- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Of Roots and Races

Started by Wildfire, March 06, 2006, 02:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"Make 'em?!?" Pike laughed at the thought. "Ne, lad. I c'n fix 'em, shine 'em, and make 'em sharp, but I'm no maker o' weap'ns. Here, I do but li'l more'n sell 'em. Norm'ly, I would'n ha' so many o' 'em, but wha' happind wus tha' all those caravans tha' got hi-jack't and wen' missin'. More was sent, and then they foun' th' orig'nals, so we ha' quite a stock now. Is there sumpin' special yer lookin' fer?"

[color=green:ebfdbf01b3]I'm not going to bother with my usual extra step of spell checking![/color]  :lol:
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

[color=green:b9b06623a9]That's damn funny![/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Quote from: green:2c85992549Heh, half dwarf, three-quarters FAIRY![/color]
=]V[=

Wildfire

Zurn's eyes widened at the array of weaponry. He'd never seen so many weapons in one room at the same time. He looked to the ceiling to see if Pike had any weapons stashed or mounted up there.

"Oh my stars and gardens..." Zurn said, as his breath was being taken from him by the sight of it all, "...I not be seein' anything like this in all me livin' life. Did ye be makin' all o these weapons?"
Wildfire

Johan

Zurn surveyed the small shop quickly. It was barely five paces in any direction. It was also cluttered. Not one piece of the room went to waste. Upon the walls were hung countless shelves, which bore all manner of simple weapons. To the right of the door as one entered were the slings and stones that Zurn had been looking at.

The dwarf?s gaze panned the room. Next to the slings was an array of short and long bows. The bows rested horizontally upon sets of peg in the wall, and below them were canisters in which stood countless loose arrows. Short sheaf and long sheaf arrows were naturally organized into their own groups.

This whole corner of the small shop was dedicated to ranged weaponry. Crossbows, light and heavy clung to the wall next to the other bows, and the bolts stood in their own small canisters next to the arrows.

Next to the door that lead to the back room, pikes, spears, and a few other poles adorned racks that served to keep the poles standing. Zurn saw an assortment of spears and a few halberds among the assortment of staves and pikes.

Against the rear wall of the little shop there was a counter from which Pike obviously performed his haggling and selling. Behind that counter, again hanging from the wall, were stacks of small bladed weapons. Daggers, dirks, short swords and the like were displayed there.

On the left wall of the shop, both hanging and sitting upon the floor were swords. In the rear corner of that wall, near to the counter, were long swords, and there were many of them. There were six stacks of long swords: three hung high, and three low. Next to them, as one moved towards the front wall of the shop were larger sword varieties: bastard to claymore. There was even a double-bladed sword hung high on that wall, near the ceiling. Then axes, maces, and flails cluttered the front corner of that wall.

The front wall, to the immediate left as you entered the shop, were weapon accessories, such as bow strings, waxes, sling repair kits, oils and cloths for the care of blades, and such items.

Zurn was amazed at just how effective the space of this small room was used. The curious thought of what must be in the rear room translated errantly through his mind as he took in all the works in the room.

Wildfire

Zurn shruggs and opens his arms slightly and says, "Ahh, that'n be alright. I didn't much expect tha' ye would 'ave somthin' like tha' anyway. If'n ye dunna mind I'd like ta be tryin' that there bunny hide sling."

Zurn looks around the room and sees...

[color=green:7540fb9d3a](Johan, if you would be so kind as to describe the room...)[/color]
Wildfire

Johan

Quote from: wildfireZurn looked over the variety of slings and decided that he might need one a bit shorter than a humans. He also wanted it to one to have the design of Ehlonna. Taking out his holy symbol he asks, "Master Pike, by chance do ye have any o' those slings with the sign of The Lady of the Forests, Ehlonna? If not can tha' symbol be stamped on somehow?"

"Ach, sorry, lad. I'm nuthin' of an artist, an' I'm 'fraid that ye'll not be findin' such here in th' hinterlands. I c'n do some minor repairs and make simple arms, but I'm no master crafter to be sure." He looked very apologeticly at the dwarf.

Wildfire

"Do they work diff'rently at all...rabbit skin as be compared to cow skin? I would imagine not but me be no expert in such things as tanning." Zurn says.

Zurn looked over the variety of slings and decided that he might need one a bit shorter than a humans. He also wanted it to one to have the design of Ehlonna. Taking out his holy symbol he asks, "Master Pike, by chance do ye have any o' those slings with the sign of The Lady of the Forests, Ehlonna? If not can tha' symbol be stamped on somehow?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Aye, sir. I've slings fer ye. D' ye prefer any partiklur materialz? I've a few-a rabbit and many-a cowhide." As he spoke Pike directed Zurn's attention to a rack hanging from the wall near the entrance. Upon this rack hung an assortment of slings and heavy-looking pouches.

Wildfire

Zurn takes his hand and grips it good and tight while laughing and remarks, "Well tha' certainly would be a might ambitious o' me now wouldn't it? I suspect tha' if'n I were to buy a human spear it'd all work out tho'! Actually I came looking fer a sling of sorts. It's somethin' I practiced with before and it be a bit more familiar ta me than a bow. Besides, if I should use all o' tha bullets then a stone be workin' jus' fine fer me needs. Arrows be much harder to craft out in tha' wild methinks."

Zurn looks around the armory and says, "Do you have any slings lurkin' about? Say, are you a weaponsmither or an armor maker?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Plez-a-mee-cha, Master Darkbrew." The burly fellow held his hamfist out to shake Zurn's. "Folks call me Pike, onna count o' I sell 'em, though I suspekt tha' your no' lookin' for a pike, am I right?"

Wildfire

Zurn fully enters the building and says, "Well good mister, first things first. My name is Zurn Darkbrew. What be yer name?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Hallo?" A burly voice hailed from beyond an open doorway in the back of the weaponer's. A portly aging fellow with whispy light blond hair emerged from beyond that doorway wiping his thick hands upon a heavy, dirty apron.

"Aye, one o' th' dwaves th' people be talkin' about! Welcome master." The man exclaimed. "What c'n I do fer you?"