- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Between two Disciples

Started by Wildfire, January 02, 2006, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

[color=green:3f4d4edf7e]OOC: Well ya see there cap'n I'll hafta be relookin' at the divinly written log tha' our makers be keepin'. I'll be with ya in short order tho'[/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

[color=green:6c943d8dc4][OOC. "Damned if I can remember Captain, to you its been 4 days. For us? Over a YEAR! I'll get back to you though, or perhaps my Brother Zurn here could speak for both of us. Did you know he was a priest to Ehlonna? I didn't. Course, I forgot my own deity was Ehlonna as well, which may or may not fit in with my background that I haven't completed. Yeah, that being said Captain sir, you may want to indeed talk to Zurn about this matter. I can feel my experience of all matters actually diminishing with each word I now speak. As if my memory was being erased in some way. hmpm, imagine that. Now about this hole we need to go down..."][/color]

Johan

Lady Corryn smiled again at the pair and stepped aside, motioning to the two empty high-backed chairs as she did. "As Coris suggests," she said kindly, "please sit. Would either of you like some wine?" She asked solicitously as she held up a pewter pitcher.

"Indeed, forgive me." Coris echoed, his voice deep but obviously tired. "Please drink and tell me news of your travels. It's been near a fortnight since your two companions - the elf and the cat woman - left in search of you, and considerably more than that since you four went down that hole. What by Her Grace's name has been going on?" He sat slowly back into his chair.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Valen, slight and a bit shorter than most men, was immediately impressed by the woman's height, grace and stature.

As she turned from Zurn he held out his hand palm up. Upon receiving her hand he cupped his other over hers and shook it warmly.

"Lady Corryn of Ehlonna. Is is a pleasure to meet you." Valen stated with a nod and a smile. He then also respectully nodded to Captain Corris. "Captain."

Wildfire

Zurn clears his throat, "Ahem, It'n be a pleasure ta meet ye Lady Corryn my sister in Ehlonna. My name is Zurn Darkbrew and it be an honor to be makin' yer aquaintance." Zurn bows his head slightly as a formal body language greeting. He turns slightly to Captain Coris and bows his head again to him in similar fashion and says, "Cap'n."
Wildfire

Johan

As the two holy men walked through the keep, it was clear that spring had brought changes for the better. It was late in the night already, but the walls were manned and lit with capering watch fires and torches. Signs of life not present when last the two trod this way were now evident.

Soldiers huddled close together, enjoying private conversations in the inner bailey near small fires, three of which dotted the training grounds that comprised the inner bailey.

Guards stood at the entrance to the keep mansion, but wordlessly allowed the two friends to enter without question. "Which dwarf is that?" A whisper queried behind them as they entered. "I think it's the priest." a raspy answer came.

As they neared the office of Captain Coris, the two could hear a conversation going on.

"They are coming right back to report on that." Coris's voice stated.

"Thank Ehlonna they are well." A female voice responded. "I am eager to hear what has become of our son Dannobar."

"Hmmm..." Coris answered. "A sad case that ? a heavy loss to ourselves as well as Ehlonna."

The two entered the spartan office through the open door to see Coris sitting behind his desk, and a tall human woman, who Zurn recognized by her garb as a priestess of Ehlonna, sitting in a tall-backed chair. Coris was ordinarily a commanding presence, but tonight he also seemed over tired and worn. He was sipping at a wooden goblet as the two entered.

"Gentlemen." Coris greeted the two disciples. "Please come in, and sit. I present our lady Corryn, priestess to Ehlonna of the Forests."

The tall woman rose fluidly from her chair as she was introduced. She was thin, even by human standards. Her long hair was dark blonde and pulled together behind her head in a tight leather wrapping. Her clothing was utilitarian: heavy cloth and leather. About he neck hung the pendant of a rampant unicorn ? the symbol of Ehlonna. "I am pleased to meet you, my children." She spoke smoothly and smiled as she spoke. "Ehlonna light your way."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"I supposn' tha be true. Well if'n ya canna speak of it then I'll not be asking any more questions of ya 'bout it. I respect the ways of folk liken' yerself. If'n ya don't min' me sayin' such but judgin' by your language you seem a bit shaken with them. Maybe it's none o' me business but it everything a'right with yer kin?"

The two of them were only steps away from going inside to see the Captain.
Wildfire

Dray

"Very perceptive my fellow. It is something like that..." Valen paused a moment and leaned closer to Zurn as they walked.

"...but I am not supposed to speak of it." he finished. He tapped Zurn on the shoulder to get his attention, then made a sweeping motion his forefinger over his throat.

With a roll of his eyes he said, "they are very protective of their terratory. Almost zealous in their way," he said.

"Alas, you can choose your friends, but not your family," he shook his head.

Wildfire

"The livin' tower, eh? Is it a big tree? Why is it called tha'? Would I be able to go there someday? Would they let me? What be bringin' you out here away from them? I canna wait to get some beer."

Zurn takes a few more steps, "anna some food."
Wildfire

Dray

"I come from an order and a community known as The Living Tower, and they are quite a journey from here. They are a pocketed village of human isolationists, with their own set of laws and culture."

Valen paused in his talking but kept walking, with a slight look of annoyed confusion on his face.

Wildfire

"Well it ain't any too far. Well, seven days to tha west o' here. We got a grand temple to Ehlonna we do. I spent some good time there in me younger years I did. Where'd you be growin' up?" Zurn asks while walking to the Captain.
Wildfire

Dray

In his best dwarven accent Valen said with a smile, "I be thinkin the halls of dwarv'z be full of laf'ter and merry'mnt."

He turned to his friend. "I would very much like to see your home sir."

Wildfire

"Aye, thatn' be me thinkin' as well. So let's be off to him then." The two of them march towards the Captain

Along the way Zurn says, "Me be thinkin' that afta we report ta him we fill our bellies up on some meats an' beer! Oh, I'd give anything for sip of Da's dark brew. If'n we get back to Gorna I should get some for ye. It'n be thick and makes da belly happy and warm. Whatcha say to that?"
Wildfire

Dray

Valen felt odd to be more at home here in the Keep, then out in the wild, but he did. There had been many things unnatural about that swamp.

At first, Zurn's voice was lost upon him, as he was so unfamiliar with it. The dwarf was a man of few words.

"I think we should report to the captain my friend." Valen said.