Temple of the Lost

Started by Blackspear, December 18, 2005, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Quinton notived the tear and asks, "Why do you cry?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

Elsyra leads the group through the temple.   She heads towards a door to the side of an ornate altar devoted to Azyrith.   She whispers a word and waves her hand and the door opens at her command.   Inside Lur'hion and Quinton can see a small chamber that has many candles and incense burners.   There are seven cushions on the floor in a small circle.  

Elsyra asks the group to stay at the door while she heads to an ornately carved box covered in gold and platinum leaf.  It is the most beautiful artifact that many in the group have ever seen.   The lid shows what must be Azyrith commanding Flaern to serve him.

Lur'hion can't help but become interested at seeing this scene depicted on top of the chest.  

Elsyra picks up the small chest and brings it to the center of the chamber.  She places it on the floor and then kneels in prayer.   After a few moments in silent devotion,  she looks at Quinton and says, "You and your companions may enter and sit on one of the cushions."

Once everyone is seated she looks at Quinton and says, "Inside this chest is my people's greatest treasure.  We have protected it for thousands of years from both the druids of Flaern and the wizards.   My ancestors were instructed by Azyrith to save it for you."

Elysra speaks a few words in an odd ancient sounding language and the lock of the chest opens.   Slowly, she lifts the cover of the chest.   Straining to see into the ornate box,   everyone sits up straighter and leans forward, craning their necks.  

As the cover is removed, the group sees that the interior of the chest is tightly packed with the stone that flea and Vecklyn so eloquently named the "pink stuff".   Later, Feldyn informed them that it was called Wizard's Stone.   Quinton, Flea, Elizabeth, and Larkin, remembering how volatile the stone can be, sit back as if they expected it to erupt in their faces.

"It is with great respect and reverence that I Elsyra, Great Mother of Zyrithia, give you Quinton, Son of Brendan, our sacred firestone.   I shall instruct you in its uses."   Elsyra looks at Quinton and wipes a tear from her eye.   Everyone noticed  that her voice was quavering while she spoke these last words.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Griznuq

Lur'hion appears to be preoccupied in his own thoughts. He is however listening.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Quinton glances at the others and says, "Well, we've been wanting to learn the secrets of this 'firestone' for some time. Let's waste no time." Quinton follows Elsyra.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Our prophets spoke of a great calamity, during a kingless age.   The forces of the dark goddess would terrorize the land.   The people would suffer from a great sickness.   The wizards would be killed in great numbers.  

"A man of Shada would reawaken the line of kings and wield the firestones in battle.  He would be known to us by his sword.   He would wield the sword of the great king.   The son of Brendan would arrive in the temple at the full Hunter's Moon.  We have waited in the temple every year for thousands of years.   It is one of our most sacred holy days.   Not until this day has anyone entered the temple.

"We are to give you the last of our firestone and teach you the ways of it.   In doing so our curse will be lifted.  We will be free to follow you to the sun.

"We know little of your companions except that they represent the united houses of the Kingdom.    You have brought them together, ending decades of petty strife and civil war.  You are our savior.

"We have waited over two millenia for you..."

Elsyra stares directly into Quinton's eyes as if searching for the truth of her people's prophecy.

After a moment of intense scrutiny, she says, "Come I must give you the firestone."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Quinton turns to Lur'Hion and says, "That symbol is quite a wonder is it not?"

"You truly believe that I'm the man of your prophcy then. What proof have I given to you, other than my sword, that I'm the one? And what of my companions? Were they prophesized to you as well?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

Elsyra leads the party into the large structure on the highest level of the cavern.   The structure is obviuosly designed for defensive purposes.  The keep is easily large enough to protect the entire population of this underground dwelling.

As the party enters the keep, their eyes are drawn upwards towards a large flame with the symbol of Azyrith upon it.   Its breathtaking in its magnitude.   It covers the entire ceiling of the fortress.  As people move, their perspective of the holy symbol never changes.  The symbol rotates with the viewer.

"That is absolutely beautiful!"  Elizabeth stares wide eyed with her jaw dropped.  "I've never seen anything like this."

Larkin simply stares in awe and then kneels upon the floor in prayer.

"This is our temple.   We built it over two thousand years ago with the last of our people's magic.  Azyrith himself graced us with his presence.   His symbol is proof of his approval of us, his disciples."  Turning towards  Quinton, she says, "Come.  I have a gift for you.   We have been waiting for many years to give it to you."
Blackspear

Wildfire

"Aye...it does Larkin. Although now isn't the time perhaps they can tell us more about it. I wonder how the army fares right now. We left them cold and hungry and not with much hope. I believe that they have the resolve though. Soon winter will end...just like the dark plaque that has been brought by the Deltharites."
Wildfire

Blackspear

Larkin stares in awe as well.  "It looks a little like the caves where the army is hiding.   That pink stone that you've got Feldyn mining glows like these homes."
Blackspear

Wildfire

Quinton takes in the sight of what appears to be a surreal night sky. Having worked the fields for much of his life he never had much opportunity to travel underground. Even in his recent extensive travels the underground was little more than crude caves. This, however, was extraordinay to his eyes. "Great Shada..." he whispers.

"Lur'hion, have you ever seen a sight like this? Has anyone here ever seen something like this? It's incredible..." Quinton's voice trailed off in absolute wonder.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Elsyra leads the party out of the temple and up to the cavern wall, where she starts to ascend the steps.    The small village (for lack of a better word) is the most curious sight that anyone has ever seen.   It is a multitude of bright lights coming from every hearth and the muliple leveles of homes just seems so strange.    

Everyone is feeling much better for having the soak.   Azyrith's warmth has done much good.   Old scars and fresh cuts and bruises have been completely healed over.   Most people notice a spring in their steps that they haven't felt for quit a while.

Elsyra leads the party towards the top of the steps where there is a large fort like building...
Blackspear

Wildfire

Quinton looks at Flea and says, "Probably to wash them for us. Do you remember clean clothes? They've sort of faded from my memory." Quinton leans in closer to him and whispers, "I hope they don't poke through out packs...especially yours. There's no telling how they'd react to the book."
Wildfire

Blackspear

After sitting in the pool and soaking in the warmth of Azyrith, Elsyra states,"Come.  We will break bread together."   She strides from the poll and grabs a robe that was placed there for her.   You notice that there are robes for the entire party awiting you.   Flea nudges Quinton and whispers, "Hey.   They took our clothes."
Blackspear

Wildfire

[color=green:b6d6947340]OOC: Quinton grew up as a dirt poor farmboy with aging parents. He never had much opportunity for a hot bath but instead swam in the neaby ponds and rivers. Hot water is a completely alien thing to him.[/color]
Wildfire

Griznuq

Quote from: green:afebad1a50what?[/color]
=]V[=