- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Sayer ain't the only scribe!

Started by Blackspear, January 24, 2006, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

Duthash Zinnyas Arkus  (May 10th)

Dale packs up his gear and prepares to leave the common room of the Thornhedge.   As he makes his way towards the door, he looks at the smelly dwarf sleeping late into the morning.  His snoring is thunderous.   Dale shakes his head in disbelief and strides down the stairs.  "His clan must have kicked him out.   If not for the smell, the snore could cause a cave in.....Slob."

Dale strides through the tavern and heads off towards the bronze trees just outside of Threshold.  As he makes his way through town, he mentally checks off all of the things that he will need to scribe his scroll.  He has been in fights an awful lot lately.  Its always a good thing to have an extra spell on hand.   "The bronzewood looks peaceful and secluded.  Hopefully I can write this thing without being disturbed or discovered.  Besides Xorn hasn't been able to stretch his legs in a long time."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Dale started to frantically pat his pouches looking for Xorn. Upon touching the large pouch that his frog friend was in he heard a reassuring croak. Letting out a sigh of relief his heart stopped racing.

Form all about him he heard Whispers voice say, "Yes Dale. You can be sure that you will see me again."

Dale's ears were then quenched with the haunting sound of wind.

In searching about for Xorn Dale noticed that he had an extra water skin. It was made of Goldleaf Tree leaves and had a bronzewood stopper. Curious, he unstoppered the leafy pouch and could see within it the silvery water that had come from the fountain of Whispers wooded den.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

"Wait, will I ever see you again!!?"   Dale looks around the forest in shock and surprise.   Then with a start he looks for Xorn wondering if he is still in the nymph's home.   "Xorn, Xorn!   Where are you?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Whisper wipes the tears from her cheeks and says, "Valakai's intentions were no less than yours. But he lost his way. You can also lose your way. Eventually he realized his madness and returned back to his path. Unfortunatly, it was too late. Others sought his power and became equally lustful. He destroyed them."

Whisper looks around at her home and says, "Our time on this occasion is coming to an end Dale. What I will tell you of Sorcer'Nyx is that it's province is that of magic. It is the fifth elemental child."

Whisper smiled wide and said, "Please, on your return, move the rock that you sat upon back to the location in which you found it. Worry not Dale, we will speak again."

Without any warning Dale found himself standing back at the rock that he was at before encountering Whisper. When he had entered her great tree it was mid-morning. He noted that it was now getting on towards the evening.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"I shall seek this power that he speaks of, but  will use it wisely to help protect the world.  

Can you teach me about the power of Sorcer 'Nyx?"   Dale looks inently at the crying nymph in front of him and wonders what secrets she is keeping from him.

[color=green:16c2a24e8e]Sorry Guys, I have been really busy.   I'll try to keep up when my vacation ends, but I will be struggling to keep up with work for the next two months.  Its the most busy time of the year![/color]
Blackspear

Dray

[color=green:234a4f19ad][DOH! This was an awesome ICD, where did he go?!][/color]

Wildfire

[color=green:5944007111]Blackspear?[/color]
Wildfire

Wildfire

Whisper smiles as she so often does and says, "The power of Sorcer'Nyx. I apologize but that is all I am permitted to tell you of the power he held." Silver tears began to flow from Whispers eyes. "The lands north and east of here are an abomination because of the greed for that power. Lands that were once beautiful and majestic...they are now twisted...and warped. Be mindful of the power you seek Dale. Do not let your lust for magic or magic itself overtake you."
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Forgive me for being ignorant, but I know almost nothing about Valekai.   What "power" did he possess?"    Dale tries to sit calmly while he waits for the muse's response.   Absent mindedly he begins to tap his fingers on his knee until he realizes that the drumming might be considered rude.  Not wishing to offend Whisper, he abruptly stops tapping and places his hand on the arm rest of the magical chair he is sitting in.
Blackspear

Wildfire

"Of that I do not know. From what he's written he laments finding his power." Whisper's face saddens as she speaks her words.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Did he find a way to combine sorcery with arcanism?"
Blackspear

Wildfire

Whisper smiles releasing a sparkling tear that rolls its' way down her cheek and she says, "Valakai's has already told you. Listen to his words that have been echoed through his doctrine...they reveal much."
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale tentatively picks up a few of the feyberries as he looks around the sprite's hom in utter amazement.   The power that she commands is quite impressive.   Slowly, he begins to eat a few of the berries.   Their juicy sweetness is quite tantalizing, but Dale restrains himself from eating too many of them for fear of dozing off.

Looking towards the seemingly young woman, he tries again to get an answer to his queries.  "What blasphemy did Valekai commit?"
Blackspear

Wildfire

The twisted vines that make Dale's chair begin to bloom into bright lavender flowers filling the room with a sweet smell. Then just as suddenly the flowers petals wilt and fall to the ground. Left in the absence of the blossoms are thick bunches of deep lavendar colored berries about the size of a large grape.

Whisper stands and crosses the room to Dale. She gently removes a large vine filled with the berries. "Feyberries. These are may favorite. Be careful though they can make humans sleepy."

Whisper returns to her mossy bed and picks up Xorn and continues to pet the blobby frog. "Please, eat to your content."
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale notices for the first time that he is actually famished.   He had been concentrating for so long on writing the spell and then trying to unravel the mystery of the beautiful sprite before him, that he had forgotten all about his physical needs.   "Yes, something to eat will be most welcome."
Blackspear