News:

- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Roll, Roll, Roll your stats, Gently 'till you scream...

Started by Johan, March 29, 2005, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

verily, verily, verily, verily, I'll take my coffee with cream.

*ahem*

Just thought I'd steal a good idear from Wildfire:

As far as my games go, here's my suggested stat-generation method:

1) Roll 4d6, taking the best three. That's a stat
2) Roll eight of these, taking the best six. That's a stat "bank", if you will.
3) Do this three times, yielding three stat banks.
4) Elect to use one of the banks and allocate your stats among your...stats.
5) Once all of your stats are allocated, you may deduct 3 from a single stat to add 1 to another stat (like removing 3 from strength to add 1 to intelligence, for instance).

Two observances for "5)"
First: Do not use this method to increase any number to greater than 18
Second: Apply racial modifiers after this step
Third: You can do the Subtract / Add as much as you like (take three from Str to add one to Dex, then three from Cn to add one to Int, then three more from Str to add one to Ws...)

Now, this said, I'm sure that I wouldn't have any issues in running a character that anyone brings to the table having generated stats based upon whatever system they like (you could use WF's method, or Dray's method...)

The point is to have a character that's fun to play. If, in my method, you generated three banks that have no numbers greater than 6, you: 1) get rid of your dice, and b) try again.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

fraz

Ah!  Didn't catch that little bit!  Well, I thought I understood all of Johan's post!  heh!
nothing

Griznuq

Quote from: JohanThe point is to have a character that's fun to play. If, in my method, you generated three banks that have no numbers greater than 6, you: 1) get rid of your dice, and b) try again.
=]V[=

fraz

Hey, I understood all of Johan's message (but then, we've been gaming together for 20+ years, so that should be no surprise).  What I didn't understand was Matt's reply.  What the heck did that mean?
nothing

Johan

Quote from: BlackspearHey Johan...Sorry to rip you on ourfirst exchange.

No harm meant :D
Blackspear

Nothing lost; my skin's near as thick as my skull  :)

Far as I can see, all that means is that you don't reallocate points. I'm OK with that.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Blackspear

Hey Johan,
Thanks for the welcome last week.   As far as rolling characters go, I'm a simple man.   Being a musician I can only count to four and somewhere in my brain, the little engineer thats in charge just had a heart attack trying to figure that out.   :lol:
Just kidding.  

Well not really.

Sorry to rip you on ourfirst exchange.

No harm meant :D
Blackspear
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Griznuq

=]V[=