- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Ring within the Brambles

Started by Wildfire, September 19, 2005, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

Dale listens to both Maccabeus and Ashe intently.   However, he tries to appear to not be very interested at all.   He looks at the stones as each one is pointed out and makes a mental note of each language.  

He also takes notice of all of the trumpet blooms and begins to wonder if they are hiding anything specific.   Before he moves on with the two druids, Dale tries to clear aside some of the vines covering what he imagines to be an ancient stone wall behind the blooms.   He takes great care not to harm the plants.   As he does this he asks the druids "Do the trumpet blooms have any special meaning for Mahiya?  Are they a special symbol?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

"Breathtaking to say the least. Those defilers were trying to do more than stop the waters...trust me."

As they wolked through the north entrance Ashe says, "I would say that your right Maccabeus...the other stones would be written in the element language. Dale here is a man of the world and well travled so he says...Can you read those languages Dale? Well, if neither of you can then I'll teach you if you like. I would think that you Maccabeus would like to understand more about the writings here...and Dale just for the love of knowing it. What say you?"

The group comes to a crossing path to the left and right. "Ah...which way?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Quote from: wildfireHe analyzes the carvings on the stones and remarks, "These carvings are incredible. The words are written in Aquan in a style speaking of an older age."
OOC: For the rest of this post whenever Ashe's words are in italics he's talking in his mystical language.[/color][/quote][color=green:a2ccb27db5]Maccabeus too.[/color][/i]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"Have you tasted of the other waters? I'm interested in what a drink from them would feel like. I'm making a guess in my head but...well, let's find out..."

Ashe begins to walk aroud the pool and stone in the center of the circle and makes his way for the north exit. "I've never seen so many trumpetblooms..." he says.

Passing through the northern opening in the ring Ashe comes to the outer standing stone of Istisha. Ashe stops and says in his odd tongue, "May your waters cleanse the land."

He analyzes the carvings on the stones and remarks, "These carvings are incredible. The words are written in Aquan in a style speaking of an older age."

He waits for Dale and Maccabeus to catch up and points to the north opening in the thorns and says, "The others are through here, yes?"

[color=green:fd27dca2b5]OOC: For the rest of this post whenever Ashe's words are in italics he's talking in his mystical language.[/color]
Wildfire

Johan

"That's only one of them." Maccabeus informed his companions. "I suspect that this faunt is Mahiya's. There are others too. one for each of her children."

He held his arm wide, directing Ashe and Dale towards the four other faunts within the bramble maze.

Blackspear

Dale walks over to the pool.   In a very human way, he bends down, cups his hands together and takes many droughts from the invigorating water.   While drinking, he calms down about the wolf's grizzly appearance and begins to enjoy the day once again.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Ashe slowly approached Wolf. Wolf cautiously inched towards Ashe. Ashe knelt down to recieve Wolf with an extended hand. There seemed to be some 'Wolf talk' being exchanged between the two. Wolf and Ashe were soon nose to nose. Wolk began to lick Ashes face and Ashe laughed and started to pet Wolf.

"Maccabeus," Ashe said, "He is a magnificent creature! Very aware...and quite protective of you. He says that you're in every way his brother and equal...'part of the pack' as he puts it. I suspect you feel the same about him."

Ashe kisses Wolf on the top of his head followed by a playful swat. He looks at Wolf and says, "Shall we drink? Come on..." Ashe goes over to the pool and as a canine bends down on all fours and begins to drink from the pool. Wolf angles his head sideways as if bewildered and looks at Maccabeus to find an answer to an unspoken question.

"Ahh! That was good! Dale, you've got to try this water. It quite rejuvinating."
Wildfire

Johan

"That's Ashe." Maccabeus informed his friend. "What a beautiful meal you've brought. thank you kindly." Maccabeus approached the big gray wolf and roughly petted its shoulders.

He took the opportunity of proximity to whisper in the furry ear. "I'm hoping you could help me make some kind of decision on this fellow.  He seems ok, seems like a brother."

He then rose and directed Ashe towards the clear-water faunt, which bubbled merrily and noisily. "Best water to be had, I'd wager."

Blackspear

Dale looks at the wolf and sees the gore on his muzzle.   Instictively he moves away from the wolf.   As he's doing this, he notices Ashe and the wolf begin a staring match.   Not wanting to get in the way of any fur flying, Dale moves back even further...
Blackspear

Wildfire

Behind Wolf is the bloody body of a partially eaten deer. Wolf's mouth is stained with blood and he's waking from a nap.

In Wolf's own way he replies, "Yes friend...I'm back. With food I might add. The hunt was good. I have brought for us a small deer. Fast he was...he made good chase. I've taken my fill already. I recognize the scent of one who has come but the other is not as familiar. What is it?"

Wolf gets up and moves so to view Dale and Ashe. Ashe stands there looking Wolf directly in the eye knowing that this is seen as a challenge to the animal.
Wildfire

Johan

"You sound much like Shankharia, my preceptor back in the Dale." Maccabeus said lightly. "Not that I don't agree with you - or her - but I am rather impatient at times and would like more answers than questions. Still, I recognize that the Divine Family reveals to us what we are ready to have revealed." Maccabeus may have accepted this truth, but his tenor clearly indicated that he was not happy with it.

He walked between the standing stones of the Ring as he spoke. "There's the first of five pools over here." He indicated to Ashe and Dale. "The others are clearly devoted to Mahiya's children, so I conclude that this one must be devoted to Mahiya herself. I've drunk of this faunt; it's the most perfectly refreshing water I've ever had."

Maccabeus passed out of sight of his two companions, behind the boulders of the Ring. Dale and Ashe heard him from around those corners, saying, "Oh, hello Wolf. Back from the hunt already?"

Wildfire

Ashe furrows his brow and says, "Question? I didn't ask any...oh, I said that many questions will be answered. Maccabeus was wondering about the workings of the forces here."

Ashe walked over to the the nearest outside obelisk and touched it rubbing his hand over it's surface. "Maccabeus, the ways of such things will come to you through your own realizations. Although you are trained in the 'ways' it is often times through our own reflection and experience that we come to understand these relations. One's own experience is worth more than any amount of ancient writings or teachings. I could very easily tell you why the Ring of Mists is in the configuration it is in. However, your realization of this is far more valuable to you."

Ashe walked around the standing stone taking in the carvings upon it. "This stone here represents Kossuth. Odds are the one opposite to it represents Istisha." In his mystical speech he says, "Yes Maccabeus...we will talk."

"Come to think of it, I am thirsty. Where are those pools?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale takes in the beauty of the ring and enjoys the tranquil harmony that is flourishing in the sacred glen.   As he is musing about important moments in his past, he hears Ashe speak to him as if from a great distance.   "Huh, Uh, what question was that Ashe?"
Blackspear

Wildfire

"There's so much to take in...we have much time to do that. Let's see what else is here...or rather, please show us what else is here. Oh, and the answers to your questions will come with time, Maccabeus...yours too Dale."
Wildfire

Johan

"The recovery is complete." Maccabeus said softly. "I'm unclear on what trasnpired; I had thought that this was Istisha's doing, but perhaps it was Mahiya - Zebulon's name came up." He looked meaningfully at Ashe. "I couldn't hope to grasp the workings of those fine divinities, but I suppose it doesn't matter. Men such as we are effectually in the service of Mahiya and her children, not only one."

He noted that they had entered the sacred glade from a different side from the four temples. The thought of those faunts caught at his conciousness. "This isn't all of it." He said to his companions. "There's more. Would you like to see, or would you prefer to drink this in over some time? And speaking of drinking, there's a beautifully refreshing water pool over here." He walked lightly through the cool misty air that permeated the Ring towards where the pool bubbled up from below. "I'm surprisingly thirsty all of a sudden." He remarked.