- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Maal goes shoppin' fer weapons

Started by fraz, May 30, 2005, 12:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraz

Duthash Albyr Syncath [May 3rd]: Morning:

Maal Brengain approaches Keltan in the common room of the Thornhedge Inn.  As always, she carries her spear and shield with her.  Her blood-stained antlers dangle from the belt around her hips.

"Hail, Keltan!  I'm innerested in buyin' a few spears...  Is Darius Grogan the only weaponsmith in town?  What's 'e like?  Do ye know if 'e makes good weap'ns?"
nothing

fraz

Quote from: green:ab08c962aaOOC: Fraz, unless there is anything else Maal wanted to do i would conclude that this is the end of the thread, yes?[/color]
OOC: Aye![/color]
nothing

Wildfire

Philip looking a bit confused by Maal's swift exit says, "Thank you. That quiver will be ready for you shortly. Take care and caution for you and yours."

Philip shuts the door behind Maal and begins to pull rolls of leather from the storage shelves to begin his new project.

[color=green:6d166e8f29]OOC: Fraz, unless there is anything else Maal wanted to do i would conclude that this is the end of the thread, yes?[/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

Philip leans in towards Maal and says quietly, "Any leads on finding the Rat-man? Kyle keeps visiting that underground hideout. I think the other boys might be too. I tell him to stay away from there but he sneaks there anyway. They may be plotting revenge on him. The sooner Rat-man is gone...the better...for their safety...and everyone elses."

Philip had concern in his voice and spoke softly to keep his other sons as far from the situation as possible. "Kyle told me what it was like being that...thing. He said it was an uncontrolled desire for...well...I just don't want him to do anything rash. Now he has the need for revenge I think. He could get himself killed."
Wildfire

Wildfire

Philip nods his head, "hmm, I can do that, not a problem at all. Anything else? Color maybe?"
Wildfire

Wildfire

Philip approaches Maal from out behind his work counter. He dusts off his hands and says, "Actually, I'm the one that owes you. You helped my son break his sickness and I can't begin to thank you enough. No, your money is no good here this time. I'm going to custom make this Quiver for you. It should be ready in three days."

Philip gives Maal a look of thanks and she can almost see the tears of relief in his eyes. He goes to the wall and pulls a group holstered quiver from the wall and hands it to you and says, "This one you can use until the other is finished. Tell the others that if they need any leather goods from my shop to come and see me and I'll do what I can. I owe each and every one of you for your help."
Wildfire

Wildfire

As you enter the shop the smell of leather is nearly over powering. An array of items line the walls and hang from the rafters. Around the shop are various work stations each with a set of tools. You see two other boys in the shop working their craft.

Philip says, "Aye, and Stormhunter would be right. I do make spear quivers...only for short and regular. Long spears would be too difficult. Did you have anything particular in mind? I can make them in different colors and various shades. I can make them with one group holster or individual holsters. The individual holsters are good because they're quieter, tighter and I can put a quick release on each spear so that you don't have to spend time pulling the spear out. Oh, these are my other sons, Devin and Zachary" the two boys look up and and nod their hello. "Come on boys, greet her the way a lady should be greeted, a passing nod won't do...especially for her. She helped rescue your older brother."

Devin and Zachary looked to be about the same age but a few years younger than Kyle. Both had brown hair although Zachary's was a touch lighter. The boys approach and Devin says, "Sorry miss...we didn't mean to be rude." Both boys extended their hands, Devin his right and Zachary his left so that both of Maal's hands would be accomodated.
Wildfire

Wildfire

Startled Kyle says, "Oh! hello! You're Maal. I want to thank you for saving us the other night. I'd talk more but i've got to get out of here for a while..." he walks past you and towards the Rosewalk. From inside you hear, "Maal, please, please come in...don't mind him. He's 15 and apparrently knows everything. What can I do for you this day? I'd like to thank you for helping him the other night...that was mighty brave."
Wildfire

Wildfire

You arrive to "Bearded Beasts" and you see a sign with some symbols on it (words) and the relief carving of a minotaur with a chin beard. Coming from inside, you hearsome muffled voices and the light tapping of a hammer.

Just as you're about to spring the door latch a large shouting voice rumbles from inside and you hesitate a second, "Where were you last night, Kyle? You went back to that place didn't you? I told you to stay away from there! Rat face still hasn't been found. He could come back and turn you into that monster again...or worse! What were you thinking? Are Fergus and Daniel doing the same thing...creeping back down there? Stay away from it until it's safe again...do you understand!?"

A small reply follows, "Yes."

"Yes...what!?"

"Yes I understand. I understand that you don't know what it was like...being..that monster!"

The door opens suddenly and you're face to face with Kyle.
Wildfire

Wildfire

"If you stop by here after your morning jaunt I can show you other smithy skills. After all there's more to it than rapping a hammer against an anvil. In the early mornings I try to keep the noise down...sshhh." Stormhunter gives a sly wink and smiles. He turns to go back to his forging of a new generation of smiths.
Wildfire

fraz

Maal Brengain raises an eyebrow as she looks down at the large hand upon her slim arm.  She is not used to being touched by people, especially a stranger that she has only just met.

"Aye, I have thought about it and I thank ye," she replies evenly.  "I would be most pleased to take ye up on yer offer.  Perhaps there is a good time for me to stop by in th' mornings or evenings when it's not so busy?  Now, I think I shall go visit Stagdrake to see about the spear quivers you mentioned..."
nothing

Wildfire

Stormhunter says, "Sully, take the coins and put them in the coffers." He takes the coins from Maal, "Thank you." Sully says politely and scurries off into the Forge building. Stormhunter looks down to Maal and remarks, "It migh be a bit difficult to carry all of those spears at once. Stagdrake makes spear quivers. You might go see him over at his leather shop. It's just across the Wolfsong, there on the corner. I'm sure that he'd like to thank you in person for saving his son, Kyle."

Stormhunter again scratches his chin and hums deeply. He reaches out and squeezes your right arm with his big scarred and caloused hands. He furrows his brow and says, "Maal, you have a good strong arm. Have you ever considered smithing? I can teach you some of the basics if you like. You can come here when you want and learn as you see fit as I know that your busy with other things."
Wildfire

Wildfire

Softly he speaks in his deep bass voice, "That would be no trouble at all. Did you find everything here to your liking? I know that it's a bit noisy but such is the way of the craft. I can introduce you to Agar, he has some fine armor if you're in the need. Oh, and for you, and the rest of the protectorate for that matter, my weapons are half price. Sound good?"
Wildfire

Wildfire

Stormhunter scratches his chin with his large burnscarred hands and raises his eybrow in thought. "Hmm...well, I do indeed have a brand with a circle. However, if you like I could forge one special for you at no extra cost. It would really be no trouble at all. If you tell me what you want for a design I'll forge it myself. how does that sound to you?" Stormhunter spoke in a most educated and eloquent fashion...a sort of beauty within the beast.
Wildfire

Wildfire

Walking through the open walled section of the building you pass by all sorts of hardware, tools, cold forges. A few of the chainmail linkers look up to see you and have astonished looks on their faces. Emerging on the other side, you and Sully see Stormhunter talking to another apprentice smith. You make your way to him passing by other apprentices and Sully talks loudly to be heard amidst the clanging of singing metal, "Stormhunter! could I have a word?" The large Half orc looks up and says a last thing to the student and makes his way to you and Sully. with a soft and eloquent voice, one that you might not have expected, Stormhunter greets you, "Yes Sully, you don't have to shout. Ah, Maal Brengain, Julius has told me about you. How do like it here in Threshold?"
Wildfire