- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kit's Life

Started by Dray, March 19, 2006, 12:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe tapped his head and pointed at Jarmok, "Good question. Let me get you something." Ashe reached up to a tall jar on his shelf and unlatched the top. He pulled out a dried green reed. He walks to Jarmok and hands him the tube. "Here, this should help her to drink." Jarmok noticed that the reed was covered with a thin coating of bees wax.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Jarmok, gently stroking Kit's fine blond hair, listened intently to the half conversation that went between Laren and Ashe. He accepted the mug from the herbalist and stared at it. He then looked to Kit, still resting belly-down on her bed.

"How drink?" He asked perplexedly. "Have straw?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Ashe glanced at Kit in her quick fit of pain.

"In order to truly appreciate us I guess you'd have to be a little cracked yourself, eh?" Ashe laughed as it felt good to release his emotion. It reminded him to take the recent events in stride and to keep an even keel. He went over to the pouch and picked it up. He looked at it as he held it in his hand. Tightening the drawstring further he hands it back to Laren and says, "They'll be time enough to visit back on my past. It's time I focused on the present and the future." Ashe winked at Laren and smiled.

He grabbed a mug and went to his water barrel. He scooped water into the mug and handed it to Jarmok. "Try as best you can to get her to drink some water. The cloths are starting to lose their potency. The water will keep her hydrated and help keep her temperature down. I need to make some medicines that will help her. Keep a close eye on that blister."

He turns to Laren, "Laren, you wanted to learn more about herbs. We've gone out looking for them a few times but now it's time to learn how they're made and used. Are you ready to learn some more?"
Wildfire

Dray

Kit stirred in her sleep, a spasm took her and wracked her upper back and with heavy stuttered breath she moaned and clenched her fists together in pain. As quick as it had come it ended and she slipped back into unconsciousness, never having fully wakened.

Griznuq

Laren wished he was surprised by the older man's confession. Two weeks prior, he would have been.

"Funny how we just happen to end up in the same town. There should be a sign on the road "Threshold welcomes all who have an excess of drama and or turmiol in their lives!"

Laren cracked a half grin in spite of himself and stretched his arms out wide. "Do you have enimies on your heels?? Come on out! Do you have mental issues? We want you here!" Laren got a little louder as he looked at Jarmok. "Don't even know the name of your race?? Well this is the place for you!!"

He chuckled at himself. "Truely a bag of mixed nuts we are!"
=]V[=

Wildfire

"I understand your caution Laren...truly I do. Now, I'm not the brother of any one named Crimson...but I am the brother of the man that made the crystal. So believe me when I say that I don't want harm to come to anyone because of it either." Ashe walked to the window and stared out into the night. "As a matter of fact I tried to keep it hidden from the rest of the world...apparently I failed." Ashe said.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren felt the exhaustion in Ashe's voice, but made no appologies for his caution.

"I'm not doubting your abilities or questioning your intentions Ashe, but you must understand... This has been left in my charge by the dying wish of my father. I will not let this thing into the wrong hands or allow it to cause anymore damage than it has already on account of me or my father." Laren's gaze shifted to Kit on the table.

Laren unhitched a pouch that hung from his belt. He put the pouch down on the counter top next to where Ashe stood, and took a step back. He wasn't sure if he should be irritated or not with Ashe's tone, but he was.

"Don't forget, I know next to nothing about you. Realistically, you could be Crimson's brother for all I know."
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe glowered at Laren, "I've held it before Laren. It's already familiar to me. I just want to bury any doubt of it's authenticity. So, may I see it? I'll give it back to you, I promise" Ashe seemed slightly saddened at speaking of it and held his hand toward Laren in expectation of it's deliviery.
Wildfire

Griznuq

"You know," Laren said. "With the way the visions came to us, she could be seeing exactly who awakened."

Laren let the thought sink in a little before he said, "Being a... what was it Levin said? Seer? Whatever she is, she seems more sensitive to these psychic things. Maybe it's just showing her more than it showed me."

"Ashe, are you sure you want to see the eye? I've been tempted now and then to bring it back out myself, but I question the wisdom of doing so. On the one hand, it's already left a mark on me. On the other, how deeply is it etched?"

Laren looked at kit. "If it's capable of doing that to her, what can it do to me?" He looked at Ashe meaningfully and said, "Or you?"
=]V[=

Dray

[11:35pm - I know it seems like more time is passing bye then this would indicate, but if you read the posts since I said 11:30pm, time really hasn't passed]

Dray

Kit did not stir during the noise of Ashe's tyrade.

"Sleep is argumentative isn't it little one, for I doubt you are getting much rest at the moment," Ashe whispered as reached down and removed the cloth over the offending wound.

Jarmok gruntled in startlement at the size the wound had grown in such a short time. It now looked impossibly large, bloated with bluish blood to a full hand thickness. The skin surrounding the wound was bright pink and had bubbles of puss in places. Below the wound, a concave impression was now where her tailbone used to be [having sunk into her body].

Though Kit's muscles were still cramped in many places throughout her upper back, the shivering had subsided. Her body was becoming overheated again for the ointment from the cloths was starting to finally surrender.

Wildfire

Ashe shoots a glance towards Kit. "You're right Jarmok...the voice from the sky. We don't know what may be happening with her. Her ability is extremely sensitive right now and she could very well be picking up on certain energies. Or...she just may be reliving her memory of hearing the voice. Oddly enough, she could be speaking of herself."

He looks down to the floor and and says, "I just don't know. Right now her only way out of this is to go through it...painful as that may be...for all of us."

Ashe's thoughts were suddenly refocused so much that he even forgot that he had asked Laren to see the Eye. He raises his arms, looks up and says, "Why!? Why, will you not give me any peace? Even now, after you're gone, you're still making pain! Why didn't you listen to me!!" After speaking, Ashe slams his fist onto his work table causing the jars on it to jump and some to tip over spilling their contents. Laren and Jarmok noticed that he had snapped the edge board causing it stay tilted towards the middle.

Clearly, Ashe was experiencing a flood of varied emotions and was dealing with each one as they hit him. He shakes his head from side to side and says, "Laren...Jarmok...I apologize for that. You should not have had to witness that. Right now our focus is Kit...right now our focus is Kit...right now our focus is Kit."

Ashe walks to the bed that Kit is lying on and says, "Let's see how her situation is..."
Wildfire

Johan

Quote from: Dray"I...have...awakened."

Jarmok perked up, rigid and sudden. "Ung." He grunted. "Not good. Kit say 'I have awakened'. But...not know if Kit." He craned his neck and looked anxiously at Ashe. "Same words as sky last year?"

He seemed to consider for a moment. "Might be mem'ry. Might not..."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Jarmok, listening to the conversation but watching Kit, watched as her mouth started to move as if speaking even though she was will still in a fitfull sleep.

Although her voice was but a strained whisper, the grand statement she made, and the manner of speaking each word at length, was one that sent a chill down his spine.

"I...have...awakened."

She slept on and made no sound after.

Griznuq

Laren furrowed his brow and continued to look Ashe in the eye.

"Only if you are certain that it's wise. I'd rather not have it out in the open."
=]V[=