Main Menu

The Delivery

Started by Wildfire, February 28, 2007, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

This thread starts on Sprouting Grass / Egg 25, upon arriving back at the Forest Keep, which was in the early morning hours

Corris was talking with Belwar, Brescht was talking with Hemo, and Zurn was lost in his thoughts.

The tall paladin moved gracefully to intercept Zurn as the priest solemnly bore the body deeper into the Keep.

Hefting the remains of his fallen brother, Zurn carefully maneuvered past the milling soldiers, and even his comrades, intent upon delivering Dannobar to the Keep's Chapel.

As he past by Belwar though, and long, lean, strong hand clasped his shoulder and stayed the dwarf a moment.

It was Corris. "Brother Zurn, are you well?" He asked, his concern evident in his strained voice.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Zurn thought some more about what troubled him and spoke his thoughts to Corris, "tha other thing tha be buggin me is tha Dannobar, who was a loyal son of Ehlonna, was lured ta the Vulture. Lured and may o' been betrayed. How many more o our brothers and sisters will...or even have already sworn allegience to this aspiring demi god?"

Zurn continued with a quaking voice, "I be knowin' tha I shoonah be worrin' aboot what could be an dealing more with what is...but the very thinking of it...". Zurn shook his head and took a deep breath. "It jus be making me...not well, Captain...not well by a long road.."
Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

Corris smiled grandly, and Zurn would forevermore swear that he saw the tall paladin even weep. "Remember, Zurn, our Lady does not make our decisions for us...we make them, and we take the consequences of our actions. Like a good mother, she lends guidance, and she will even cast us from the nest so that we can learn how to fly. She can protect us from anything except ourselves, and that is what Dannobar learned too late."

"Come." He said. "Shall we bring our brother's remains home and give him the closure that is needed?"

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

"We all of us need the occasional bolstering, Brother." Corris answered. He clasped Zurn's broad shoulder and the two walked on towards the Keep's small Chaple.

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

Corris smiled and regarded Zurn as the dwarf spoke. "Well, Brother," he began. "Lady Corryn and I have had a bit of an awkening on that point."

"All this long winter, I had thought that we were here to protect Gorna from the gargun that fester in the mountains, and I was not happy for such an assignment. Brescht points out, and rightly so, that Gorna isn't really a viable target for the gargun, there being nearly a fortnight between the two. At least, it's not a viable target from a skirmishing point of view."

"I don't think that this is what we're here for. With all this business between you, Dannobar, and Vorntoque, it's clear to me that what we're here to resist...to thwart...is the awakening of Vorntoque."

"We are not here on mission from a government, but from Our Lady." Corris breathed deeply, and it was clear to Zurn that the tall paladin was near euphoric in this thought.

Ever since this awakening, I've been far happier, Brother. To know that Ehlonna has work for me here, and it is at the vanguard of her army, fighting a vile enemy...it's quite an honor for me. For you as well, Brother. Ehlonna smiles upon you and her eye falls upon you with favor. Make no mistake about that."

"As for whether I think we've got what it takes to answer that challenge? Why, with allies like you and yours, I'd say this war is fairly in hand."

They came upon the chapel then. The doors were open to the warm spring breeze that blew. "Let us lay Dannobar in the infirmary, and go to find Lady Corryn, eh?" Corris suggested.

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

Wildfire

Wildfire