- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Of Roots and Races

Started by Wildfire, March 06, 2006, 02:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

After being fully satisfied that Arlen was clearly losing his mind from the encounter with the Wendigo and regretful that he even mentioned the shapeshifter to him, Zurn gets up from the table in the tavern and walks outside.

"I be needin' some distance weapon", Zurn says to himself. "To many times I was caught with me breeches down needin' to strike from away and couldn't. I won't be lettin' tha' happen agin".

Passing through the courtyard he sees Urgrosh practicing his martial skill. Zurn thinks to himself, "Raised by tha' dwarves he says. Heh, and he be tellin' me that I'm not a dwarf if I don't know my clan? Jus' who does he think he is, Moradin? He might think he has the heart of a dwarf but he's got the brain of an orc!" Zurn stops and watches him for a second taking extra note that he wears the crest of Ehlonna. "Then agin, he doesn't really know me or me origins. He doesn't know that I be walkin' Ehlonna's path too. There needs ta be some explainin' and askin' methinks..."

Zurn makes his way to the weapons arsenal in the Forest Keep. He opens the door and says, "'ello? Be there anyone here?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

Zurn reactively thought, "Leave it to an Orc to be sayin' tha' thinkin' be a bad thing. Judgin' by his new approach though, he does know I what I be talking aboot. He canna be stupid..entirely."

After Urgrush had finished his routine Zurn says, "Well, now dunna be geting me wrong. Thinking be good but no when you be spinnin' tha' axe aboot. Sometimes not inna battle either. Sometimes yer wit can be savin' you too. It be dependant on tha' circumstances."
Wildfire

Blackspear

(Common) "Uh...Ok.   Move Urgrosh..."   He stares blankly lost in thought and scratches his head, giving the impression of the stupid orc.

(In dwarven) "My Da used to say, "Don't think about it.   Thinking is bad!"   I never understood that until now.   Thanks Zurn, you've helped me unravel one of those mysteries of my childhood!    Thinking ISbad!!"   Urgrosh smiles and begins to whirl his weapon subconciously and he appears much more skilled.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Zurn smirks and says, "Well, in the maater o' the weapon I be not nearly as skilled as me Da. But I'd say to not always try ta be so fancy with the thing. I might be impressive but it don't split skulls no easier. Ya know, if ya try too hard yer spinnin' and acrobatics with the weapon'll jus' be tha' much harder. Jus' sort of 'feel' your way through it. Don't be thinkin' 'bout it."

Zurn looks around him and continues, "The spirit of Ehlonna moves ye. Ye don't be thinkin' 'bout tha' now, right? It jus' does. So let tha' skill of the urgrosh move you likewise."
Wildfire

Blackspear

(In Dwarven)   With a look of sincere gratitude, the orc smiles a very toothy (tusky?) grin and says, "I appreciate yer offer.    For now I'm tryin to hold onto the damned thing.   It seems that using both ends in the same sequence is pretty dicey.    Sometimes I just lose control and send it flying in any old direction.   Any thoughts?"   Urgrosh looks at the dwarf, but he suspects that Zurn really doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to the finer points of handling the complex weapon.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Zurn accepted the urgrosh and says, "I dunna know why me parents left tha' clan. I'm not really sure I wanna know. What I do know is tha' they still brewed a life fer themsleves without the clans. So as far as I be concerend, it's not the clan that makes the dwarf. Just as it not be the tribe tha' makes the orc."

Zurn adomired the craftmanship of the marvelous axe. "Thank ye fer trustin' me with your prized. Tha' be mighty big o' ye..." Zurn looked up, way up at the orc.

Zurn began to weild it around but not with any cleverness. He didn't want to get too outrageous with his maneuvers. The weapon had an eery naturalness to his grip. Zurn realized that he was still more of a dwarf than not, despite not being in any clan.

After his excursion with the orc's weapon Zurn handed it back to him and said, "Y'know, if there be anything that I can teach ye I'd be willin' to do such. Yer a different sort. I'd like to start being better friends with ye. We'd be two outcasts!...HaHa!
Wildfire

Blackspear

Speaking in Dwarven, Urgrosh smiles at the dwarf and speaks much more clearly than he does in the common language of men.  "To a dwarf the clan is everything.   You're Da was probably outcast for some crime.   If that's true I should not even speak to you, for the clan would shun you too."

Hearing how harsh his statement sounded, Urgrosh takes a deep breath and cuts off Zurn's reponse by saying, "But the clan does show compassion when its warranted.   You chose to speak to me, an ugly orc.   Therefore I will return the kindness and allow you to wield my urgrosh as a sign of my friendship."   Carefully, he hands the beautifully adorned weapon to the small dwarf.  "Be careful, its heavy."
Blackspear

Wildfire

Zurn furrows his brow and says, "Well, I may not be grown up with tha' clans but me Da taught me of it. The urgrush be one of them things that he brung with him from tha' underground. So while be not me weapon of choice I do know how to use one."

Zurn watches Urgrush go and retreive his weapon. He had come to talk with the orc about his statement. The orc had remarked earlier that Zurn was not a dwarf because he wasn't raised in the clans. Not being able to wait any longer to hold back his retort to statement he says, "Y'know, jus' because I dinna grow up in with tha clans dinna mean I'm not a dwarf."
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Uhh.   No.   Aye go get weppon.   Yu no tuch.   Urgrosh was my fathas weppon.   Varry Speshal tu me."   Urgrosh takes three steps towards the pile of hay and stops, turning around to face Zurn.   "Yu no how tu fight wit urgrosh?  How yu no if yu not from clan?"
Blackspear

Blackspear

"Good Call on the improved language skills.  I have been really busy and completely forgot about who I was playing.   OOPS!! :oops: [color=green:ab06dcd203][/color]
Blackspear

Johan

Quote from: green:eac835036bZounds! The orc must have been faking his poor language skills last session![/color] :lol:
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Zurn looks up at the orc and says, "It be a grand thing tha' no one be in the way of tha' axe!" Zurn, despite his illogical instinct to remain away from the orc, found that he was also curious about him. Against his better judgement he says, "Allow me ta be gettin' yer axe. It's been a might long time tha' I be seein' one o' them used. Ye don't mind do ye?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

Urgrosh spent his afternoon moving about the courtyard of the keep as if in a trance.   He practiced his battle maneuvers over and over until he perfected each of them.   More than once, he nearly lost control of the mighty weapon.   But his concentration held until he heard someone call to him.   At that exact moment he was attempting "Durvin's parry and chop".    Much to his dismay, Urgrosh's grip on his weapon faltered and he launched it towards a pile of hay near the stables.   With a lot of trepidation Urgrosh watched helplessly as his weapon spun end over end accross the courtyard.    He uttered a sigh of relief when the axe end of the weapon buried itself deeply into the hay without harming anyone.  

Slowly turning, looking all the while like he meant to throw the urgrosh, he stared down at the dwarf and replied "Whachu wont Bruddah duarf?"
Blackspear

Wildfire

Zurn turns around, waves and says, "Thanks Pike, I'll make my way there." Zurn haeds off and back to where the Orc was practicing his with his Urgrush.

He sees the Orc weilding his axe with decent precision in a series of spins, chops and thrusts. "He seems ta be knowin' how to handle tha' thing pretty good. But I still be needin' ta see him in a scrape." Zurn thinks. Zurn approaches cautiously keeping his distance in case the Orc decides to embrace his true roots. "Uh...hello? Orc?"
Wildfire

Johan

"I's na' a problem, Zurn. Ye might be wantin' ta take tha' bow inna the inner bailey. I hear tell tha' they gots targits set up right fer practicin'."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank