- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

04.17.2127 - Headmaster's Anger

Started by Dray, March 23, 2008, 08:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

The door to the room that Harrison shared with 7 other boys opened. It didn't feel like morning to him, but he couldn't really tell due to the lack of windows in the room. The lantern light in the corridor behind the figure silhouetted the man in the doorway, it was easy to discern the headmaster's tall brute figure.

With heavy booted steps the man entered the room and walked to the end of Harrison's bed, he knew each kid was now awake and watching in a bit of fear as he was, the Headmaster never visited a room for jokes and cookies.

"Come with me Arbuckle," he stated plainly.

Griznuq

Harrison winced at the sound of his last name. He hadn't been at the orphanage very long, but he suspected such visits were uncommon. He had been here long enough to see how things were done though. Much of the time, teachers used fear as a motivator. He decided he would no let this man intimidate him, at least outwardly. After all, Harrison was a boy with nothing to lose.

Harrison slid out from under his blankets, and pushed his glasses on. Standing before the headmaster, Harrison stretched.

"Is something amiss, Sir?"
=]V[=

Dray

To Harrison's surprise, the Headmasters response was almost congenial.

"Not really Master Arbuckle, but I would like to talk with you on a matter. Please acoompany me to my office." he said and walked back to the open door.

Griznuq

"Oh," Harrison said simply. "Happy to help."

Harrison had heard stories about what went on in the Headmaster's office, but he didn't let it bother him. He had in fact, done nothing wrong that he could think of.

Harrison supposed the meeting could only have to do with his meeting Emma. Harrison shrugged to himself.

They probably just want to ask how Abbey was.
=]V[=

Dray

Harrison followed the incredibly tall man through the dimly lit corridors of the Orphanage. Their footfalls echoing along the barren wooden floors and walls as they traversed two corridors and one stairwell to make it to the Headmaster's front office.

The Headmaster passed thru the open doorway of his office and asked Harrison to close the door on his way in. The window to the left of the man's desk revealing no morning dusk of yet.

The tall man sat down behind an old, but huge wooden oak desk and sat back in his reclining leather chair. He staired across the desk at eye level with the 10-year old for almost a full turn.

Harrison, non-plussed or intimidated by the mans stare, wandered his eyes from him to show him as much, looking at the nameplate on the desk,

HEADMASTER DRAVEN SHANTEEL

'His name even sounds big,' Harrison thought, he then returned his gaze to the Headmaster, 'don't want to push my attitude too far I suppose.'

"Tell me your version of the story Arbuckle," the Headmaster stated calmly, and even though Harrison was looking right at him and waiting for him to say something, he started a bit.

Griznuq

I wonder what he wants to know? Harrison thought. Oh, I know. They must be upset about the soiled bed linens.

"Alright," he said with a head bob. "I walked into the common room, and saw a girl crying. Who knows why, You know girls." Harrison rolled his eyes. "They always seem upset over something. Anyway, I cheered her up, and she asked me to show her where Abbey was, I guess she'd heard about Abbey being sick or something." Harrison shrugged.

"I took her up there, and Abbey got sick all over the bed and the clergy girl," Harrison's face conveyed his repulsion.

"I went down the hall to the linen closet and got the clergy girl another robe, cause hers was..." Harrison shook his head briskly. "just... Disgusting. Bleh. Though Abbey looked a lot better after... you know. Maybe it was something she ate, I guess. The clergy girl, told me her name, but I can't remember it now. She kept saying she was late though." Harrison shrugged again.

"That's about it," he said with his head bobbing.
=]V[=

Dray

The Headmaster listened carefully to the boy and paused in thought for a moment. He then pulled from the floor behind the desk a medicine bag and gently placed it on his desk. The medicine bag was leather that had been stained white, two long silk corded straps hang piled beside it. The symbol of the Circle of The Deaconess branded within the leather on both sides. It was an expensive looking healer's kit to be sure, and no doubt belonged to Emmanuelle.

"Do you know what this is Arbuckle?" he asked.

Griznuq

Harrisson's initial reaction was that it was a bag. he remembered how angry answers like that made his father though, so he thought better of pointing out the obvious.

"Is it a medicine bag?"
=]V[=

Dray

"It is Arbuckle. I found it in the common room when questioning the children there earlier this evening, or rather," he looked at his watch, "yesterday evening," he said with a look at the dark window.

"Interesting how time can fly when one is busy all night," he said with a sigh.

"Nevertheless it looks unopened and fairly free of vomit. Mind enlightening me on that fact?"

Griznuq

"Well," Harrison scratched his head. "now that you mention it, I did notice she didn't have one with her, but I didn't think much of it. I don't know an aweful lot about medicine, after all."

Harrison shrugged. "I guess she didn't need it."
=]V[=

Dray

"She didn't need her medicine bag for a young girl with the flu?" he asked quite calmly. He then slid his right hand across the top of his bald skull.

"How was she to administer the girl to health? Do a naked dance?" and not waiting for answer he continued, "although that would work for me, the girl is absolute future mate material," he swore.

Harrison noted that he held his stare while speaking out of turn about Emmanuelle.

Griznuq

Harrison avoided the unexpected comment.

"To be honest, I wasn't paying too much attention to what was going on. I don't like being near sick little kids. I have a difficult time with things like vomit." It was true, just talking about it almost made him gag, and the look on his face when thinking of it was testament to that.

"Frankly, I think it was just coincidence. I'm no expert, but I've been sick like that before, and usually feel better after..." Harrison chocked back a gag.

"I think we just showed up at the right time," Harrison said putting a hand on his queezy stomach. "Or the wrong time, depending on one's perspective."
=]V[=

Dray

"Do you want to know the perspective of the Deaconess, the girls keeper?" the Headmaster asked plainly.

Griznuq

An interesting thought, someone could have a keeper. Harrison never really considered it, not even when thinking of his pets. Sure, he could care for them, but could they be "kept"?

Harrison cocked his head a bit curiously. "Yes, I would. Does she think she knows what Abbey had?" Harrison was genuinely curious. He figured it was something the girl ate, but if it was something else, he'd like to know what it was, so that he could avoid it.
=]V[=

Johan

Excuse me?

Ok, between my reading and then posting, you changed your post.

So, nevermind.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank