- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12-22-2132 - The Awakening

Started by Johan, March 29, 2008, 09:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Renee thanked him in between sobs and took the cup. She swallowed a final sob and behind it the drink. She looked at the cup for a moment, thinking. The sobbing had abated as quickly as it had appeared.

She lowered her hand possessing the cup but didn't turn to look at him as she spoke, "as I read the journal, I tried to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Throughout the entire damned thing I tried to justify his words, all the while coming to similar conclusions," she turned to face him, "although mine were not as well thoughtout or defined as yours."

She gave him a quick smile, her face a bit flush from crying.

She sat down at the table and held up her cup requesting more coffeecup.

"So what do we do about him," she asked with serious implication.

Johan

Temmit poured more into her cup and swallowed. He almost hated to pour more pain upon his friend.

"I don't think that you can simply leave him, Renee." He said. "I am confident that if you did, he would turn you in without thinking twice. Or once. This is his power over you."

"Two paths occur to me: either we find something to keep over him (and the contents of this journal aren't enough...he wrote it too shrewdly), or he needs to be eliminated." Temmit was surprised at how callous he could be.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

"Assassination is something that crossed my mind...an easy out in at least regards to a final solution," she paused, and Temmit already knew what she was going to ask.

"But how does that make us any better than the government we are trying to save these children from?"

Johan

"Well, there are many who will suggest that the Ends justify the Means. And for me, you are the most important person within Whisper - perhaps ever - and Whisper is far more important than Mr. Athol, or even than our government, given the way that it's being run."

"And not for nothing, but one of the things that makes what we're doing better, is the fact that we're not trying to persecute anyone, and we're trying to create a better, peaceful land. What *they're* doing is trying to keep power for themselves. They are being hypocrites, while we are not. Realize this: we would be put to death for having the same powers that *they* have!" Temmit was getting a bit worked up now. "They tell us that magic is immoral and illegal, but they use it all the time. That's about controlling other people, and I'll be damned if that's not immoral, and shouldn't be illegal. Those writings are there as a way to control you. It's not to scare you, because to do that he would have to have shared them with you, and he didn't do that, did he? He's amassing information whose purpose is to hurt you. I don't see you doing that; certainly not for any purpose other than defense. Who are you going out of your way to hurt? All the while taking advantage of them? No one! That's who."

He seemed to realize that he was doing a lot of speaking then, and regained himself. "Sorry." He said meekly. "I don't know the fellow, and I'm pretty sure that I'd be glad to kill him for you."

Dray

Renee didn't seem to be offended by his rant, she put a hand on his and held it gently.

"It is all a matter of personal responsibility and more importantly, perspective," she said, trying to be as collected as he usually was.

"Easy for us to judge others from the lofty position of our own righteousness, a position developed only through our own limited knowledge and experience."

Johan

"Be that as it may," He said. "We'll have to think on this, and decide something. All said, it's your decision. I'll help you do whatever you decide needs to be done."

"Now, I need coffee, and we need to conduct an interview or two."

Dray

Renee looked at her watch. "I think I have time to run to Wil's mother's house and ask to use her shower, if I hurry."

She got up and gathered her handbag and her sword from its hidden cubby.

"I'm buying the coffee at Nutcase this morning," she said and looked about the room for anything else she may have left behind.

Johan

Dray

...To Be Continued in 12.22.2132 - Interview in ShantyTown.....

Griznuq

wtf is with that avatar? is that a freakin mouse?
=]V[=

Johan

I think it's a bunny. A cute widdle bunny wabbit.

Dray

Bunny wabbit from Final Fantasy XII, your should see Fran, she is a MUCH nicer bunny wabbit.

Fran (she is a wabbit race) (Click on it...ahem....to make it bigger)

Dray

Chinese software developers are perverted geniuses.