- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Sayer ain't the only scribe!

Started by Blackspear, January 24, 2006, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Whisper smiles, nods, and quietly says, "That was a good answer Dale. Now you may ask me a question." She then sips from her chalice.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

"I am a man of many skills.   My heart yearns for justice, adventure, and friendship.   Yet all I can say for myself is that I have found adventure.   I seek knowledge and wisdom.   Specifically, I want to learn of Valekai and  to master magic.   Yet I do not want to suffer the delusions that he did.   I value nature and peace.  I do not wish to bring strife to the land.

"I was a street rat.  My education began as an outlaw in the streets of Kazbourne.   Because of the atrocities I suffered, I look to protect those who are weak.   That is why being a member of the Threshold Protectorate agrees with me.

"I was a flegling member of a coven of arcanists.   The coven is now disbanded.   My only friend Xen Castallis has left to go to the elven homeland.   My mother is dead and my father hunts me.   My mentor was slain while protecting me.   "All that I was is destroyed.   All that I am is changing.   All that I will become is just now being built..."  My master used to say this again and again.  It is true of me as well..."

Remembering all the pain in his life Dale silently wishes to do some lasting good in this world.   Maybe he can protect Threshold...as a start.  He looks into the eyes of Whisper and a gleam of hope shines in his eye.   Maybe she will steer him onto a path of righteous glory.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Whisper kisses her hands and then touches her forehead. "Ah, beloved Nyx. Nyx is mother and father to our life force. It is all that you see around you and the spirit within it. It is the great cycle of birth and death. It is the wind that you feel from the mountains and the mountains themselves. It is the fire that burns and the water that heals. It is the tree around us and the moss under our feet. You could not be without Nyx. We are all part of it and it is everything."

Whisper kisses her hands and touches her forehead again.

"Now, who are you? I don't mean the name your birth parents have bestowed upon you. I mean who are you?

Whisper takes a sip of the silver sheened water and stares at Dale. Her eyes penetrate him making him feel slightly uncomfortable.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"My name is Dalyhas Bal X'ulnathra.   I am from Kazbourne.  

I'm curious about Nyx.   I've read of Nyx before, but I didn't completely understand what I read.   Would you please tell me of Nyx?"

Dale leans forward, eager to hear the fey's answer.
Blackspear

Wildfire

"Among your kind I'm known as The Golden Fey. Others more familiar call me Whisper. And your name is Dale. Many of your kind have family name as well do they not?" As Whisper spoke she had gotten another amber chalice and dipped it into the water. She then sat down on her 'bed' and looked at Dale for an answer.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale takes his boots off.   Hoping his feet won't stink up the pure air of the nymph's wonderous home.   He graciously accepts the water and takes a sip.  The water tastes very much akin to the water he drank with Ashe and Maccabeus at the Ring.   Akin yet different.   He wonders who this sprite really is...

"Thank you for your hospitality.    Umm... Uh.. Well, how should I address you?"
Blackspear

Wildfire

Her delicate hand wraps around Dale's and proceeds to pull him into the tree. Dale sees his hand pass into the bronze colored trunk with ease. his hand can feel the life and coolness of the tree as though he slipped into a fresh, smooth river. His arm becomes engulfed and his face gets close to the smooth bark. By instinctive reaction he closes his eyes and senses the that he is now fully entering the Goldleaf tree.

He opens his eyes to see a domed room much larger than the tree could hold. Around him is the soft golden glow flowing from the chaotic pattern of goldleaves sunk into the walls of the dome. The floor is a velvet covering of dark green moss and the various pieces of furniture are living, twisted vines covered with flowers of all kinds. In the middle of the round room is pool of crystal clear water with a silver sheen and as smooth as ice. Directly across from the door is small plateau of moss blistering up from the floor. At one end of the plateau is a short bush of flowers that looks much like a pillow. A fresh, earthy smell fills Dale's nostrils and the pristine air makes Dale a bit light headed.

The fey motions to a flowery chair and fluidly says, "Rest your yourself. The air may make you unbalanced from it's purity. Let me get you some water to ease your thirst." She goes to an area of the floor by her bed and Dale sees a translucent amber chalice emerge from the moss floor. She silently walks to the pool and dips the cup into the pool filling it. She brings it to Dale who, in his comprehension of the dwelling, is still standing in wonder. She hands the cup to Dale and puts her smooth hand on his shoulder and says, "Please, remove your boots and and let yourself be comforted in the cradle of Nyx."
Wildfire

Blackspear

Taking a leap of faith that belies Dale's aggressive nature, he grasps the girl's hand and steps towards the tree.   He prays to any god who is listening that he will live to tell the tale of this encounter.
Blackspear

Wildfire

The fey smiles and says, "If you meet with my approval you may leave. To try and leave now would be your folly. So please come with me and I'll answer your questions that I have the answers to. For I too have questions that need truth to them. Please...", she melts into the large tree that she is standing at but leaves her hand extended out from the trunk, "...come with me to my wooded haven."
Wildfire

Blackspear

"If I enter, will you let me leave?   Are you an angel?   How long has it been since someone has visited this grove?"   Dale starts to review all the things he has ever learned about Sorcer Nyx.    He wonders if this is the same "Nyx".   Or is it somehow different?
Blackspear

Wildfire

"I am the guardian of this golden grove of Nyx. All who enter must meet with my approval if they wish to enter or leave. So please, come talk with me." The golden haired beauty says. Although her voice was like soft music her words were strong and hide words of warning.
Wildfire

Blackspear

My name is Dale.   I am  a memeber of the protectorate from Treshold.    "Is this a sacred grove of Mahiya?   What is this place?   Who are you?
Blackspear

Wildfire

Dale saw the thin fey-looking girl waiting by a thick trunked tree with her hand outstretched. Dale could see that the base of the tree was fenced with thorns and brambles. The flowers of the thorny bushes were signature purple and crimson Trumpetblooms. Dale had seen these at the Ring of Mists just recently.

Patiently she waited...
Wildfire

Blackspear

Again, Dale follows the young girl with extreme caution.    Yet he is very curious, so he tries to catch up to her.   All the while keeping an eye out for a trap.
Blackspear