- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.22.2132 - Interview in ShantyTown

Started by Dray, March 30, 2008, 09:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Mia didn't look at him directly as she answered, it was as if she were far away in thought.

"Mia Blanchetta Prescott" she replied.

Temmit was very familiar with this sort of response. He had seen it many times since he started interviewing candidates under the effects of Renee's potion. "What is your age and your house?" He asked quickly, too aware of the amount of time that they had available. He never knew quite how long one of these interviews might take. It was often quick, but sometimes they didn't have enough time to explore all of the candidate's answers.

"13, The Artificers House" she answered a bit blankly.

"Are you able to keep secrets, even from your family?"

"Yes, and I have."

"Ask her what secrets." Smokey instigated. Temmit ignored him. "Do you acknowledge that you have a special ability that could be viewed as magical, and that could put you in danger?

"I do."

"Do you trust our current government?"

"I do not. They don't care about people."

"If you met others kids with special gifts that might get them into trouble, could you keep their gifts a secret?"

"Of course I would".

Temmit turned to Renee and Emma. "I'm good." He said, indicating that he had already come to his conclusion, affording them to ask questions while the potion remained in effect.

Renee immediately chimed in. "Does anyone who you do not trust know of your ability?"

"Which ability?" Mia asked plainly.

"How many do you have?" Renee asked, not quite surprised at the response. They did get this response every now and then, but it wasn't exactly common.

"I am learning to make magical items." Mia's answer caused Temmit's mind perked up at that, and Emma gasped slightly. Renee took it in stride, as she was in her full leader persona. Still, her posture stiffened slightly, indicating to Temmit that she too was surprised.

Renee pushed on, asking, "Has anyone seen you use these abilities, of any type directly, enough to get you arrested."

"I don't think so." She answered with a thoughtful, yet flat consideration.

Renee looked at Temmit, "I am good too". Emma also nodded in agreement.

Emma then said, "Is it unanimous then, shall we stay in the alley to get her caught up when the potions where's off?"

Renee replied quickly, "I think it would be prudent. How about you Temmit?"

Temmit nodded in agreement. "Just stay. This is one that we definitely want, and I'll share more with you two later."

Dray

In two turns Mia went from a blank expression to a confused one. She looked to Temmit first and then said, "Temmit, how did we....how did we get into this alley?"

Then she went rigid and almost frightened, "your Renee Olsteel! What are you doing here?"

Renee immediately went to work. "Shush for just a moment Mia ok?" Renee said with the gentlist of voices and put a finger to Mia's lips.

"Clear your mind for a moment Mia, just relax and I will explain everything," she said.

Mia seemed to be slowly reaching a panic however, "but, Temmit and I were just exiting my house and all of a sudden I am here, what the..."

Renee, experienced in this reaction, persisted. "Yes I know Mia, I know, shhhh, it's going to be okay, shhhh," she soothed and Mia did slow down a little.

"Just listen. A few turns ago, Temmit introduced you to me and Emma here, we talked a few moments and you agreed to take this potion," and with that she held up the empty vial for her to see. "This potion allowed Emma, Temmit and I to discern your true magical abilities, as the three of us are of like-mind and wanted to be sure you indeed possessed magic, as we do. But unfortunately it also has the affect of making you forget the last few minutes of your life, that is why you are experiencing the memory loss now."

Mia digested all that and continued to stare apprehensively. "Am I in trouble?" she asked.

Emma responded, "not at all Mia. The three of us are on a mission to collect kids like us to form a special guild that helps us all understand our gifts. We do not seek prosecution for the government, we seek to hide from it until someday we can show them that they are wrong to distrust our power."

Renee continued, "while you were recovering from the potion affects we discussed your candidacy and unanimously decided that we trust you and would like you to join our guild."

Mia relaxed her arms a bit, which had been in an almost rigid upright position in which she planned to defend herself. "This is turning into a weird day. First I thought that you," she said pointing to Temmit, "was going to be my future husb...." erm, anyway, now I am being greeted by a revolution?"

Johan

Temmit smiled at Mia. "Even though you can see the future, I'm betting that you can't see *that* far into it, Mia." He said with what he hoped would be comeraderie.

"We're here to help protect each other, Mia. And to help each other to grow. We would like for you to join us in that effort. You meet a lot of good people, and discuss how we might work to make Safe Haven better. More true to its namesake. But I'm sure that you can imagine the need for secrecy. We are all gifted with abilities that would land us in unjustly jail, or worse. What do you say? Will you join us in keeping ourselves safe?" He looked into her eyes while she digested what he was saying.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Mia looked at the three of them for more than a turn.

"At least my fortune was correct," she said to Temmit. She then took a step towards Renee, instinctively knowing that she was in charge, and asked her, "alright Renee, I accept, what do I need to do?"

And with that, the three leaders sat the young Mia down in the alley for almost a hand, and whispered to her the story of the past, present and future.

End of Thread, to be continued in "12.22.2132 - Interview in Utopia"