- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.21.2132 - Renee's Concern

Started by Dray, March 28, 2008, 05:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Renee was at a loss to what she now considered was his completely selfless behavior.

"You truly are a noble man my friend Temmit," she said, choking a bit of a sob of relief on the words. "That is exactly the reason. She trusts you, but she is far more comfortable with her best friend Harrison."

She smiled and took a hold of his hand on the table.

"She believes Harrison to be as intuitive as you just because he is so good with kids, I think she is mistaken to a point, but it is her call. Harrison is an excellent young man and will stand by her, I know that much."

She looked at him again questioning his resolve, "are you sure you are ok?"

Johan

"I suppose that it explains Emma's look at me when I pledged to be in service of the Clan no matter the outcome of the vote." He Chuckled a bit then.

"But yes, Renee. I'm fine with her decision, although I do remain confused. Is that the whole of the discussions that you needed to talk to me about?"

/sense motive = 12 (lousy roll!)
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

"Well, I am happy that it doesn't make you feel unaccepted. She does trust you after all," she said, then her eyes became hard. She looked away and back at him again, making another decision.

"That isn't all," she whispered, her voice cracking a bit.

Renee got up and headed to the cot, she pulled what looked to be a journal from under the small pillow and brought it to the table. Placing it in front of Temmit, she continued to stand, and even took a step back as if she feared the thing.

Johan

Temmit peered through the dim light at the book. "What's this?" He asked, reaching for it. He hoped that it was the hunter's journal that Renee had spoken about.

Dray

Renee rubbed her hands together nervously, but kept her green eyes on Temmits.

"It's Captain Athol's journal, I uh...I found it under his bed," she said apprehensively.

Johan

Temmit looked around the little room again. "Are you telling me that this was his bedroom?" He asked. "Did he come back here every night or two or something?"

He looked back up to her. "Have you read the whole thing?" He asked quietly, his thin fingers caressing the book.

Dray

Renee giggled, then a tear escaped her eyes.

"Um, no...he has quarters in the city above, as a Captain of the city guard for 10 years, he has made decent coin." Her voice was strained with a bit of sorrow.

She made a quick cough and collected herself.

"No Temmit, I have been visiting his quarters frequently during the past year. Only way I could truly trust him you know?" she asked, her eyes pleaded with hiim for understanding.

Griznuq

=]V[=

Johan

Understanding seeded in Temmit's mind. He had wanted to badly to belive that this was the journal of the Outlands Patrol that he hadn't heard Renee utter Captain Athol's name. "Sorry." He mumbled. "I guess I was only half listening."

He took his hand off the journal then. "Renee," he said gently. "If you don't feel comfortable having this conversation with me, you don't need to. I will always follow you; you have my loyalty." He considered her for a long while. "Is there something specific that you want to talk about?"

Dray

"Thank you Temmit, and believe me, I tried to think of any way around having to talk to you about my ...well whatever you want to call it," she sighed and turned around, facing the cot.

Without turning she continued, Temmit sensed a great deal of shame. "I need you to read the book my friend. In it, he writes of me and accounts every request I have made of him. Every single account of my using him to maneuver his guards throughout the city," she whispered.

She turned again, her face a bit more resolute. "We need to know why he did this, I need you to read between the lines, find out his motive, because it sure isn't spelled out."

Griznuq

Awe Yes! It's like, "Penthouse Forums"!
=]V[=

Dray

Without the pictures... damnit!

Oh wait!

That's better.

Griznuq

Sweet! It's like Penthouse Forums!
=]V[=

Griznuq

wtf...? Why'd that post twice...
=]V[=

Johan

"You have given of yourself for the greater good of Whisper, and of our kind, Renee. You have done more than anyone else, and you are a hero...heroine...to many. Ease your burden, my friend."

He picked up the journal. It was square, about six inches, and an inch thick. There were no distinguishing marks upon the cover. "I will read this, and I will keep it the strict-most secret." He said. "It would help if I might be able to get a little close to him, without him knowing me. If I can understand his personality, it would help. Perhaps we'll work on that in the coming weeks." He peered at the first page. The first of many. "I'll have to take some personal time tomorrow where I can read."