- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kitchen o' the Stump

Started by fraz, September 18, 2005, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Mall passes by the drunkard paying him no mind and from behind she hears a deep bass voice say, "Good sir! You ought to have more respect. No lady wants to dance with a drunken fool. Just walk away to bed and sober up before you get into trouble." Laren and Dale look back and see a towering, muscular Half-Orc with his large hands on the drunks neck.

As the troupe gets closer to the Rosewalk they can see that the Council house is locked and dark. The bright lanterns on the bridge and the street light the faces of the passer-bys in an orange-yellow glow.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

"Hey Maal, you should have danced with that guy.  You could have introduced him to your spear..."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

fraz

Maal Brengain steps past the the drunken man and continues on her way, showing no sign of response, as if she did not hear him at all.

There is determination in her every step as she maneuvers through the crowded evening streets of Threshold, heading towards the Rosewalk.
nothing

Griznuq

Laren looks from the drunk to Maal, and back to the drunk... and back to Maal.

Wonder what this guy's been drinking... he thinks to himself, showing only a slight smirk.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Stepping out into the night the group sees that the streets are filled with people drinking and dancing. The inner-town street lamps are lit and reach from the crossroads at the Thornhedge, down a ways towards the Valley, also across The Rosewalk and The Wolfsong and some beyond that.

As Maal is beginning to make her way through the crowd a drunken man in simple peasant clothes looking to be in his thirties approaches her. "Looovelyy miiiss, " he says in his drunken, slurry voice, "Would you care toooo have a dance wid mee? I thinkin' that you pretty..."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Laren hops up and scurries out the door behind her.
=]V[=

fraz

Not waiting for Dale to answer, Maal Brengain voices another thought: "Y'know, it occurs ta me tha' none o' us 'ave bother'd ta report wha' we saw ta Julius yet. It may be gettin' late, but I think he needs ta know aboot wha' we saw in th' sky t'nigh'... I'm gonna go knock on 'is door."

The tall Wildlander takes a last, long pull from her mug of ale and then abruptly stands up. She then picks up her shield and weapons from the floor and prepares to head out into the night...
nothing

fraz

"What say ye, Dale? Innerested in a little bit o' investigatin' t'night?"
nothing

Griznuq

=]V[=

fraz

Maal Brengain stares at Dale in silence for a long moment before suddenly snorting out loud at his unexpected bit of humor. Her scarred lip curls up awkwardly into a crooked grin.

"Heh! I like yer sense o' hum'r, Dale!"

"Anyw'y, th' reas'n tha' I menti'n it," she continues, "is b'cause I'm thinkin' tha' we should take a look at th' keep t'night after our meal. It's been suggested b'for' tha' it could be used as our base, so perhaps we should jus' stay there t'night to guard it. No snorrin' dwarfs! Jus' the cool Sythus night air! Th' soldiers 'ave all marched away, so it should be empty now anyw'y. What say ye both?"

The young Wildlander woman glances from Dale to Laren to gauge the response to her suggestion and then leans back and takes another long pull from her tankard. The unusual grin has already faded from her face, yet her manner is still rather unusually light and carefree.
nothing

Blackspear

"Yeah.   Unfortunately after seeing all those dead corpses today, that dwarf is gonna smell like roses."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...