up the difficulty with which he did so, knowing him as she did. "Where do we start?"

Dray

"Allow me a moment to catch you up," Renee whispered quickly. "Leslie had been expected at her parents Inn last night (Warday - Wednesday) for a late family dinner to celebrate her younger sister's 10th birthday, she never arrived."

"Mr. Marks, of course, knows full well of his daughter's involvement in Whisper and sent a runner immediately to me. Not wanting to get the Capital City Guard involved since she may be on Whisper duty."

"I rushed to their family tavern (Can't Get There From Here) and immediately informed Mr. Marks that she wasn't on any special mission. After conferring with him, I asked him to hold off on alerting the Guard, and set out to find her."

"I have found no trace of Leslie and now I need your help, for it will be dawn soon, and the Truancy Office will become aware of her absence. A fact that will make finding her all that more difficult and bring her unwanted attention should she be okay." Renee swallowed hard at the alternative to her last statement.

"I went to Leslie's dorm and rummaged through her things, I came across her diary and of course read it for clues. Luckily she is as chatty with her confidence in the page as she is in person. It gave every indication that she would be at the party as soon as classes ended on Warday, and then walk to the Theater District for a show that she wanted to see there. She didn't tell her parents she was going there and felt very guilty about lying to them. But that is where she wrote in her diary that she said she was going to go, some acrobatic performance named "Cirque'Du'Solei"."

"I went to that theater first obviously and found no trace of her. So I moved on and spent the entire night checking out the myriad of places Leslie could be, to no avail. When curfew ended, I spent some capital in my local contacts to be able to stay on the streets so I could look for clues. I am very daft, as I am afraid I didn't find a single thing."

Johan

"All right. I think the best place to start might be with Mia." He whispered, rising from his bed as quietly as possible.

"Unless you have any other thoughts?"

Dray

"First things first", she said as she pushed a hand on his chest to make him lie back down.

"In less than two hands the clock tower chimes for roll call. I want you to take this potion I am putting in your right hand." Temmit subsequently felt her hand fumble for his, apparently she was as blind as he was, and then she deposited a small vial into it.

"Take it now please," she said.

Johan

"You better be sure that this is Renee." Smokey cautioned.

Temmit concentrated hard on Renee for a moment, his suspicious mind not letting go of the notion that this was not Renee.

Empathy, please.

Dray

Temmit felt the familiar warmth of Renee's mind, within it he found compassionate worry and concern mixed with anxiety and fear.

Johan

"Ok." he whispered. "And sorry." He opened the vial and drank it's contents.

Dray

It tasted absolutely vile.

"This potion is going to make you sick and spike your body temperature up, you may even vomit."

Johan

"Why, then, do I want to take it? To get out of role call?"

Dray

"Yup."

"In all the months I have had needed to use this potion, I have never had a student resident (OOC: in Temmit's his name is Gerald Baxter) declare a student fit for duty[/i]. This draught makes you very ill, and will allow you to get excused."

Your stomach felt like it was getting heavy, this was not a preferred way to start the day.

"This next potion," and with that whisper another slipped into his hand, "is the anti-dote. Please do not take it until the S.R. declares you unfit?"