- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Mel visits Erinalia (again)

Started by Johan, June 13, 2005, 01:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"Um... that's all very nice, Mel."  Erin casually looks up at the sky, "Oh!  Look at the hour!  I, um, really must be getting along.  'Bye now."

Erin hurries off towards the horse corrals...
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Johan

Mel watched in bewilderment as Erin fled. He noted that she was heading in the direction of, among other things, the animals pens. Hmmm...he wondered idly...perhaps Garbvan might have a thought on this subject...

Johan

"Why do I ask such questions? Well, mostly becuase it's on my mind, and I didn't think that a conversation about the culinary differences in the tribes of the northern nomads would interest you."

Mel sat down, making himself comfortable before continuing. "I just figured that a conversation on the comparative spell casting of the various castes would be more entertaining and engaging to you. For instance, did you know that there are some kinds of animals who can cast spells? It true! The learned (finger quotes) will tell you that they are magical creatures and that they are generating "spell-like effects" (air quotes), but I'm thinking differently. Why is it that people want to believe that since it's an animal it can't have the aptitude to cast a spell? It's simply the prejudice of people to think that they have sole domain over spell casting. The truth, I think, is that anyone can cast spells - that is, to weave reality to their will, to some extent anyway - but there are different ways of arriving at the same end. It's like cooking. You might put more or less of any ingredient, or you might omit some ingredients all together; the result is still food. It might taste a little different, but it's nourishing anyway. Orcs, they say can eat foods that other races can't, but I tell you that any race can eat those things; they just have to want to. Unless, of course it's my mother's Vole Bread. If she ever makes you her vole bread, you?re going to want to stick a porcupine quill in your eye. It?s just that bad. In fact, it won the black ribbon seventy years in a row at the county fair. It?s famous; wakes the dead, they say. She blames the voles. ?Hasn?t been a decent vole in the area in eighty five years (mom?s very long-lived; she?s got elf blood in her).