- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Human Skills

Started by Wildfire, November 04, 2005, 01:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

I've given it some thought and I've decided (based on discussions in the past) that Humans in my Campaign World will not suffer the point penalty of Cross-Class skills. In other words humans will not pay double the skill points for skills that aren't allowed by their class.

Anyone who has a human in my Campaign right now that has taken cross-class skills please feel free to make the proper adjustments.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

Yep...so if you haven't updated Kit you should.   :wink:
Wildfire

Dray

Nice!

1 point = 1 rank.

Max. rank is level +3

Griznuq

There's the answer! Splendid.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Oh...now i understand the Q.

The max rank humans can get for all skills is the level+3.
Wildfire

Griznuq

That's what he said... but he's asking if the max still stays low. I imagined that it would not because the only reason it's low to begin with is because 1 skill point = 1/2 a rank... '

If you think that getting rid of the cross class... ness... all together would over-balance, a thought might be to make 1 skill point = 1 rank, but keep the maximum ranks per level low on the skills that were cross classed...

For example, you can buy two ranks at first level using two skill points, but if the skill was cross class, then you can only buy 2 ranks at first level.

See what I mean?
=]V[=

Wildfire

Aye...you are correct sir. For humans there is no such thing as a cross class skill
Wildfire

Griznuq

OOoo, that's a good question...

/me waits in eager anticipation.
=]V[=

Dray

To clarify, page 62 of the PHB says that for every point you spend on a skill, you get a 1/2 rank. That I assume is not longer, 1 skill point = 1 rank point.

However, is the maximum rank in cross-classed skills also raised?

In other words, at first level (human) can I have a maximum rank in a class skill of 4 and a maximum rank in a cross-class skill of 4?