- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kitchen o' the Stump

Started by fraz, September 18, 2005, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

"Whoa, that's alot of questions. Okay, The Fortmount is vacant that's true. However, giving you residence there is something that I have to speak with the council about. I don't forsee any problem with it but still, the other council members do have a say with it since it's owned by the town. They should be returning any day now so please try to be patient." Julius explains.

He then looks directly at Dale and says, "Since you are new here Dale I'll be patient in my explaination of Severen's arrival. Threshold is open to any that want to honor their deities...just like the Valley of Mist. Does it open it up for trouble from some? Perhaps it does. But it's that freedom that allows everyone to come here with little fear of discrimination...even those with their own dark secrets. Do you understand?" Julius said firmly.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

"Yeah a good night's sleep would help me out a lot!   I've been getting really punchy over a few things.   For example, why did you invite that priest of Takhisis into town anyway?   Don't we have enough trouble with winged snakes and rat men, without Takhisis' minions setting up a stronghold here?"  Dale takes a deep breath and a step back, waiting for Julius' reply, wondering how he will react to his bold question.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

fraz

Maal Brengain grunts in response, "Tha' is a good idea. I'll speak with Jarmok aboot it... I think 'e would be perfect fer a night-time patrol."

Then, after a pause she continues, "Er, Julius, I believe Jarmok 'ad asked ye aboot th' Protectorate using th' keep up there as a 'eadquarters now tha' it's empty [[color=green:253902021a]Jarmok visits Julius[/color]]... 'Ave ye giv'n any more thought ta tha'? It looks like it would be a good place ta keep watch o'er th' town. [[color=green:253902021a]I'm assuming that there is a tower up there.... please correct me if I'm wrong[/color:253902021a]]. Dale 'as been sleepin' in th' common room at th' Thornhedge near some snorrin' dwarf, an' it might 'elp ev'r'one if we could move outta there an' free up our rooms fer otha guests.  Whaddya think?"
nothing

Wildfire

"That's alright Maal. The important thing is that we know that it's around and that we should be on guard for it. I'd like to think that it was just passing through but we both know that's not the case. I want The Protectorate to set up a night march around the town since these creatures probably move at night. Could you arrange that among yourselves?"
Wildfire

fraz

"Hrmph!" Maal Brengain grunts indignantly. "I wish we 'ad been closer to th' beast so I coulda pegged it with me spear," she replies with a sneer.
nothing

Wildfire

Julius gets a grave look on his face and says, "It is said that the winged snakes are elite agents of The Shadow Riders of Xanthakos. I don't really understand their function fully but my guess would be that of advance scouts...or spies. They're an ill omen at best."

Julius looks out beyond into the night sky, "You reported that they were at the cave where you fought the lizard people?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale looks at Laren and wonders what its like to live life being so small.  [color=green:8faef6a5a1]Probably much like being a 10 year old kid.   Then again, most ten year olds don't face large winged snakes.  That creature could easily confuse Laren for its next meal.  I wonder if it would swallow him whole?[/color]
Stirring from his musings he inquires of the councillor, "Julius, would you please tell us what you know about this shape changing winged serpent?   It flew off towards the valley."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Griznuq

[color=green:92133a3271](( OOC: That's right! Woops... I shall edit that post. Thanks! ))[/color]
=]V[=

fraz

"Aye! 'Twas a winged snake-like beast as Dale says. I 'ave ne'er heard o' one or seen anythin' like tha' b'fore. As I said, it seems ta be able ta change shape... from man ta winged beast. Tha' was how it escaped us. I canna think o' anythin' else aboot it ta tell ye."

[[color=green:dc05203d1c]Matt: Laren would've seen it too (he returned with us later after Jarmok's shape-changing experience was over). This was when Ragnar went charging off into the woods with Jarmok following.  Maal, Dale and Laren then walked backed to town together and ended up at the Stump.[/color:dc05203d1c]]
nothing

Wildfire

"A winged snake...You saw a winged snake!?" Julius says outrageously. Then with a calmer tone he continues, "A winged snake is not good news. The fact that you even saw one is extraordinary. Did you see anything else? Even if you think it's insignificant tell me."
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren gave a start, as if just realizing that he was there. [color=green:c833b328f0]((OOC: cause I forgot I was part of this thread!))[/color]

"It was much larger than a snake though..."
=]V[=

Blackspear

"It"  was a winged snakelike creature that flew off into the night towards the valley.  It was enough to send a chill through my bones."
Blackspear

Wildfire

Julius steps outside and closes the door. "I have the three family members here with me. The little girl that you found walking the road and the boy and woman that were in the cave. They didn't have anywhere to go and no money so I took them in. They've been through so much." Julius says in a hushed tone.

"So you say that there were teeth knocked out of the scavengers and the dead family? That's...bizarre. And you said you saw it. What did you see exactly?"
Wildfire

fraz

"Aye, Julius. We 'ave come ta give ye a follow up report... We felt it was too important ta wait 'til mornin'. We 'ave jus' recently returned from th' cave... It seems tha' some... thing has been removin' the teeth and claws from the wolf-rats an' humans. I 'ave no idea why or what tha' means, though."

"Furthermore, Jarmok found booted man-like tracks leading into an' outta th' cave. We then tried ta catch th' culprit an' followed 'im through th' woods to a cliff where the tracks disappeared. It was there tha' we saw... it. We all saw it... This canna be good!"
nothing

Wildfire

While checking the proximity of the Temple of Shadows to Julius's house Dale notices on a high ridge above and between the two locations the Fortress overlooking Threshold. He sees only the tops of the walls but nevertheless it is an impressive sight.

The door opens and Julius is standing there in loose comfortable clothes smoking a pipe. Even his casual clothes look to be well made and fine. His salt and pepper hair drapes slightly onto his shoulders giving him an elegantly rugged look.

"Oh!" he says with surprise, "Is there something happening that I should know about?"
Wildfire