- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Seeking Solace

Started by Wildfire, July 25, 2006, 01:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

[color=green:84408f4890]I beg to differ. Yes, you do have that note, but that is after Maccabeus had left, not before he was summoned. Well, actually, it is before he was summoned by Vallenwood, but Jarmok had summoned him there the night before and Maccabeus babysat Kit for the night.

Dray's very first post on that page of that thread states that it is now 11:00 am.

Take a closer look and tell me if I'm wrong.[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

[color=green:ec5abbbbe7]If you look at page 12 of Kit's Life about the fourth post down I injected a note saying when this thread occurs during that epidode.
Maccabeus has not yet been summoned.[/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

[color=green:694c58434e]OK. Thanks. Take note that Maccabeus and Wolf are still there at this point, and in fact, as noted in Kit's Life, Ashe is still asleep at 5:00 am.

How do we want to proceed?[/color]

Griznuq

[color=green:f797c249be]This is probably about 4:30-5:00am before we head off to rivercliff.[/color]
=]V[=

Johan

[color=green:12439c55a0]Sorry to intrude folks. I'm trying to assess the exact timing of this thread...I think that there's a disconnect:

It clearly begins on Duthash Dracum Fehy [14 May][/color] [color=red:12439c55a0]as noted here.[/color]

[color=green:12439c55a0]However, a few posts before it is noted that the time is now 11:00 am. At 11:00 am on Duthash Dracum Fehy the gang is already pretty close the River Cliff Keep.

If we were to back up and cause this to occur earlier, then Maccabeus might still be present, since he was at Ashe's until 8:00 am.

The log for Session 13: Return to River Cliff Keep starts in "the morning". Exactly what time isn't listed so there's a bit of room, but my sense was that session 13 started earlier than 8:00, since it is a half-day's journey to RCK and they would want an early start.

Help, please.[/color]

Griznuq

"Ah, to be honest, I've never really had much tea. I'll trust your judgement."

Laren's attention again fell on kit. "So uh, how's she doing?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe smirked and said, "Your grandfather had excellent taste then."

Ashe turned and started to walk to his kitchen saying "That is a delicate tea imported from Sargonnas..." his voice lessened a bit as he turned the corner and went out of sight,  "...far to the north from here. It's a tropical sort of place you know."

Laren could see a score of wet rags hanging around the fire and Kit lying on the bed in her distressed state. The room smelled a bit like washing soap and lavender. The work table was covered in jars and mixing bowls. The place was in fantastic diarray. Except for the floor. The floor was still clean from the blood and mess. Laren did a better job mopping it than he may have thought.

Ashe came from back around the corner holding a small leather pouch and two metal filters and continued, "But to answer your question, yes I do have some. Is there any particular sort of way you like it prepared?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren had never liked tea in the past, but for some reason he found the idea more than appealing. "Why yes, I would love a cup of tea. My grandfather used to drink tea a lot..." he was struggling to remember the kind. "It was imported, I think. Stonefruit tea, that's what it was! Do you have any of that?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe looked at Laren with profound curiosity. He had seen the look of someone that had just discovered the answer to a vexing question.

"You seem to have stumbled upon something, yes? Oh, would you like some tea or some other drink?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Sorry to bother... again... Fact is that I was sleeping, but the bed in which I found myself was home to many pests." Laren scracted the bug bites on the side of his face.

"Ashe," he started. "Out of... mere curiousity... I see how these, what was it? Psi crystals? ... are made. Why would anyone want to make one? I see no advantage to these things... This blasted eye," Laren unconsiously patted the pouch at his side, "has brought nothing but pain to anyone. Why woul... Oh," he said as the though sunk in. "They want it for that purpose, don't they?"

The sheer malice with which some people acted never ceased to amaze the halfling. Perhaps he was a bit to naive.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe approached the door. His footsteps sounded heavy. Usually Ashe was silent as the grave when he walked.

The door opend and Ashe said, "You're back. This is unexpected. I figured with the exhaustion painted on your face when you left you'd be sleeping like the dead! Please, come on in." Ashe stepped aside and swung his arm out as if to sweep the way for Laren's entrance.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren's momentary comfort was chased quickly away by the sight of Kit. Ugh, what a disaster... and here I am feeling sorry for myself...

For a moment Laren was ashamed. That too went away when he reminded himself that just because someone else had worse problems didn't mean that his own weren't important. He even tried to justify that though by reminding himself that he told her not to touch the crystal.

The halfling shook his head for the umpteenth time since returning to Threshold. That damned crystal. Everything came down to that damned crystal. Why would anyone want this thing? All it does is make things complicated and inconvenient. It'd be better off destroyed.

Like a thunder bolt rumbling through a peaceful valley, the idea slammed into Laren's head. He gasped audibly at the revalation. He had to destroy the eye. He knew in the pit of his belly that he had to do this.

After a moment or two, the little fellow realized that Ashe had stopped what he was doing and was simply watching the thoughts boil across Laren's unarmored face.

Knowing what he had to do made him feel like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. Now he just had to figure out how to do it.

He stood up straight and managed a convincing smile. He motioned to Ashe to make sure the door was unlocked this time.
=]V[=