Main Menu

A Dark Ally

Started by Wildfire, March 18, 2007, 10:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

"Good day - or evening, I suppose - to you Master Severen." Maccabeus answered. "I'm sorry for the intrusion, but there are things afoot that I think might be of particular interest to you."

"A number of us Protectorate have been investigating an attack on a local, and our investigation brought us to a series of ancient crypts and a small altar room dedicated to Takhisis."

Maccabeus fidgeted a little. "Do you think we cold talk on the way? I realize that it's rather sudden, but I think it's important."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

"A-ya." Maccabeus said. "We're meeting wit' Maal, Haffaveral, Julius, and Ragnar. As for other informtion, f'r th' sake of background, we were called in because the lady inn keeper was attacked in their root cellar. That's how we came to find this catacomb."

"Yesterday we five went down there and found and destroyed some kind of floating full spherical vaporous apparition that had come to dwell down there in the carved wall crypt. That's about it...and look! The Cliffside Inn."

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

"You know, that sounds like a good idea to me. I'll join you." Maccabeus answered.

Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

"I take no offense, Severen." Maccabeus said as he sipped his wine, emulating Severen's example.

"I must admit to ignorance regarding what might have been found at the Keep of the River's Cliff. I was not there, but Maal was." He looked meaningfully at the lean wildlander lady.

"Do you recollect such a finding, Maal?" He asked, taking another sip from his cup.

fraz

"Aye," was Maal Brengain's only reply.
nothing

Wildfire

"Then it seems to me" Severen spoke "That there is someone or something, perhaps more than than one, that is practicing the strayed methods of Xanthakos to Takhisis in this town." Severen sipped his wine.

"Such an excellent drink." he said

Julius spoke up, "Who would that be?"

"Who it would be I couldn't say for certain. You are far more familiar with the denizens here than I Master Hawkhaven. Whoever it is, I'd certainly say that they have ties to Xanthakos...I'd bet my life upon that."

Severen took a large gulp of the blood red drink and said, "Sometimes a guzzle is good though."
Wildfire

Johan

"Well, then." Maccabeus held his cup for Wolf to try his wine. Wolf sniffed it, and took only the smallest taste. "Wolf isn't much of a drinker other than water...or that special milk that they have up at the Hunter's Lodge, actually. But as I was going to say, it seems that we have a few new questions, and the one burning most brightly in my mind is: what do we do now?"

He looked at the companions assembled there. "Do you require or wish a tour of the crypts, Severen? Do we wish to go back through that tunnel where the mysterious red eyes glowed at us from the darkness? Do we close that path off properly? Do we close the entry to the sacrificial area? Do we set a trap for whomever was using this bowl?"

He looked around again. "What do we do now?" He repeated, then took a longer pull of his wine.

Wildfire

Julius looked at each of the companions sitting at the table along with Severen. By the look on his face, it was clear that Julius was thinking of a plan.

"I think I'll have a glass of that wine." he said at last. He began to rise from his chair but Severen raised his hand, "Please, allow me Master Julius." Severen proceeded to walk to the bar to fetch a glass for Chief Council Member.

Julius asked, "Severen, would you be willing to help The Protectorate in this matter? Your expertise in this area is unmatched by anyone we can call on."

Severen returned with a goblet and sat down. Pouring the wine into the glass he said, "It would be a pleasure to me..." he placed the goblet in front of Julius "...provided the others will accept my company."

Severen looked to each of the Protectorate for a sign of approval or distress.
Wildfire