- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.21.2132 - Renee's Concern

Started by Dray, March 28, 2008, 05:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: Griznuqwtf...? Why'd that post twice...

Because we're all posting at the same time, I think
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

He could see that she was very much comforted by his words.

"I need the journal back by Restday night, for he will return from the Outer Rim the very next morning. It needs to go back to its hiding place," she said. She then came back to the table and sat down.

After smiling at him for a few moments in appreciation she continued.

"There is more," she took a breath, but Temmit sensed that it was in relief, not further apprehension. He surmised from her body language that  she was beyond the really difficult reason he was there tonight.

"I have product in the black market, and it has been very successful."

Johan

Temmit nodded his understanding as she spoke. "I'll have it read the first time through by tomorrow night. Just give me an excuse to be alone after our interviews. I'll likely want to read it a few times through."

He smiled gently at her. At least, he *thought* it was gentle...he couldn't necessarily be sure. He then regarded her curiously. "What sort of product? And do you need my help with  that (like I know what I'm doing with the black market)?"

Dray

Renee blushed, something Temmit had never before seen her do, the affect was quite attractive.

"Damnit I knew you would ask," she cursed but was smiling nevertheless.

"Let's put it this way Temmit, girls who sleep with soldiers to often usually end up in jail with a big belly...my product keeps that from happening," she turned even redder and looked at the table completely embarassed.

"I don't believe I am having this conversation with you," she whispered, almost as if to herself.

Johan

It took Temmit more than a moment to understand. It was an interesting dichotomy that he found in himself: If someone were trying to hide something from him, he could sniff them out like a bloodhound. BUT if someone were trying to tell him something cryptically, he often had a difficult time following.

He did at last catch up to her though. "Renee, I don't want to cause you any discomfort." He said. "You've been through too much as it is...for too long, apparently."

His head cocked unintentionally. "Why did you tell me about your profits?" That, at least, didn't add up as yet.

Griznuq

Sharp as a bag of wet diapers, that one.
=]V[=

Dray

"Excellent question," Renee offered, seeming to be relieved to talk about the business end of it all.

"I tell you this because of the people who need protection while I am away. You see.." and she laughed despite herself. "My father makes the potions for me at his farm. The lab is hidden in the barn and he brews a few differnt kinds of POTS during the late evening hours."

She sensed Temmit about to speak and she interrupted. "Yes he knows what the best-seller does and NO he doesn't know his daughter uses it."

Temmit closed his mouth again, whether that was the answer to which Renee thought he had a comment or question on was left unknown.

She continued, the words coming easier to her now as she obviously had a lot of ground to cover.

"Kristen is the guild's liason with the black market. The brave girl had a connection in the her family, a cousin named Mitch. She handles the transactions and will need you to be her check point before and after sales that occur once a month," she said and then intercepted Temmit again.

"I will give you all the details later my dear friend," she said putting her hand up to his mouth and sitting herself back down. "Just bare with my for a few more turns."

"The supply chain is handled by my father who has used his hired hands who unknowingly ship the materials to the city in the bottom of nut barrels. Kristen receives the shipments and stores them at Leslie's parents Inn until ready for the sale. So the Inn is watched too by my contacts just as a precaution. Leslie's father knows of the POTS, but Leslie and the rest of her family does not, they think they are just barrels of nuts on their way to someplace else."

(OOC: Want to forcibly interrupt Miss Soprano?)

Johan

Temmit, having been interrupted twice now - or stayed, actually - allowed Renee to run her gammut as she needed.

Dray

"You ask me why I bring this to you? In that journal, Kristen is identified by the Captain," Renee said with great concern.

"A year ago I needed a reason, at least a basic one to tell John why I needed him to move his guards about or look another way. I had to tell him I was involved in the black market. It was a much easier thing to tell him then about the "revolution"," she said while quoting the word in the air.

"At the time it wasn't a big deal because I wasn't selling the best-seller yet, not knowing if it worked or not...well with that proven the demand became so strong and I needed a better, more reliable connection in LowTown, Kristen offered that. Had I realized at the time it would blossom into a complex weave of lies and her identity becoming known to the Captain I wouldn't have accepted her help, but that is exactly what happened," she wrung her hands.

"I didn't think he had her specifically identified until I read the description of her in one of the passages, it made me realize that enough is enough and I, we, need to know if we can trust him," she finished and looked at him with guilty eyes.

"That is a lot to absorb at once and I am afraid I didn't explain it very well...do you...do you have any questions?"

To Temmit she looked as if she feared a huge reprimand.

Johan

"Great deeds are wrought at great risk." He quoted sagely. Temmit had stored a large number of quotes in his mind, but they didn't all make sense until times such as this, when they were applicable.

"I understand, Renee." He said. It was time now for damage control. "To be honest with you, my first belief is that we can't trust him. I say this by virtue of having this particular journal. This sort of information, written down, can never be of help to you or to us. The only use for the information that you've mentioned is to hurt you and us. Still, let's see what we can see."

Dray

"I tend to agree, but dare to hope that we are wrong," she said.

They both sat for a moment at the table, lost in their own thoughts and not looking at each other.

"When Emma becomes leader it was our plan to initiate fractions within the guild. Ask everyone to make small groups of three. These three members would start to keep their secrets only amongst themselves and also be each others keeper. This way, should a member be captured by the government, only so much could be given to the authorities," she said, and she seemed to be getting a bit weary of the days business.

"Should she implement this plan, it may progress into certain fractions meeting only with others at certain times to further protect the guild as a whole," she said, wiping her eyes a bit, standing up and heading to her cot.

Without much flare, but with a bit of modesty she carefully laid down on the cot on her stomach, all the while talking. "If this happens, not only should you keep an eye and ear out for all the problems this could create, and obviously try to rectify them before they occur by councilling Emma, but you should also take certain people into your fraction."

She put her head down on her crossed arms beneath her and looked at him, awaiting his thoughts. She was tired but didn't look like she was ready to have him leave yet.

Johan

"These are prudent thoughts." He conceded. "The problems could be many, and many-faceted, but we will try, of course." He considered her words for a moment. "Who do you need me to keep an eye on, that I should join their fraction?" He asked.

Dray

She yawned.

"At the moment Leslie and Kristen, but that could change 4 months from now. And since Leslie absolutely adores you that isn't a bad fit if you ask me," as she spoke the smile on her face got stronger and stronger, even though she didn't lift her head.

"She either has a crush on you or sees you as a big brother, I haven't figured it out yet," she teased and then laughed tiredly. The laugh was full of relief though. Temmit sensed she had been wanting to get a good deal of this guilt off of her conscience for some time.

Johan

Temmit tightened up a bit as she spoke. That was the second time tonight that Renee had intimated that Leslie was somehow infatuated with Temmit. He acknowledged the likelihood that Renee at least believed this ludicrous notion, so she wasn't likely teasing him intentionally. Nevertheless it was a painful reminder of his own inadequacy.

"At least she's feeling better." Smokey observed.

"I'll figure it out, I suppose." He said somewhat dejectedly.

He decided to take this opportunity to ask Renee the favor that he'd been thinking on. "I realize that this might be a bad time, and please feel free to say 'no', but I'd like to ask a favor of you." He let the notion hang there, trying to gage her receptiveness.

Sense Motive 15...another lousy roll.

Dray

Renee picked up her head at the unusual request. She seemed to about to tease his character, but instead thought better of it.

"After all that I have burdened you with this evening, you certainly may ask for a favor my friend," she said, carefully choosing her words.